TSD's Sun Loving Outdoor Grow 2023 🌞

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Just ran the brothers Grimm c-99 xx found one awesome pheno! Gonna be interesting to see how she does outdoors! Nice dense heavy buds ! Be ready
Awesome, these are brothers Grimm too, thanks to the lovely altruistic @mysticepipedon sending me an extra pack he had. I hope I can do the genetics justice! You guys are both amazing beautiful humans for sending me beans! ❤️ this little farm family. 😊 @Moshmen I'll probably run a few of your autos outdoors too... when would you say I should start those? Any time really?

TSD

TSD

Nothing to report? Are you kidding? Seeing beautiful seedlings is just as exciting as seeing a screen full of flower.....well....almost.

Looking good. You should have some very healthy plant material to work with once you transplant into their final pots. Is this part of your "indoor grow" experience?
Well... almost lol... better than seeing sad struggling seedlings, that's for sure.

E

elusiveshame

Good morning,,,,,,as I sit here watching my cat Qnight bring me in a mouse from the garage,,,,Good cat....lol......

Mycos is gold how can you afford it and nutes and everything else? I bought some once and I didn't notice any change in my plants growth or over all health... I just Amzoned to see.....nope I need a lottery win.View attachment 1336416
Get a smaller bag. I only use it on transplant, and a small $20 bag will likely last me a long time. You only need a little bit.

flowerdave

flowerdave

Still nothing exciting to report... seedlings doing seedling shit. 2 weeks old (from breaking ground) today, they got watered again Thursday, which was 5 days to dry out. Conditions in thier little tent are ok... would be better if I could get them into the closet. They'll be ready for more light soon. I'll have no choice but to evict the auto when they are ready for transplant if everyone doesn't fit. Not stunting my yearly crop for that sick, sad, tiny auto... Guess I'll start brainstorming... maybe the auto will die and I won't need to worry about it lol. Here's the ladies. 2 weeks old, cute little buggers. 😚View attachment 1342076View attachment 1342075LSD and the 2 Cinderella 99 XX are growing the fastest, Strawberry Lemonade and Mimosa X Orange Punch are the smallest right now, everyone else is somewhere in the middle. Mimosa has been the runt and has some little leaf quirks. Candy Dawg is clearly a heavy Indica with those chonk leaves. Too early to pass judgment obviously, just observations. Working on strengthening those bean pole stalks, they stretched a little under the t5s... could have been closer but I kept the tall ventable clone dome on to keep the humidity up till I moved them to the tiny tent... again, stupid auto lol... why did I start that thing again?
Ladies will be ready for new accommodations before I know it, better come up with something!
View attachment 1342077
Looking Like you are off to a great start, I ran into a rough start with a no germ situation with one strain. Im about one week behind you. I will go into the garage at 1 month with the grow. That's if winter gives up the ghost.

TSD

TSD

Looking Like you are off to a great start, I ran into a rough start with a no germ situation with one strain. Im about one week behind you. I will go into the garage at 1 month with the grow. That's if winter gives up the ghost.
Last week I tried again to germ some of the Texada Time Warp I got last year from BC Bud Depot... I had a 12 pack of regs, not a single pop. Complained obviously. Sent me 12 more, tried to germ 8... no pops... saved 4, why? To piss myself off again this year when the remaining 4 also did nothing and I was reminded of my long lost $80 lol. I didn't even bother complaining again, I just put bcbuddepot in my "dead to me" list lol.

steamroller

steamroller

I had a buddy years ago [ Schoharie Gary] that grew one plant on top of a pile of chicken shit.
The buds was bigger than my arm!
You're off to great start.
As for when to pop autos, I don't need to tell you about them now but one mine started to flower at day 21.
I would start them about 2-3 weeks before they can go out? Just me maybe?

