Trying to figure out what LED to buy, could use some help.

• Thread starter marski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marski420

marski420

Hello all I've been looking at getting a 4x4 up and running again and want to get a quantum board setup. HLG is far too rich for my blood but I've been told a couple sellers from alibaba sell a quality product for a fair price. My question is are the alibaba versions as good as HLG (Sellers Kingbrite and Meijiu specifically) and do you guys think an HLG 550 V2 would be sufficient enough in a 4x4 to replace a 1000W HPS?

Also if there are any suggestions for other reasonably priced LEDs that are proven to work well feel free to bring those up as well, thank you.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

I like Viparspectras myself. I have two #00w lights for my setup, considering getting one more. The price is unbeatable, and i am satisfied with the results. Im not too experienced myself, but wouldnt mind putting down money on a Vipar. the r300 is red light, the v300 is more bluish tint

rickysimples

rickysimples

Hello all I've been looking at getting a 4x4 up and running again and want to get a quantum board setup. HLG is far too rich for my blood but I've been told a couple sellers from alibaba sell a quality product for a fair price. My question is are the alibaba versions as good as HLG (Sellers Kingbrite and Meijiu specifically) and do you guys think an HLG 550 V2 would be sufficient enough in a 4x4 to replace a 1000W HPS?

Also if there are any suggestions for other reasonably priced LEDs that are proven to work well feel free to bring those up as well, thank you.

Yo dude, have you looked at using Samsung Strips? Samnsung LM561C or LM301B strips are where it's at for DIY projects. No soldering needed. Just a screwdriver and cordless drill.

Ebay - 2700K Samsung LM561C (x2) you'll want 8 of these strips total.
Digikey HLG-240H-1750A Drivers (x2) you'll want 2 of these.
Thermal Tape - you'll need a roll of this.
You'll need like 15ft of 18AWG wire
Angled Aluminum You'll need angled aluminum to construct your frame, and pack of self tapping screws to keep it together.

Viola, you now have a 550+ watt LED light that's pretty much on par with what HLG's do, and you did it for a fraction of the cost and feel good about it since you did it yourself.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If your looking at the 550 I would suggest looking at the 600 more powerful and cheaper. The reason for this is the 550 is safety certified and that costs money, the 600 is not.

B

Burned Haze

I own hlg ( QB), spydrx plus and Timber led’s (Cob’s) all lights I own 4-6 lights

I must say my favorite light for durability reasons , cost factor and power and company support = I love timber led’s

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
i was considering HLG550 and MarsHydro SP250. For the price point, i tried 2 pcs SP250 in my 4x4 tent. It worked well so far.
Hi 420baby, thanks for your support, now we are coming to this new community, welcome to Mars!

O

old mcdonald

i am using a 2000w bestva led. i have a 5x5 so far so good. it was pretty cheap as well. under 300$ i believe. for the record though i am a rookie

basscaptain

basscaptain

look around here... Maybe Everything you want... Maybe Not... This is there new One...

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

look around here... Maybe Everything you want... Maybe Not... This is there new One...
Nice find..hadn't seen that one..I have the 301B w/ Cree far red version x2 and think they are great. Workmanship all top notch and easy transaction..6 days to western USA and extremely reasonable imo. I also run a few HLG QBs and these are just as nice..pre-assembled and you just mount and connect the driver..Done.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Nice find..hadn't seen that one..I have the 301B w/ Cree far red version x2 and think they are great. Workmanship all top notch and easy transaction..6 days to western USA and extremely reasonable imo. I also run a few HLG QBs and these are just as nice..pre-assembled and you just mount and connect the driver..Done.
it hit the day after I got the 1st 2.. I called and they had shipped all ready, it was like 16 hrs. So I got a set of these also.. The web site says 15 day led time now Vicy /she said 12 days led time mine will be done next week... TY Buzz for the 1st link.....

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

it hit the day after I got the 1st 2.. I called and they had shipped all ready, it was like 16 hrs. So I got a set of these also.. The web site says 15 day led time now Vicy /she said 12 days led time mine will be done next week... TY Buzz for the 1st link.....
Hahahah..I think I will get one too..I was thinking of upgrading my 2x4 lights..you just gave me the excuse..LMAO

basscaptain

basscaptain

led time should be about 5 days cause you know they didn't set up to run just my order.... I ordered on the 3rd

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I was thinking the same thing..... as far as for a 2x2/2x4 tent
I usually over power and then dim down..I will store my 2x QB132's and keep the existing Atrium 3000k lights (x2..each is 9" sq for their 288)) .....one on each end of the Kingbrite..still gonna sleep on it..That's seed fetish money..LOL

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

led time should be about 5 days cause you know they didn't set up to run just my order.... I ordered on the 3rd
They always seemed like straight up vendors..I bet they already built up some stock in advance..The time would be for assembly (I loved their assembly on mine)

Latest posts

Top Bottom