Trying to complete grow second time, can't progress any close to flowering stage

• Thread starter Abell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Abell

Abell

Hello guys, new member of your community here from EU, asking for your wisdom :)

Process: I've got tried 2x times auto feminized seeds (different strains), both times they died in veg stage sadly.
First one died because of overwatering (bad try to use cheap drip-from-a-bottle system with soil, it was constantly warm) and propably nutrient lockout problems).
Second one is dying right now.

Soil, nutrients: Some mix soil which was saved from first failed growth attempt - flashed out batmix allmix (ph 6.4-7.8), some new soil with ph 4.5-5.5 (with NPK 500/500/650), vermiculit, some urea non-liquid nutrient (NPK 46-0-0). Goal was to finally always see 6.1-6.2 ph water coming in runout (first attempt was always about 7~ runout, even if I fed 5.0 PH water to stabilize that).
Goal to save PH was reached, runout from water 6.1 ph was about 6.2 ph which I thought was ok.
Seed was germinated with small peat pallet, so I just installed that pallet with seedling into the soil (5litres ~ 1.3 gallon smart pot) and didnt add any nutrients for like 7-8 days, only clean water.
Then I started to see some yellowing and by reading symptoms suggested it needs a bit more nutrients.
Added some vega nutrient (NPK 3-1-4, 1ml per litre, fed about 1 litre totally).
This was one of the reasons I've got some problems in my case I guess.

Light: 100 watt LED with Sumsung LM301H diodes, 2.7 umol/j, about 2 feet above canopy, at 25% (seedling), to 50% (veg). Schedule is 18/6.
Using PPFD software on android and UT383BT sensor I'm seeing about 17k lux. With my LED from 450 to 750 nm with spikes on blue and red
WIth my light at 50% at 2 feet hight If I choose software options of pattern Red(650nm) + Blue(450nm), software shows for 18/6 schedule PPFD is 1536 umol/m2sec, and DLI is 99.5 mol/m2day which is very high.
But when I choose option of Red(650nm) + Blue(450nm) + White (3500K) I've got results 445 PPFD and 28.8 DLI which is "good". Not sure which one is correct so getting me messed up totally with that spectrum things.
Photos of spectrum from LED Manual:
sp1.jpg
sp2.jpg

Temp, Humidity: RH was around 75-80 on seedling stage, veg usually 55-65 range. Temp 22C (night) - 25-28C day.

Some timestamps and photos:
Day 7
IMG_20210914_125004.jpg

Day 9
IMG_20210918_142657.jpg

Day 11
IMG_20210920_131608.jpg

Day 15
IMG_20210924_120638.jpg

Day 23
IMG_20210930_132134.jpg

At this moment I was scared, so I've decided to do some flushing and plant it into smaller pot to speed recovery (better control over nuts I guess).
While was flushing I saw that roots are no more than 2-3 inches inside ground, and there are very small amount of them, so 90% of big pot was empty all this time.
So, tried to fix problem this ways:
1. I've put some soil into smaller pot (1.7 litres, around 0.3 gallon, plastic one) and flushed it with 5L of water, added only powerzyme (1ml per litre) and PH 6.1 water.
2. I've put a plant a bit deeper , so distance between ground and leafes are a bit closer now, but plant seems more stable.
3. Cut old leaves

Now it's looking like that:
IMG_20210930_145838.jpg

Now waiting for plagron coco A+B + power roots + biobizz Coco-mix to try over for better control of nutes and ph, if this one little girl still not gonna it.

It is really, really hard to tell what deficiency or exceed (toxicity) is going on based on my symptoms cause both times they did not come alone, always multiple of them.

Would appreciate any advices or comments, guys, and wish you a nice day!
p.s. Sorry for my english, I'm in a process of learning it :)

mustang_14282

mustang_14282

looks like it's way too wet soil in many pictures. it also looks like way too hot (28c) and too humid in another picture (98%) also cut out the nutes this young and the soil looks like it needs better drainage. add more perlite.

Kapal

Kapal

Hi Abell,
While was flushing I saw that roots are no more than 2-3 inches inside ground
don`t take Plagron Batmix for small seedlings...is a little too strong from the beginning...
But when I choose option of Red(650nm) + Blue(450nm) + White (3500K) I've got results 445 PPFD and 28.8 DLI which is "good". Not sure which one is correct so getting me messed up totally with that spectrum things.
"If "one of the two measurements is correct, this one.
100 watt LED with Sumsung LM301H diodes
Name of the LED and size of your tent ?

