Trying to achieve 10 pounds a harvest in a 16x11 room, averaging 6-8 any tips?

• Thread starter Slaya
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slaya

Slaya

It's a 16x11 room and I'm squeezing 70 plants in there. I get the plants either as babies and teens and they get to veg for around 3 weeks. I got 10 pounds the first two times but it's gone down to 7-8 and sometimes 6 when things go wrong like mold. I'm using 6 Gavita 1000 lights and putting them in 5-gallon pots. I feed them 1.5L of water every 2 days usually. How can I increase my yield to a constant 10 pounds a harvest? any tips would be appreciated.

Trying to achieve 10 pounds a harvest in a 16x11 room averaging 6 8 any tips
Download 6png
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm sorely mistaken, we actually are using promix. do you think it would be worth using happy frog for babies and then transplanting them into 5gallons of promix? or could i just transplant them into more happy frog
I suggest sticking to the same media. Imo I would stay away from mixing prefertilized soils with synthetic nutrients. It just complicated things like runoff pH and ppm. So if going with synthetic nutrients I would suggest promix HP and even some more added perlite if 5 gal. That way you can utilize the runoff pH and ppm to have an idea of what's going on in the media.

With happy frog or ocean forest you can't because organic nutrients is not reliable to measure with a ppm meter.

You will also have better drainage and aeration.

I mean this my opinion... nothing wrong with organics but I wouldn't mix them.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I'm sorely mistaken, we actually are using promix. do you think it would be worth using happy frog for babies and then transplanting them into 5gallons of promix? or could i just transplant them into more happy frog
If you are set on the happy frog , I don't think there will be any problem setting up the clones in it then moving the established plants into pro mix ....sometimes I do exactly that as I find the organic soils gentle on the delicate clones
So I'd say if you are dead set on that notion , go for it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you are set on the happy frog , I don't think there will be any problem setting up the clones in it then moving the established plants into pro mix ....sometimes I do exactly that as I find the organic soils gentle on the delicate clones
So I'd say if you are dead set on that notion , go for it
I'd take that advice ^^^. I'm just set in my ways

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's all a gamble lol. I may try it out for the first set of babies. Currently, I'm feeding it General Hydroponics, chemicals. So I think it would be best to stick with promix. I wonder If I transplanted it into more happy frog soil would I not have to feed it for even more time even after flipping it?
Not sure what you mean? Happy frog has nutrients in it but it's pretty light so may still need some in addition. Very important is watering in soil. Overwatering is probably the number 1 issue in soil I see.

Slaya

Slaya

Not sure what you mean? Happy frog has nutrients in it but it's pretty light so may still need some in addition. Very important is watering in soil. Overwatering is probably the number 1 issue in soil I see.
Oh ok, I was under the impression that it had enough food in it for 4 weeks, or maybe thats just when its in the baby stage?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh ok, I was under the impression that it had enough food in it for 4 weeks, or maybe thats just when its in the baby stage?
Generally it does. But depends on the plants. I have a bag at home and granted I run high light and co2 but I needed to supplement mine after like 2 weeks but those were small 1 gal pots.

In cannabis there is no 1 right answer and as much as we think we are the boss I can tell you we are the batches and the plants are the boss... and that's how happy plants like it. They tell us what to do and what they want.

Slaya

Slaya

Have you been running the same strain this whole time?
No, we get different strains every now and then, it never really stays the same for too long. we usually grow it all the same though, maybe that's an issue as well.

Slaya

Slaya

Generally it does. But depends on the plants. I have a bag at home and granted I run high light and co2 but I needed to supplement mine after like 2 weeks but those were small 1 gal pots.

In cannabis there is no 1 right answer and as much as we think we are the boss I can tell you we are the batches and the plants are the boss... and that's how happy plants like it. They tell us what to do and what they want.
Thanks so much for the input, it helped

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

No, we get different strains every now and then, it never really stays the same for too long. we usually grow it all the same though, maybe that's an issue as well.

Yea, different strains can have a huge variance in yield, some strains are heavy producers and some aren't. Find a cut that produces to your liking and clone the shit outta it.

Ponky

Ponky

You would need to crank the heat to 90. Max out the CO2. Max out the lumens and grow high yielding strains. Most likely hydroponically. And spray with strong stuff so you get zero bugs and fungus. Possibly find some plant hormones to promote growth.

growsince79

growsince79

With 176 sqft, 160oz should be very doable. Looking at your picture I'm wondering how you can even get in there and take care of anything. I'd split the room down the middle making 2- 4x 16s with 3' access strip. That leaves you with 128sqft for buds. At 2oz/sqft you get 16lbs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom