Trying to guess what this is...

• Thread starter Titleist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Titleist

Wanted to round out some backup nutrients and currently am focusing on Nitrogen sources for those strains that need a higher ratio than what I'm getting with current nutrient lineup without resorting to changing the feeding regimen around just to do it.

To that end, there are a few nutes out there specifically for N, and one I had looked at was NPK's RAW Nitrogen. A quick glance at the bag advises "derived" from Ammonium Sulfate. The ratio listed on RAW's product is exactly the same as generic Ammonium Sulfate. I do notice that NPK advises using an extremely small amount per gallon, like a 16th to an 8th of a teaspoon per gallon but they don't specify what the strength of that mixture is. Similarly, when reviewing AS from most producers out there they're typically advising tablespoons per gallon although not for cannabis.

Anyone ever compared NPK's nitrogen product to a similar Ammonium Sulfate product? Even with the best sales you can find out there, RAW will never get as cheap as just buying Ammonium Sulfate in bulk. I notice there's no mention of sulfur or sulfates on NPK's website and they don't answer chats so I thought someone out here has gone through this route and just went with Ammonium Sulfate instead.

I do have a large bag of Jacks 15-0-0 but I'm not looking to supplement calcium in order to get the nitrogen plus at the moment I have no way to contain it from the atmosphere long term.

Is RAW Nitrogen just ammonium sulfate or is it supposed to have something else in it?

M

MasterCookie

Wanted to round out some backup nutrients and currently am focusing on Nitrogen sources for those strains that need a higher ratio than what I'm getting with current nutrient lineup without resorting to changing the feeding regimen around just to do it.

To that end, there are a few nutes out there specifically for N, and one I had looked at was NPK's RAW Nitrogen. A quick glance at the bag advises "derived" from Ammonium Sulfate. The ratio listed on RAW's product is exactly the same as generic Ammonium Sulfate. I do notice that NPK advises using an extremely small amount per gallon, like a 16th to an 8th of a teaspoon per gallon but they don't specify what the strength of that mixture is. Similarly, when reviewing AS from most producers out there they're typically advising tablespoons per gallon although not for cannabis.

Anyone ever compared NPK's nitrogen product to a similar Ammonium Sulfate product? Even with the best sales you can find out there, RAW will never get as cheap as just buying Ammonium Sulfate in bulk. I notice there's no mention of sulfur or sulfates on NPK's website and they don't answer chats so I thought someone out here has gone through this route and just went with Ammonium Sulfate instead.

I do have a large bag of Jacks 15-0-0 but I'm not looking to supplement calcium in order to get the nitrogen plus at the moment I have no way to contain it from the atmosphere long term.

Is RAW Nitrogen just ammonium sulfate or is it supposed to have something else in it?
Hi I got no experience in that brand. But I just wanted to ask why you chose to us Ammonium as a nitrogen source and not a nitrate derived nitrogen.

T

Titleist

Speed of uptake, doesn't need to be broken down like nitrate based sources.

No matter, I was curious is anyone had some time spent with RAW's stuff to see if there's anything else beneficial in it vs just picking up some AS. I'm just getting some more AS, there can't be enough of anything in the RAW stuff to make it worth the cash over straight AS, and RAW doesn't tell you anything about ingredients like everyone else.

H

hawkman

generally cal-mag is the answer -- sorry RAW is one nutrient line I have no exoerience with

M

MasterCookie

Speed of uptake, doesn't need to be broken down like nitrate based sources.

No matter, I was curious is anyone had some time spent with RAW's stuff to see if there's anything else beneficial in it vs just picking up some AS. I'm just getting some more AS, there can't be enough of anything in the RAW stuff to make it worth the cash over straight AS, and RAW doesn't tell you anything about ingredients like everyone else.
Ammonia or Ammonium type of nitrogen isn't the most stable to be used in a coco grow. Ammonia is the main RAW material for microbial growth whether good or bad. And if used in a conventional coco grow without established microbial diversity that can uptake the excess.. you can get lots of fungal problems especially root rots. Ammonia quickly causes soil acidification with can lead to nutrients lock out of magnesium potassium and calcium. However if you are using the Ammonium sulfate for a sulfur boost. Then the little Ammonium will make the sulfate very plant available. You just can't use too much that you're total N comes mostly from Ammonium.

Latest posts

Top Bottom