Just an Advice:
If you will start with coco, ask from the beginning for support.
A lot of experienced coco growers are at the Farm.
Good Luck

TSD

TSD

Sounds like you're making it a lot harder than it needs to be if you're just starting out. Plants that small in soil don't need added nutrients until they are much bigger and start to veg out with a bunch of leaves. Your soil may be too hot from the get go if you've amended it with a bunch of stuff. Mine stay in small pots with just plain seed starter, which is mostly peat and or coco and a bit of dirt.... they don't get nutes till they get transplanted into the next size pot. Plants that small also don't need that much water because they are too small to use it. You're over mothering them, let them tell you what they need. I only ever check the ph of my water occasionallyto make sure it'snot gone wonky, I have a well, I don't do runoff and all that, but that's just me. If they look hungry, I feed them more, otherwise they get fed weekly. Watered as needed by testing the weight of the pot and letting it almost fully dry in between watering. Just gotta learn as you go, don't overthink, just observe the plant and give it what it is asking for. Good luck!

D

Dugplug

Hello guys, new member of your community here from EU, asking for your wisdom :)

Process: I've got tried 2x times auto feminized seeds (different strains), both times they died in veg stage sadly.
First one died because of overwatering (bad try to use cheap drip-from-a-bottle system with soil, it was constantly warm) and propably nutrient lockout problems).
Second one is dying right now.

Soil, nutrients: Some mix soil which was saved from first failed growth attempt - flashed out batmix allmix (ph 6.4-7.8), some new soil with ph 4.5-5.5 (with NPK 500/500/650), vermiculit, some urea non-liquid nutrient (NPK 46-0-0). Goal was to finally always see 6.1-6.2 ph water coming in runout (first attempt was always about 7~ runout, even if I fed 5.0 PH water to stabilize that).
Goal to save PH was reached, runout from water 6.1 ph was about 6.2 ph which I thought was ok.
Seed was germinated with small peat pallet, so I just installed that pallet with seedling into the soil (5litres ~ 1.3 gallon smart pot) and didnt add any nutrients for like 7-8 days, only clean water.
Then I started to see some yellowing and by reading symptoms suggested it needs a bit more nutrients.
Added some vega nutrient (NPK 3-1-4, 1ml per litre, fed about 1 litre totally).
This was one of the reasons I've got some problems in my case I guess.

Light: 100 watt LED with Sumsung LM301H diodes, 2.7 umol/j, about 2 feet above canopy, at 25% (seedling), to 50% (veg). Schedule is 18/6.
Using PPFD software on android and UT383BT sensor I'm seeing about 17k lux. With my LED from 450 to 750 nm with spikes on blue and red
WIth my light at 50% at 2 feet hight If I choose software options of pattern Red(650nm) + Blue(450nm), software shows for 18/6 schedule PPFD is 1536 umol/m2sec, and DLI is 99.5 mol/m2day which is very high.
Photos of spectrum from LED Manual:
View attachment 1174007View attachment 1174008

Temp, Humidity: RH was around 75-80 on seedling stage, veg usually 55-65 range. Temp 22C (night) - 25-28C day.

Some timestamps and photos:
Day 7
View attachment 1174009

Day 9
View attachment 1174010

Day 11
View attachment 1174012

Day 15
View attachment 1174013

Day 23
View attachment 1174015

At this moment I was scared, so I've decided to do some flushing and plant it into smaller pot to speed recovery (better control over nuts I guess).
While was flushing I saw that roots are no more than 2-3 inches inside ground, and there are very small amount of them, so 90% of big pot was empty all this time.
So, tried to fix problem this ways:
1. I've put some soil into smaller pot (1.7 litres, around 0.3 gallon, plastic one) and flushed it with 5L of water, added only powerzyme (1ml per litre) and PH 6.1 water.
2. I've put a plant a bit deeper , so distance between ground and leafes are a bit closer now, but plant seems more stable.
3. Cut old leaves

Now it's looking like that:
View attachment 1174016

Now waiting for plagron coco A+B + power roots + biobizz Coco-mix to try over for better control of nutes and ph, if this one little girl still not gonna it.

