Two 6" inline fans or one 8" fan with a reducer?

• Thread starter Spock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spock

Spock

Hello everyone

Are there any physics minded people that would know the answer to this? I have a larger grow area and a 6 in inline exhaust fan. I would like to increase my air flow. So currently I have a 6 inch carbon filter in the tent with 8 ft of duct to a 6-in inline fan. Continuing from the fan is about 15 ft of 6-in duct going to a duct reducer attached to a 4-inch dryer vent exhausting outside. Would I be better off replacing the 6-in fan with an 8-in fan with 8-in duct to a carbon filter in the tent and on the other side of the fan have a 6 to 8 in reducer and 15 ft of 6-in duct reduced once again to 4-in dryer vent. Or would it be better to keep my existing 6-in fan and add another 6 in booster fan right at the reducer to the 4 inch dryer vent? Basically would I be better off using a single bigger fan going from 8 in to 6 in to 4 in or using two 6 inch inline fans?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Cheers

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hello everyone

Are there any physics minded people that would know the answer to this? I have a larger grow area and a 6 in inline exhaust fan. I would like to increase my air flow. So currently I have a 6 inch carbon filter in the tent with 8 ft of duct to a 6-in inline fan. Continuing from the fan is about 15 ft of 6-in duct going to a duct reducer attached to a 4-inch dryer vent exhausting outside. Would I be better off replacing the 6-in fan with an 8-in fan with 8-in duct to a carbon filter in the tent and on the other side of the fan have a 6 to 8 in reducer and 15 ft of 6-in duct reduced once again to 4-in dryer vent. Or would it be better to keep my existing 6-in fan and add another 6 in booster fan right at the reducer to the 4 inch dryer vent? Basically would I be better off using a single bigger fan going from 8 in to 6 in to 4 in or using two 6 inch inline fans?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Cheers
If in a legal state or odor is otherwise not a concern just ditch that 6” carbon filter.

Spock

Spock

That would give me a little more airflow but I'm not sure it would increase it a whole lot. It is legal where I am so I'm not concerned about that, but I also don't want to advertise to or annoy the neighbors. More out of consideration than anything.

Top Bottom