Trying out CoCo? Because i suck!

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hey guys, Im sure some of you the past couple days have seen my last few posts with nothing but issues. Im seriously not a good grower at all. LOL and i can admit that, i did have one good harvest, and no luck since then. Ive been having watering/root balling issues with FFOF. Ive seen some good results with cococoir so i figured id try it. So here is my plan. I know some of you might cringe, but hear me out.

So, ever since my first harvest, this seems to happen to most of my young plants...
Watering issues - Roots balling up
Second grow, just going wrong - click me!
^^^Its a link, Click^^^^
Dont feel like going to the links? heres a tl;dr, this is what keeps happening with FFOF:
Trying out coco because i suck 5

I figured, with all the hype about coco and not being able to overwater it, i thought about this!
1572204880093.png

CannaCoCo Mixed with perlite, and All purpose 4-4-4 from the get go.
1572204937074.png

Going into flower, reamend with a 4-8-4, i know in flower, you should have lower nitrogen. im still searching for a better ratio. i would like to get gaia green bloom 2-8-4 for flower, but unfortunatly it is mad expensive in the united states. so i figured i could swap it out with the 4-8-4. Im brand new to coco, maybe this is a horrible idea? Maybe i should swap out the nutes?
1572205151172.png

I know slow release isnt the best to grow cannabis. But i have seen some decent results? Maybe it would help solve my shitty watering tactics?

Really im just sitting on a bag of coco, not sure what to do with it.

Example of a slow-release run using Gaia green 4-4-4 slow release amendments, and gaia green 2-8-4 bloom.
Compost teas etc*
1572205351796.png

Last edited:
DirtBagDev

DirtBagDev

It's easy, you got this big guy.
Maintain control of the PH of your water and pay attention to when your plants need a lil more food during transition and you'll rip it up🥦🥦🦹‍♂️

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
It's easy, you got this big guy.
Maintain control of the PH of your water and pay attention to when your plants need a lil more food during transition and you'll rip it up🥦🥦🦹‍♂️

Appreciate the reply, i really have no clue what im doing Lol. i heard slow release are a world of problems due to the fact you have to water so much.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Also you can blend coco with soil for better aeration. If you are looking to just use it.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Also you can blend coco with soil for better aeration. If you are looking to just use it.

Yeah pretty much just want to use up the coco, so i dont waste the money, im a FFOF grower right now not having the best of luck, but will stick with FFOF, im to new for coco, i have a couple seedlings starting in coco for the fun of it. see how far i getem using this method. its all just for the laughs i guess, if i get anywhere well, then damn. But yes, imay do a mix just to use up the cocoand not waste the money. Thanks for the link though, checking it out now.

Last edited:
bunkerking

bunkerking

Yah if you are struggling with growing. I wouldnt change up too many things. FFOF will grow awesome plants, ive used it in the past. Maybe 20% coco, 20% perlite 60% soil mix. Is what id do at least.

Top Bottom