Trying to make my life a tad easier...

• Thread starter Ec2003
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NairnM16

NairnM16

Yeah your blessed with a very good water supply.

I can't see the hardness but if anything g you may need to add a touch if your in hydro or coco and finding your PH is raising a bit to fast.

Ideally a 0.2 increase per day is a good place to be stability wise.
I’m doing a hydro run, when I’m coco I would notice my ph rise faster than intended I would normally have to ph down every second day
Starting ph 5.8 nd that rises to 6.2/6,4 by day 2 I let it slip tho as it’s good for cal mag uptake
Plants are always a good green

NairnM16

NairnM16

Yeah your blessed with a very good water supply.

I can't see the hardness but if anything g you may need to add a touch if your in hydro or coco and finding your PH is raising a bit to fast.

Ideally a 0.2 increase per day is a good place to be stability wise.
Since I’m saving money on the Ro unit should I invest in the perfect ph technology add that into my system

Ec2003

Ec2003

Thanks for that @Aqua Man I appreciate it. I stopped into a fish supply store last night because a water chiller I ordered didn't show. While I was there picking one up we got to talking about the issues with the alkalinity. Not sure if this would be accurate so I'm checking here before trying but he sold me the stuff in the Pic. He said it's generally for aquariums but should help with my issues using ro water and should help establish a good buffer zone. I know I've read in threads across the inter webs that some people have used aquarium supplies but wasnt sure if this would be cool for plants. He said he pushes it for people starting aquarium plants and coral so I assume it's very similar regardless. It was cheap so if it's not a good idea I'm not worried about it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for that @Aqua Man I appreciate it. I stopped into a fish supply store last night because a water chiller I ordered didn't show. While I was there picking one up we got to talking about the issues with the alkalinity. Not sure if this would be accurate so I'm checking here before trying but he sold me the stuff in the Pic. He said it's generally for aquariums but should help with my issues using ro water and should help establish a good buffer zone. I know I've read in threads across the inter webs that some people have used aquarium supplies but wasnt sure if this would be cool for plants. He said he pushes it for people starting aquarium plants and coral so I assume it's very similar regardless. It was cheap so if it's not a good idea I'm not worried about it.
Can you look on the back and give me the ingredient list?

If it's citric acid for ph down it's no good. It's will react with bicarbonate and off gas fairly quickly as co2.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Ec2003 your water needs an RO unit imo. These ones are cheap and the 4 stage with DI will give you 1-2ppm RO water.

Ec2003

Ec2003

@Aqua Man I'm using an ro system. I looked at the bottles and they don't give an ingredient list however the acid buffer does say it converts to co2 so that's bad then. But I'm guessing I could use the alkalinity buffer which is my issue anyway and regular ph down to offset? The ph up brings it up but doesn't hold due to what I read in that article stating that ph up dissipates quickly and isn't a good buffer unless you have stable water to begin with.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man I'm using an ro system. I looked at the bottles and they don't give an ingredient list however the acid buffer does say it converts to co2 so that's bad then. But I'm guessing I could use the alkalinity buffer which is my issue anyway and regular ph down to offset? The ph up brings it up but doesn't hold due to what I read in that article stating that ph up dissipates quickly and isn't a good buffer unless you have stable water to begin with.
It's the sources that matter. Ph up will be fine bu that ph down probably not. Use your regular ph down.

Ec2003

Ec2003

Thanks @Aqua Man I really appreciate your help and quick responses. I never worry about adjustments when the plants are in veg but I like to have healthy vegging plants before I transition to flower and this weekend is time! I'll definitely keep updates on my progress either here or maybe a grow journal to prevent unnecessary threads staying at the top.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
@Ec2003 your water needs an RO unit imo. These ones are cheap and the 4 stage with DI will give you 1-2ppm RO water.

I just bought one of these units, thanks to your recommendation. I may need a pre-filter because of sediment in our well water. There are so many to chose from, I googled ...got confused so I came here to search and low and behold wouldn't you know it Aqua Man comes through again😍😍

Top Bottom