Trying 5 Strains Cinderella Man -- BeanFranklinz (1 fem 1 OG Gelato)

• Thread starter sambapati
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NotFrankster

NotFrankster

HOLES I CAN FALL DOWN resonated with me when reading your post. Mom and I saw Prince Harry today on CNN interview complain about his dysfunctional siblings and Oedepus complex. Mom says, "at least you dont have his (Harry) problems."
I was thinking about my bloodline when I thought of him. Royality, pure insanity bred to the bones. I think he's partly a product of his sad environment. Needs to get in touch with his primal side; like his older brother. lol.

having everything handed to him, and his mom being a bit of a slut didn't help either.
PXL 20230111 044101079

PXL 20230110 234558499
PXL 20230110 230130377

locating buildable area, finding building materials on the ground, and need to fell some hardwood maples for safety reasons, need somebody for that part. removed some briars and devils foot... I got a nice place I want to do first. Then up farther, there's lots of opportunities here for making campsites, especially. Or a few stump dwellings possibly.

Have to brainstorm, but the first site is for certain.

PXL 20230110 225820713
sambapati

sambapati

Have some progressionals take down ceaders. Santa Cruz and falling trees in the news because of creeks that never flooded B4....Have to create a clearing then elevate your living structure Swiss Family Robinson style. We had our first rain in a long time today, had to take a motobike taxi home.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Majestic trees! Those will bring out the spirituality in you. Hope you don’t plan on taking the old big ones. How is it going over Thailand way? Are the rest of them showing?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What? Of course temp and light have roles in determinimg plant sex as0

Whenever people start a sentence with the phrase, "I don't think" that means:
a) they aren't really sure
b )they normally don't think but sometimes they do
c) everything that follows the clause is suspect (this is correct)

@Oldchucky -- OC, next you're going to say you don't believe in John Stuart Mill's argument about free will in humans? Everything isn't determined in either plants or animals or people because the environment dictates a lot of what will happen; how much you have to eat and what you eat and how cold/hot you are determines whether you live or die. Would you say that plant container size and shape has something to do with whether plants become male or female (at least 4" container height is recommended? ILGM has a whole section on 'helping' ensure plants become female. Read the following (from some expert chimps with typewriters) and see if any of this changes your mind....@notfrankster can also chime in ..... You could also do some field research here and wander around seeing how many 'males' present themselves as 'females'

Environmental Factors Influence Cannabis Seed Gender​

how make cannabis plants grow into female

Just as environmental factors will affect your cannabis plant yields, environmental factors will also influence the gender of your cannabis seedlings. If you don’t have a good grip on your growing environment, maybe you should postpone germinating that $75 seed you just bought.

Think of the cannabis plant choosing the male gender as a defensive mechanism in certain circumstances. Aside from being genetically predisposed to growing as a male, in several instances a plant could choose to be a male due to a stressful environment – not enough water, too much heat, or maybe a pest infestation. A male would pollinate nearby females and increase chances of survival from whatever is causing the cannabis plant stress.

These Specific Weeks During Vegetative Growth Are Critical For Ensuring Cannabis Plants Grow Into Females​

The third and fourth week of the vegetative phase of growth are the most unforgiving weeks when it comes to determining your cannabis plant’s sex (gender). Take extra care of your plants during these weeks and make sure these aren’t the weeks you decide to leave the plants home alone for a couple days while you take a long weekend at the shore house!

If you’re planning to use any of the tips below to ensure female cannabis plant growth, you may want to begin enacting them ahead of this crucial growing period, so by the nutrient levels and environmental changes have time to take effect on your plants. Some of the tips are easy to enact right away, but with nutrients it could take a few days.

This study found cannabis seedlings “choose” a gender by the time the fourth node is grown. So also take this into consideration when you’re trying to influence your cannabis plants’ gender. You want to influence those plants before the gender is decided.

Increased Nitrogen Levels Encourage Cannabis Seedlings To Grow Into Female Plants​

Keep in mind that you don’t want to begin feeding nutrients to your plants until they’ve entered the vegetative growth phase, or about two to three weeks of age. Once at that point, providing your plants with a good amount of Nitrogen will encourage it to grow as a female.

Of course the question on everyone’s mind is “what is a good amount of nitrogen?” and it’s hard to give a specific answer because the answer for you may not be the right answer for someone else growing with a different brand of soil that has a different amount of nitrogen within it.

With that said, remember that cannabis plants will basically tell you if they need more nitrogen or not, and you should be able to determine as much and act on it by the time you get to the critical weeks three to four of the vegetative phase, where any environmental stress will increase the odds of growing male plants.

Remember that lime green colored leaves usually means the plant can use more nitrogen, and dark green, shiny leaves usually means the plant is getting too much nitrogen.

Low Potassium Levels Encourage Cannabis Seedlings To Grow Into Female Plants​

Keeping potassium levels low in your nutrient mix has also shown to encourage cannabis plants to grow as females. If the nutrient solution you’re using has a high level of potassium, you may want to consider making and using your own nutrient mixture with less potassium until you’re sure you’ve got females.