It is really, really hard to tell what deficiency or exceed (toxicity) is going on based on my symptoms cause both times they did not come alone, always multiple of them.

Would appreciate any advices or comments, guys, and wish you a nice day!
p.s. Sorry for my english, I'm in a process of learning it :)
That's nute burn you have to flush your plant or it will continue

Blastfact

Blastfact

Stop with the autos and stay with photos until you learn some things. Your still way over watering. If this is a fortified true soil mix they need no ferts for 3 weeks or so and when ferts are needed start at 1/4 dose and work your way up. If this is a true soil grow forget about measuring run off for ph or tds thats a coco move. PH your water to between 6.2-6.5 and water sparingly the first 3 weeks. You should have no run off with these young plants your drowning them! And there is no way you are getting those kind of numbers with a 100 watt light. Your phone app is lying to you like a $2 whore. Heres a few pics of a current grow of mine. Seeds popped and planted in solo cups with holes in the bottom prefitted to there permanent pots so transplant is effortless. Soil is a 50/50 mix of ocean forrest and #8. Water ph is 6.3 and only water with a 2 oz. syringe under a HLG 100 V2 at 24". Water 1 oz. every other day for one week and 2 oz. every other day for 2nd. week. Transplanted at 14 days/two weeks and get a pint twice a week. I did run the lights 24/7 for two weeks because I wanted to push them hard and get them transplanted. Didn't use domes just kept my tent at 80f and 80% humidity with a humdifier, 6" circ fan and tent exhaust fan on basic controls.

Day one seedlings, Solo cups buried in pots 1/4" under soil surface.
Day1 seedlings

7 days/ 1 week old.
1 week old

14 days/two weeks old, transplant day.
Transplant

Later on transplant day. No shock, no issues and checking lighting with a proper meter.
Ppfd

Leaves were curled up and saw toothing because of the 24/7 lighting and the 350+ ppfd I was throwing at them. The day of transplant they went on 18/6. This week they will go under a dual HLG 350R lighting setup and I'm going to veg the crap out of these plants. I want Alaskan Thunder Fuck Trees this grow. Good Luck!

D

Dugplug

Stop with the autos and stay with photos until you learn some things. Your still way over watering. If this is a fortified true soil mix they need no ferts for 3 weeks or so and when ferts are needed start at 1/4 dose and work your way up. If this is a true soil grow forget about measuring run off for ph or tds thats a coco move. PH your water to between 6.2-6.5 and water sparingly the first 3 weeks. You should have no run off with these young plants your drowning them! And there is no way you are getting those kind of numbers with a 100 watt light. Your phone app is lying to you like a $2 whore. Heres a few pics of a current grow of mine. Seeds popped and planted in solo cups with holes in the bottom prefitted to there permanent pots so transplant is effortless. Soil is a 50/50 mix of ocean forrest and #8. Water ph is 6.3 and only water with a 2 oz. syringe under a HLG 100 V2 at 24". Water 1 oz. every other day for one week and 2 oz. every other day for 2nd. week. Transplanted at 14 days/two weeks and get a pint twice a week. I did run the lights 24/7 for two weeks because I wanted to push them hard and get them transplanted. Didn't use domes just kept my tent at 80f and 80% humidity with a humdifier, 6" circ fan and tent exhaust fan on basic controls.

Day one seedlings, Solo cups buried in pots 1/4" under soil surface.
View attachment 1243077

7 days/ 1 week old.
View attachment 1243078

14 days/two weeks old, transplant day.
View attachment 1243079

Later on transplant day. No shock, no issues and checking lighting with a proper meter.
View attachment 1243080

Leaves were curled up and saw toothing because of the 24/7 lighting and the 350+ ppfd I was throwing at them. The day of transplant they went on 18/6. This week they will go under a dual HLG 350R lighting setup and I'm going to veg the crap out of these plants. I want Alaskan Thunder Fuck Trees this grow. Good Luck!
My plants always look like the one on the left in second week of growth but they are always autos. Then they all get fimmed twice one in second then one in the third week by the time my plants come back they go into flower by fourth week.then it's 8 to 10 weeks after that slow and steady wins the race. Tommorow will be beginning of week 8 flower for Bruce banner autos and 6 weeks in flower for northern lights Bud city can't wait they are spreading out and laying down from weight I'll check them at the end of week 8 they were just starting to turn amber give them 1 week then it's cutting time .

Top Bottom