Twisted leaves HELP

• Thread starter Kennie_B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kennie_B

I'm growing some AK47 & the leaves growing out of the buds seemed to twisting/ curling. Not length wise like heat burn but in a sprial kind of shape. Does anyone know what causes this?

H

Huge

I'm not positive this is your prob but I had some blades on some veging fan leaves do 2 full barell rolls. In my case it was nut burn, but I have seen loads of pics with contorted sugar leaves. Are they crispie?

K

Kennie_B

The leaves are sugar leaves but young ones(new growth), i just wanted to make sure its not gonna be a problem!
Oh & there is no way its nute burn I havent had to fertilize yet because there autoflowers about 3 weeks old (just started to bud). There in FFOF & I gave them there first dose of FF nutrients last night. Hope this helps. ANY input will be apprieciated!!!

D

doco

Do you have a picture??? Twisted, variegated leaves are signs of TMV also - Tobacco Mosaic Virus. Its not much of a problem really, it will not affect growth or yield if that is what it is.

G

GroHi

When my leaves actually twist horizontally, I think micro issues... for the reason that may have lead to the situation...? Peace.

B

booms

Have you checked your PH ? I think twisting is caused either by high PH levels or genetic to the strain. blueberry is notorious for twisted leaves. giving them fox farm tiger bloom which i think your using will make dramatic PH change. tiger bloom has very low ph so if you do have high ph now the tiger bloom should help. TEST your ph. if you dont have ph pen go buy cheap liquid shake up and compare test kit from petstore before its to late.....

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
What's your source of water? Lack of calcium can cause that. Or it could just be genetics like already mentioned

S

sensi addict

incase its a possible nutrient DE-ficiency,[as youve not given any nutes til now]maybe a tea spoon of epsom salts often works if something is missing-and this often causes leaves to curl,especially in a 'ramas horn'sort ov shape.hope this helps.

K

Kennie_B

I'll test the ph tonight. I have not used the Tiger bloom on the auto AK47s. I have heard that FFOF has enough in it to get me to the third week, which was last night. Im using big bloom and their green up. Oh & use water purified through a Brita. & yea it kind of looks like a rams horn shape. So no nutes were used until last night. ANY additional input will be apprieciated. & THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO CHIMED IN!

S

sensi addict

kenny,im not certain but may have your answer.im sure britta filters filter out metals etc from the water,they possibly[im not 100% on this but ur tale supports the theory] filter out minerals,including'micro'and 'macro'nutrients[nutrients the plant uses but in lesser quantitys]and as you say its taken a rams horn shape;this is often the sign of nutrient deficiency...epsom salts is cheap and if this is ur prob,a tea spoon full in 5litres of nutes/water in the first week will serve well.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes Brita's take out all the calcium dude

Top Bottom