TSD

TSD

I had a buddy years ago [ Schoharie Gary] that grew one plant on top of a pile of chicken shit.
As for when to pop autos, I don't need to tell you about them now but one mine started to flower at day 21.
Yeah I don't have a ton of spare room... might just start a couple in solos that I can easily cut off to not shock them. Would be nice to have a little something to finish sooner than the rest because I'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel by summer.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Awesome, these are brothers Grimm too, thanks to the lovely altruistic @mysticepipedon sending me an extra pack he had. I hope I can do the genetics justice! You guys are both amazing beautiful humans for sending me beans! ❤️ this little farm family. 😊 @Moshmen I'll probably run a few of your autos outdoors too... when would you say I should start those? Any time really?
Yep the only good thing about em you can run em anywhere anytime ! Lol well almost anywhere

flowerdave

flowerdave

Last week I tried again to germ some of the Texada Time Warp I got last year from BC Bud Depot... I had a 12 pack of regs, not a single pop. Complained obviously. Sent me 12 more, tried to germ 8... no pops... saved 4, why? To piss myself off again this year when the remaining 4 also did nothing and I was reminded of my long lost $80 lol. I didn't even bother complaining again, I just put bcbuddepot in my "dead to me" list lol.
North Atlantic gave me a store credit for the 2 that didn't pop. Was hoping for a full replacement. They instructed me to soak them until the root was 1 inch long. Ha I've never done that. Also I didn't have the heart to tell them my profession was germinating 12 million seeds a year for a large greenhouse for 30 years. Many were plants a lot harder to start than cannabis.

TSD

TSD

North Atlantic gave me a store credit for the 2 that didn't pop. Was hoping for a full replacement. They instructed me to soak them until the root was 1 inch long. Ha I've never done that. Also I didn't have the heart to tell them my profession was germinating 12 million seeds a year for a large greenhouse for 30 years. Many were plants a lot harder to start than cannabis.
I always do the soak method, but not till an inch long, just to pop a tiny tail. You shouldn't have to coax a good weed seed to live that much lol.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Good to hear!

I had to get Jobe’s 4-4-4 and it’s basically chicken shit. God it smells though!

ninjadip

ninjadip

Hello fellow farmers, March is upon us and spring is knocking! That means it's time to prepare for this year's outdoor grow. 🌞

The makeshift nursery is set up in my grow area. Fluorescent shop light hung under my vanity MacGyver style. Tray with tall dome. Environment is pretty well controlled barring crazy weather outside, like sub zero temps. This is the same room my Auto is growing in, she's in the closet. View attachment 1336147

Will be using 4.5 inch nursery pots to start since I'm short on space currently, and because10 fit perfectly in a tray. Last year I started right in the one gallons and it worked well for me, so I'll need to remember how to water tiny pots, maybe I'll weigh them. I will be using the dirt my male was in for his month of life before he got ended, which was FFOF that was fed once, I think, I'll have to check my other diary to see if I fed before or after he dropped balls. Made a little divet with mostly plain peat for the seeds to start in, just in case the soil is a little hot. Pots currently absorbing water in the tray since the soil was bone dry.

The seeds all got dropped to soak this morning, in a 1 to 1.5 mixture of hydrogen peroxide and distilled water. I may change the water for plain water either tonight or tomorrow morning after the peroxide does its thing.

The following is a description of the strains I *HOPE* to grow and how the seeds looked, not that that says much, but sometimes it does lol. All are feminized as far as I know, I don't have space to start and kill regs.

1: AYAHUASCA PURPLE from Barney's Farm.
100% Indica/21%THC/1.5%CBD
Flowers in 60-70 days
Estimated yield >20 oz
Height >4 feet
Claims to be pest and disease resistant.
• Seed is medium sized, medium brown in color, no stripes, looks like a healthy seed.

2: CANDY DAWG from Seedstockers.
Indica dominant, no other info. (freebie)
• Seed is large, medium brown with dark brown stripes, looks like a healthy seed.

3: CINDERELLA XX from Brothers Grimm. (Shout-out to @mysticepipedon for the hookup on this strain, thanks again! I hope to do it justice!)
Hoping to start two of these and give one to my Dad, don't think he has the ambition to start is own anymore.
Sativa dominant
Estimated yield up to a pound.
Good for scrog.
• Seeds are both plump, medium brown with dark brown stripes, how a quality seed should look!

4: GRANDMOMMY PURPLE from Herbie's Seeds.
80% Indica/20% Sativa/ 30%+ THC🤯 Yield >19oz/ Height 5ft
Flowers for 60-70 days.
• Seed is small, long and skinny. Light brown, no stripes. Looks like a mediocre/slightly immature seed.