If you’re growing with organic compounds that are naturally rich in potassium, such as wood ash, it may not be the best environment for encouraging female plants. At a minimum make sure you take the nutrients in your organic soil into account and adjust accordingly for any additional nutrients you may be feeding.

Low Temperatures Encourage Cannabis Seedlings To Grow Into Female Plants​

Keeping growing temperatures in a healthy range is already a big problem for a lot of growers. It’s also going to be a problem for those cannabis seedlings you’re hoping grow into female plants. Check out my post on lowering temperature in your grow tent for a few tips on the subject.

If you want to encourage more female cannabis plant growth from seeds, keep your temperatures around 70 degrees Fahrenheit, with little fluctuation.

Seeds germinate best at 78 degrees Fahrenheit (25 degrees Celsius). But once they sprout, keep the temperature steady around 70 degrees. I know this is a big ask for some people but if you’re tired of growing 4 out of 5 males in a 5 seed pack (or worse), these are the tricks you need to focus on!

High Humidity Levels Encourage Cannabis Seedlings To Grow Into Female Plants​

Increasing humidity levels will encourage more female plant growth. As you’re approaching those critical weeks during veg, try increasing your humidity to about 70 percent. I know this sounds crazy because you’re asking for mold or mildew at those humidity levels. But if you can get away with it for a couple weeks you’ll be golden. Keep an eye on your soil moisture levels when you do this because the increased humidity will dry out your soil faster, and dry soil is a cause of stress for cannabis plants!

More Blue Light Exposure Encourages Cannabis Seedlings To Grow Into Female Plants​

blue grow light

Strong blue light is essential to cannabis plants during the vegetative phase, with a focus on the word “strong”. More blue light exposure will encourage those young cannabis plants to grow into female plants. So if you’re using low strength T5 tubes, perhaps focus on upping the power and increasing the blue spectrum quality with a Metal Halide grow light fixture, or a blue spectrum LED grow light.

If you have a grow light with two light modes, you’ll want to keep the red lights turned off during the vegetative phase. This is pretty basic and a lot of growers are already familiar with the concept of blue light spectrum being for the vegetative phase, and the full light spectrum (blue to far red) being used during flowering.

If you have a single mode grow light that includes red diodes, just focus on the other points in this post, or get a dedicated blue spectrum grow light for the vegetative phase, if you’re willing to go that far.

Less Light Exposure Time Encourages Cannabis Seedlings To Grow Into Female Plants​

decrease cannabis light exposure time

I frequently hear of growers running 20 and 24 hour vegetative phase light cycles. There’s nothing wrong with that. But if you really want to encourage female plants, expert cannabis cultivator Jorge Cervantes recommends 14 hour veg light cycles to encourage young vegetative phase cannabis plants to grow into female plants.

Once you’re sure you’ve grown females, go ahead and increase that light exposure time again until you get to the flowering cycle, or until you harvest if you’re growing autoflowers.

But as you’re approaching those critical veg weeks three and four, you may want to consider decreasing your light exposure times to 14 hours per day. Switching back to 18 or 20 hours won’t hurt the plants as long as you’re in the vegetative phase of growth.

I don’t want to mislead, you can certainly grow female plants with 18 or 24 hour light cycles. But if you’re growing expensive unfeminized seeds and you want to encourage them to grow into female plants, consider temporarily reducing your light exposure as mentioned above.

What To Avoid When Trying To Grow Cannabis Seedlings Into Female Plants:​

Environmental Stress​

Environmental stresses of any kind will increase the odds of your precious cannabis seedling growing into a male plant. I refer you again to my guide on increasing cannabis yields, because the very first section is a growing environment checklist for you to ensure you’re offering your plants an ideal growing environment.

List Of Environmental Stresses For Cannabis Plants:​

• Under and over-watering
  • Under and over-feeding
  • Frequent temperature fluctuations
  • Temperatures outside of recommended range for growing
  • Mold, mildew, and pests
When you combine that with the tips offered in this post, your odds of growing your cannabis seedling into a female plant are much higher than if you had done nothing. I cringe reading the reviews for exotic cannabis seeds where people say every single seed in the order died or turned into a male plant. Sure, receiving a bad batch of seeds is a possibility, but you really have to wonder if the grower knew what they were doing in the first place!
This is like that old joke about getting a 12 book series for men on how to pick up women ..............Or ...............the 1 page pamphlet for women on how to pick up men.

