Twelve inch Inline, way to loud!

• Thread starter cali2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tenacious

Supporter
glad it all worked out for you. i have been gardening on a budjet & i saved alot of money buyin cheap fans......now i got a 6 in & a 8 in that are too loud to use. i bought a 'speedster' & it does help. i would like to try a 'muffler'. i'm going to look around to see if anyone posted 'diy' plans.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Sure glad noise is not an issue with me, as i have a commercial 2000 cfm mushroom style exhaust fan that runs 24/7. I do use a speed control to adjust accordingly for outside temps...

M

Mountain

glad it all worked out for you. i have been gardening on a budjet & i saved alot of money buyin cheap fans......now i got a 6 in & a 8 in that are too loud to use. i bought a 'speedster' & it does help. i would like to try a 'muffler'. i'm going to look around to see if anyone posted 'diy' plans.
Once I had a 6" Vortex pulling air from my bedroom closet for the basement. The fan was less than 3' from the opening and LOUD. I did 2 two things...first I grabbed a large cardboard box and line with acoustic foam (the kind you see in recording studios) and cut holes in the top and bottom but cross corner from each other so the noise had to travel sideways across the box. This really helped but would have worked better if I put a baffle of some sort halfway up the box so the air/nois had to loop around.

Next thig I did was took a section of 8" stove pipe, lined it with regular foam, and used 2 8" to 6" reducers on the ends and placed this contraption in the top hole of the box and NO noise...except for some moving air.

C

cway

Man i have a HO Can fan with 670 cfms and that thing sounded like a jet engine at first..
Here is what I did..Encase it in a box of some sort and fill the box with foam.. Cut two hole for the duct to suck and blow and your good to go..

Top Bottom