Twisting Sugar Leaves

• Thread starter WhiskyCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WhiskyCat

hello,
First time grower, and my first post. hEllo!

I have 4 autoflowers growing in a 2x2x1.8 meter tall grow tent
2 Royal Seeds AutoCheese
2 Royal Seeds AutoJack
Closing out Week 6
Average temp has been 74-82 Average humidity has been 44-66%.
Canna coco medium.
900w Kongo LED.
5 gallon smart pots
24/7 lighting
Adcanced Nutriens
Typical feed for the last week has been.
Bloom A-2ml
Bloom B-2ml
B-52-1ml - Last feed for this
Big Bud - 1.5ml
Bud Factor x - 1.5ml
1 Liter of RO water
PH - 6.2
PPM - 772
Watering about 4L per day. Need to measure this more precise.

I recently did a minor flush and tested run off of all 4 at average of PH - 5.8.

The issue I seems to be seeing on the indica strains is a twisting of the sugar leaves like cork screws. While my initial read online was saying PH issues or nuit issues, I am not sure what to make of this.

Do the rest of the plants or leaves look healthy? I know I over watered on my last feed as the grow medium 36 hours later is still very wet but normally it is a mild dampness rather than soaking.

Any help with what is causing the twisted leaves would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Best regards
WhiskyCat

Twisting sugar leaves
Twisting sugar leaves 2
Twisting sugar leaves 3
Twisting sugar leaves 4
W

WhiskyCat

Flush and feed right after with same feed at 5.8
Thanks Toaster, will give them a good flush tomorrow as my garden sink is going in. Then will feed at 5.8 as recommended. Why 5.8 though. Most grow advice is 6.2-6.5 but I had read in a number of books that high 5s is good too, what PH have you seen work well for you in the past?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Thanks Toaster, will give them a good flush tomorrow as my garden sink is going in. Then will feed at 5.8 as recommended. Why 5.8 though. Most grow advice is 6.2-6.5 but I had read in a number of books that high 5s is good too, what PH have you seen work well for you in the past?

In coco you want 5.8-6.0. Where did you get the info that pH should be 6.2-6.5? That's more like for coco mixed with organics but too high for coco alone. I grow in soil and don't pH.

W

WhiskyCat

Not necessarily the most reliable of places...YouTube. But reflecting on this now most were growing in soil. I will switch up my HP and bring down a bit to 6.0-5.8. Thanks again for the support.

In coco you want 5.8-6.0. Where did you get the info that pH should be 6.2-6.5? That's more like for coco mixed with organics but too high for coco alone. I grow in soil and don't pH.
th

W

WhiskyCat

What's the humidity reading in your flower space?
It does bounce a bit when outside air is brought in during ventilation.

On a 24 hour cycle it averages between 45% and 65% but usually sitting about the 50% mark, but on occasions can sit in the 30s for a number of hours which I know to be to low. Even with a good dehudifier in the tent finding it hard to control humidity swings.

Any recommendations to keep humidity more consistent?

Thanks Chemistry

chemistry

chemistry

On a 24 hour cycle it averages between 45% and 65% but usually sitting about the 50% mark, but on occasions can sit in the 30s for a number of hours which I know to be to low. Even with a good dehudifier in the tent finding it hard to control humidity swings.

Thanks Chemistry

Humidity at 50% is not bad, mine hovers around 50. Have you looked at your roots to make sure they're ok, or PH maybe.

S

Simplicio

Thanks Chemistry
Some of us like to keep our humidity high. Stay in the green to get good growth. Leaf temp is usually 5-7 F below air temp:
420-magazine-mobile129390678.jpg

damien50

damien50

Thanks Chemistry

InkBird humidity controller from Amazon for 37 USD. I'm using one in my current grow. I'm feeding 8x a day in 2 gallon pots of coco with my ph at 6.0-6.2. You could try flushing it with half strength nutes with a ph of 6.0.

Have you made any changes before the twisting?

W

WhiskyCat

I know these are not under natural light so apologies. Looks to be phosphorus deficiency. Purple stems and a few of the fan leaves are yellowing.

Plan is a heavy flush tonight with slightly more mild nutrient solution but with a bit more phosphorus nutrient like the Over Drive nutrient which is higher in that. Going to PH down to 5.8 and start there.

Looking back not sure how I have gotten this far actually. I have realised I have been feeding bloom nutrients since day way of the A & B. No veg nuits at all so quite surprised they are not worse off.

81CD79B9 075E 4E06 A3CD CD9F5E4068A9
63401A78 F16B 44B8 A024 E878D98DB164
Top Bottom