5: LSD from Barney's Farm.
70% Indica/30% Sativa/ 25%THC 1%CBD. Yield >20oz/ Height 4ft. Flowers for 60-70 days. Claims to be pest resistant, hardy, and good for scrogging.
• Seed is large and plump, uniformly medium brown, no stripes, looks like a good seed.

6: MIMOSA X ORANGE PUNCH from Barney's Farm
65% Indica/ 35% Sativa/26-30% THC/ 1% CBD
Yield up to 3 pounds 🤯
Height 6 feet, will scrog. Flowers for 60-65 days.
• Seed is small and dark brown, no stripes. Looks like an OK seed.

7: SHAMAN from Dutch Passion.
75% Sativa/ 25% Indica/ 14% THC
Yield >14oz/ Height <5 feet.
Flowers for 60-70 days (I say fat chance on that)
• Seed is long and plump, light brown with dark brown stripes on half, looks like a healthy seed.

8: STRAWBERRY LEMONADE from Barney's Farm.
60% Sativa/40% Indica
24%THC/1% CBD
Yield claims up to 5 pounds! 🤯
Will definitely be scrogging this one.
Flowers for 10 weeks.
• Seed is medium sized, medium brown, no stripes, looks like an OK seed, slightly misshapen.

9: ZOOKIES, which is a cross a friend made. Hybrid, Indica dominant maybe? I dunno it had leaves that were somehow skinny and fat... so let's say hybrid lol. Starting this one for my dad too.
• Seed is plump and dark brown with black stripes, a healthy seed.

Well that's where I'm at, the waiting game to see who has the will to live. Will update as I see signs of life.
Love this seed breakdown!!! I love attention to detail, this is a great format for all imo. You are giving us great detail about the seed stock from various breeders. Thank you

TSD

TSD

The babies were 3 weeks yesterday. I evicted the auto to the corner and moved the babies into the closet this morning. I see root tips poking out the drainage holes on most and the leaves are to the sides of the pot on most as well, so they are ready for transplant. I just watered them yesterday, so when they are almost ready for a drink, I will transplant them. They are ready for some food as well, the cotyledons just started yellowing. I'm transplanting them into 1 gallons with fresh happy frog, so I'm not adding anything to the tiny pots, they'll have fresh dirt to feed on in a few days. Everyone is growing at thier own pace, time to start watering them indiviually, think Candy Dawg was a little moist still, she looks sad... but I have been moving them all morning. Grandmommy Purple is getting quite tall and lanky, I'm questioning whether she may actually be a granddaddy... but too soon to tell of course. Everyone looks healthy so far.
20230326 111611
20230326 111622

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The babies were 3 weeks yesterday. I evicted the auto to the corner and moved the babies into the closet this morning. I see root tips poking out the drainage holes on most and the leaves are to the sides of the pot on most as well, so they are ready for transplant. I just watered them yesterday, so when they are almost ready for a drink, I will transplant them. They are ready for some food as well, the cotyledons just started yellowing. I'm transplanting them into 1 gallons with fresh happy frog, so I'm not adding anything to the tiny pots, they'll have fresh dirt to feed on in a few days. Everyone is growing at thier own pace, time to start watering them indiviually, think Candy Dawg was a little moist still, she looks sad... but I have been moving them all morning. Grandmommy Purple is getting quite tall and lanky, I'm questioning whether she may actually be a granddaddy... but too soon to tell of course. Everyone looks healthy so far. View attachment 1344620View attachment 1344621
Hey looks good, were you this far along last year at this time?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I think I started mid March on some, then a few more a couple weeks later, then one very late? I'll probably run out of room before they can go out lol. I didn't top last year, think I will this year.
I saw last years crop of yours, you may be better off with them shorter and easier to maintain......unless big & tall is what you're going for I think topping a good idea, the extra 2 - 3 weeks growing early this year could mean 2-3 ft at the end...

TSD

TSD

I agree cut them fuckers - there gonna be monsters
Yeah I think I will, I plan to do a scrog again on as many as I can fit a scrog for. This year I won't leave for a week before they're at thier final spots in the scrog and I want to make it a little lower too. I was content with the size for my scrogged ones as far as maintenance, compared to the previous year when I needed a ladder to see the tops and shit got ahead of me.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sounds like you got your way with hubby. Without threatening him?

Reactions: TSD
Top Bottom