Trying To Save A Clone Site Running Cables Other Route.

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

So I built a 27 gallon/35 site cloner. But because I have the cable running through one of the sites it bugs me that I lose a site and I believe my lid kind of floods because of that specific site and it's a fucking hassle removing my lid to clean and top off my rez. My OCD wants to run the cable through the bucket it self right under the lid to avoid all these little issues. But I'm unsure as to how to run the cable through and leak proofing that hole because the hole would have to be large enough to run the plug through.. any one got ideas on how I can do this?

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Yes.
Cut the plug off, or disconnect the other end.
Run the cable through grommets.
Then re-attach one end, or the other.

bankcee

bankcee

Cut the hole and use a Neoprene Puck to cover the hole and hold the cord.
I thought of that but I didn't wanna cut he hole and it not work and then me have ruined a good tote lol

I'm gonna cut it smaller than a 2 inch though so it's a real snug fit.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Notch the lid at the edge, and partially the edge of the bucket if needed. Cutting a hole in the side of the bucket leads to dripping.

bankcee

bankcee

Notch the lid at the edge, and partially the edge of the bucket if needed. Cutting a hole in the side of the bucket leads to dripping.

I don't really understand what you mean. I think I do but I'm unsure.. lol

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Cutting a slot, in the edge of the lid, the width of the cord. Allows the cable to leave the cloner, while still keeping the lid on flat. I've notched the top edge of a container, just enough to allow the cord under the lid, and had it work out ok without dripping. Rather cut a perfect notch in the lid though.

mandalaman

mandalaman

I thought of that but I didn't wanna cut he hole and it not work and then me have ruined a good tote lol

I'm gonna cut it smaller than a 2 inch though so it's a real snug fit.
Put the disc inside the bucket not outside

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If this is the same black base/yellow lid tote, I made the same cloner (see diy subforum).

bankcee

bankcee

Cutting a slot, in the edge of the lid, the width of the cord. Allows the cable to leave the cloner, while still keeping the lid on flat. I've notched the top edge of a container, just enough to allow the cord under the lid, and had it work out ok without dripping. Rather cut a perfect notch in the lid though.

yup that's what I thought. that sounds like a good idea might try this out!

hiboy

hiboy

You must have slot of free time
How about an extension cord
Hb

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

See above link to my diy.

I've mentioned it before. The footprint of this measly 36 site cloner takes up the same space as 3x of my 25 site cloners I bought from amazon.

bankcee

bankcee

anyone sell a built diy cloner before. maybe I'll sell mine and get me a klone king.

Top Bottom