Turkey roasting bags to control odor?

• Thread starter bass ackwards
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

If you are transporting do not use trash bags. Do not use turkey bags. Do not try to jimmy rig them with baking soda and duct tape. It doesn't work. Just spend the $60-$100 for a good a vac sealer. They are much cheaper than getting bailed out of jail.

Also if you want to be extra safe, wipe the outside of the vac bag w/ alcohol or ammonia to kill any smell on the outside of the bag. Sometimes people make the mistake of handling the bug when packaging it, then touching the outside of the bag, which leaves behind resin and odor. Usually not enough for a person to smell, but dogs can smell it.

O

ookiimata

Yep, contaminants outside the bag get alot of people in trouble.

Good point about that guy probably keeping the lbs in the turkey bags too long. He could have had them stored in there for a couple weeks. He's one of the pro growers over on ICmag. It's also possible the cop smelled nothing, but profiled the guy and knew he had a pretty good chance of a drug/money seizure if he made up a reason to search the car, so he just lied and said he smelled pot. I've had them lie and say they saw me throw a beer out the window, they smelled alcohol in the car, or they smelled marijuana in the car. I don't drink (nor litter) and I never had marijuana in the car any of the times that happened, so they didn't find anything and it was obvious that they had to be lying. Well, actually one time they picked some shit out of my floorboards and claimed it was seeds and stems and arrested me for a misdemeanor possession.

The way dogs work is that they smell every individual odor, not like one big odor. So if you made soup, instead of smelling "soup" like humans do, the dog would smell chicken broth, and tomatoes and potatoes and everything else on an individual level.

The best tip I've heard is to take your cat in the car with you everywhere you go, especially on deliveries. The dog will still be able to smell the marijuana, but he's going to be so focused on the smell of the cat that he will hit everywhere and the handler won't (theoretically) be able to use it as probable for a search. Now, I've never done that, so don't go to jail based on that. I just heard that from an ex-K9 officer who trained drug dogs. I imagine vacuum sealing as late as possible before you leave, making sure no contaminants are outside the bag, then throwing the cat into the car would be a fairly effective solution.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Yep, contaminants outside the bag get alot of people in trouble.

The way dogs work is that they smell every individual odor, not like one big odor. So if you made soup, instead of smelling "soup" like humans do, the dog would smell chicken broth, and tomatoes and potatoes and everything else on an individual level.

Who are you Barry Cooper? I swear you are quoting him word for word, from his videos, never get busted again. Lol.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I almost always use turkey bags, What happens when i dont is the CHP smells it before he gets to my car.. LOL Lucky he accepts my card and lets me drive off with 2zips in my front poket.
Now I will always use 2 turkey bags, or a jar for the car. Dont be stupid like me LOL

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lmao

that shit makes 0 sense

you can get a box of 25 bags that are 6.5" x 6.5" for 19 bux

but a 10" x 16" SINGLE BAG goes for 25 bux

WTF

the small box is the equivalent of of 162.5" x 162.5" sized bag

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I saw these gals at the HT show. It is basically a turkey bag that is black.
No light degradation, and hidden contents. http://grogrogadgets.com/

bag1.jpg

I picked some up. I like em. Nice gals from Cali who own the biz, too. 10.99 shipped for 5.
Bigger quantities for cheaper are on their site as well.

I have a vac sealer too, but I am not big on the compacting it does to some fluffier varieties.

-TF

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I saw these gals at the HT show. It is basically a turkey bag that is black.
No light degradation, and hidden contents. http://grogrogadgets.com/

bag1.jpg

I picked some up. I like em. Nice gals from Cali who own the biz, too. 10.99 shipped for 5.
Bigger quantities for cheaper are on their site as well.

I have a vac sealer too, but I am not big on the compacting it does to some fluffier varieties.

-TF
That's why I press the button before they compress all the way down. I forgot to press the button on one of my bags recently. I was afraid I had made a Bag-O-Kief (Kief-O-Matic?), but nothing could have been further from the truth. And that's the truth, truth!

E

ECOutlaw

Turkey bags always worked for me. Are those black ones same as regular turkey bags? If so those are a pretty sweet upgrade.

elkhunter

elkhunter

has anyone ever heard of vacuum packing / sealing not working ? the $100 foodsaver is quality enough ? to do the job comfortably ? any more pros / cons with vacuum sealing ? thx...elk..

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

I use mine to ship cuts, love it, use a bag for each day in route. DOUBLE SEAL each bag to assure a good seal.

Natural

Natural

has anyone ever heard of vacuum packing / sealing not working ? the $100 foodsaver is quality enough ? to do the job comfortably ? any more pros / cons with vacuum sealing ? thx...elk..
ya dude..the longer they are in there the more you can smell. I've vac sealed a few zips of some really loud wifi..vacuumed and sealed the night before..even being careful not to touch the outside and use gloves; the next day I could easily smell the funk through the plastic. Best advice..double seal them right before you travel.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

I'v put 30 packs into vac sealed bags and I know people that do big (100 or so) packs all sealed up with food saver bags. Cheap bags will smell. Thicker Costco ones will not. Control how compact you want the bags with the machine. Always use gloves and lots of alcohol. Spray alcohol all over the bags when after first bags sealed and rub it everywhere.. then do a second vac bag if its a long term transport. Then alcohol again. Why risk using something that isn't hermetically sealed? Best of luck.

colostoney

colostoney

one word....YESTERDAY

be real careful lil bros please enjoy your herbs

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

At the end of the season when everything is bagged in turkey bags, the room still reaks! This is a storage room, that had no part in harvesting or growing and should have no smell. In other words, turkey bags do very little to keep smell in, IMO.

elkhunter

elkhunter

can anyone post a pic or two of bags they think are the best....I know some folks think we shouldn't be talkin about trade secrets....but if you get got, it don't matter about secrets...

Top Bottom