Twisting upwards after feeding

• Thread starter mortyb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mortyb

mortyb

I'm a pretty nooby grower & I started noticing my plants sometimes twist upwards after feeding. The twisting goes down after a few hours, but it does look odd. Is this normal? This is in a 1 gallon FFOF being fed RO water

Twisting upwards after feeding
Before
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You got some tip curl which is often indicative of overfeeding but you say you're feeding RO water only? Also I have a suspicion those plants are being kept wet & not drying out between feedings? I'm not sure if that would do that because I've never seen that, but that's what I see so far without more info

mortyb

mortyb

You got some tip curl which is often indicative of overfeeding but you say you're feeding RO water only? Also I have a suspicion those plants are being kept wet & not drying out between feedings? I'm not sure if that would do that because I've never seen that, but that's what I see so far without more info

I've been letting the pots get bone dry before feeding

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've been letting the pots get bone dry before feeding
Okay so eliminate that, so talk about pH and are you feeding any nutrients at all?

Also I can't tell from the picture but you're not leaving them sit in their own run off right?

mortyb

mortyb

I've been feeding it straight RO water without checking PH (I was hoping FFOF would buffer PH for me). I wasn't planning on doing any additional nutrients. Once it grew a little bit, I was going to transplant it into a 5 gallon filled with 1/3 super soil & only feed it water at that point.

I was letting it sit in it's run off since I add no nutes, but it usually soaks it up by the next day.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've been feeding it straight RO water without checking PH (I was hoping FFOF would buffer PH for me). I wasn't planning on doing any additional nutrients. Once it grew a little bit, I was going to transplant it into a 5 gallon filled with 1/3 super soil & only feed it water at that point.

I was letting it sit in it's run off since I add no nutes, but it usually soaks it up by the next day.
Okay so you got to stop letting it soak up its runoff to start, not positive but I suspect that's why it's drooping like that and it's going to cause you problems going forward in my opinion

Some people will tell you different but I highly recommend you get a cheap meter or I just got some drops delivered today (you can read about that whole Adventure in the beach house) $3.50
Screenshot 20200315 174958 Chrome

I've use Fox Farm for over 3 years and I couldn't use it without setting pH to 6.5 because my plants suffered (believe me I've tried)

They look fed now but You're going to need to start feeding them as they get older, likely by the first few weeks in bloom

Those few tips should straighten you out, good luck!

Top Bottom