It interesting though to think we can manipulate the sex of seeds by giving it a few helpful conditions along the way in the first few weeks of its life......but still the odd fking male shows will show up and ruins the party or just waste my time, money and effort

I've had so many frustrations with reg seeds I'm sticking with fems.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
L O L! I know the feeling! Dude up in Trinity County gave me 40 orange cream sickle and 40 Durban regular seeds. So I will be going through the pain in the ass of trying to get a few of them to the finish line. But going to score some feminized also just to make it simpler. Like to run various strains just to keep things interesting. Evidently so does sambapati.

sambapati

sambapati

L O L! I know the feeling! Dude up in Trinity County gave me 40 orange cream sickle and 40 Durban regular seeds. So I will be going through the pain in the ass of trying to get a few of them to the finish line. But going to score some feminized also just to make it simpler. Like to run various strains just to keep things interesting. Evidently so does sambapati.
If wishes were horses, poor folks could ride. I didn't do a good job with light management this time around and the plants are suffering as a result. I rushed and the 24 hour on period resulted in weaker root systems and long rather than bushy starters. So I'm bending the tall ones over sideways and we'll see what happens. I'm worried that they will hermit. The smaller Sambathai plants aren't showing any sex but they seem to be growing OK. Having some fem seeds that you know will work out is a good insurance policy. There was a story in the Thai news that the government is somehow 'tracking' people who have signed up to grow weed. Millions of people are being tracked? How? I never signed up and still nothing I talk about outside this forum and plan to keep it that way. Don't axe me no questions and I won't tell you no lies. Glad that Cali finally got some rain, hope it helps break the drought cycle. Dope gives you hope, but don't take any wooden nickels.

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Majestic trees! Those will bring out the spirituality in you. Hope you don’t plan on taking the old big ones. How is it going over Thailand way? Are the rest of them showing?
more than I can use in ten lifetimes laying on the gIround and the five acres above the creekside over there, huge monsters if I could ever move some of it. falling off the abyss into my land from the mountains above it. The clay ridges are no joke. they spare nothing.

I think the key here is finding what can be extracted and used, with minimal effort and hazard. Take what the forest gives, and leave the rest. If I take anything down, it's mostly going to be huge hardwood maples, where I'm building for safety reasons, and they just can be cut into firewood, or made into instruments, a few up there could be worth something, and a helicopter could take them for dropping me a few shipping containers.... I'll call it even trade possibly.

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

This is like that old joke about getting a 12 book series for men on how to pick up women ..............Or ...............the 1 page pamphlet for women on how to pick up men.

It interesting though to think we can manipulate the sex of seeds by giving it a few helpful conditions along the way in the first few weeks of its life......but still the odd fking male shows will show up and ruins the party or just waste my time, money and effort

I've had so many frustrations with reg seeds I'm sticking with fems.
bingo, nailed it. Taking advantage of public information, and turning it into a marketing exercise. capitalism at its finest

CANNABIS FASCIST and I say that with all sincerity

fem's are where it's at bubba, especially if they've been made with known clones in an f1 state. I usually enjoy the different phenotypes anyhow, less disease issues IMHO.

clones are potentially dirty, especially ones that have made it around the block a few times

Last edited:
NotFrankster

NotFrankster

If wishes were horses, poor folks could ride. I didn't do a good job with light management this time around and the plants are suffering as a result. I rushed and the 24 hour on period resulted in weaker root systems and long rather than bushy starters. So I'm bending the tall ones over sideways and we'll see what happens. I'm worried that they will hermit. The smaller Sambathai plants aren't showing any sex but they seem to be growing OK. Having some fem seeds that you know will work out is a good insurance policy. There was a story in the Thai news that the government is somehow 'tracking' people who have signed up to grow weed. Millions of people are being tracked? How? I never signed up and still nothing I talk about outside this forum and plan to keep it that way. Don't axe me no questions and I won't tell you no lies. Glad that Cali finally got some rain, hope it helps break the drought cycle. Dope gives you hope, but don't take any wooden nickels.
Five eyes bubba, the US GOV. is having our allies spy on our citizens and vice versa. One hand cleanses the other. English speaking nations unite!
  • The Five Eyes (FVEY) is an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Thailand is just a sixth pillar.... falls under it's umbrella. cause the king is down with it and they need a loyal neutral partner. Somewhere to bury the bones.

Freedom at its finest...

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Five eyes bubba, the US GOV. is having our allies spy on our citizens and vice versa. One hand cleanses the other. English speaking nations unite!
  • The Five Eyes (FVEY) is an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Thailand is just a sixth pillar.... falls under it's umbrella. cause the king is down with it and they need a loyal neutral partner. Somewhere to bury the bones.

Freedom at its finest...
"Freedom -- just another word for nothing left to loose" Kris Kristofferson....
"We have met the enemy and he is us" Pogo
"Its like deja vu all over again" Yogi Berra

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

"Freedom -- just another word for nothing left to loose" Kris Kristofferson....
"We have met the enemy and he is us" Pogo
"Its like deja vu all over again" Yogi Berra
Freedom is feeding our children and the poor into a meat grinder, for "national security interest" because "a free people" can't agree on the most basic realities governing the universe.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Congratulations on the girls! And even more so on the light. Now you’re talking! I would be inclined to use these girls to get the hang of the new light. Ask the commander what he thinks, then take it from there! Looking good! You better spiff up that room! You can’t be Parking a Ferrari in just any old garage!

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Congratulations on the girls! And even more so on the light. Now you’re talking! I would be inclined to use these girls to get the hang of the new light. Ask the commander what he thinks, then take it from there! Looking good! You better spiff up that room! You can’t be Parking a Ferrari in just any old garage!
20230117 075652
Have entered into discussions with the Commander regarding the new light. He reminds me of our family crest,' Act in haste, repent in leisure'

Top Bottom