Two Months planning, one week praying, and a little off color.

• Thread starter Newbelinginaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

As my name suggests I am a first time grower in Arizona. The pictures show my five day old over watered and heat stressed Auto Sour Diesels. Thank you all for your posted information. It helped me out a lot. I am lowering the temperature from 80 to 75 and not watering for a day to see if I can correct the color.

My California bud said just throw them on the ground and water them, you'll be fine. LOL.... its not as simple as it looks. But at least I wont go to jail for fucking it up.

Two months planning one week praying and a little off color
Two months planning one week praying and a little off color 2
Two months planning one week praying and a little off color 3
Two months planning one week praying and a little off color 4
Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

Looks fine for a 1-2 day plant. Way too small for 5 days.
It has been five days since I put the seeds into the rapid rooter. Day two above ground for all for of them. I am concerned about the one with a yellow streak and down turned leaves.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
welcome @Newbelinginaz I think your seedling looks fine. but if your environment was up there then it would grow faster. Tell us what your humidity and temp is at and the height of your light.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

welcome @Newbelinginaz I think your seedling looks fine. but if your environment was up there then it would grow faster. Tell us what your humidity and temp is at and the height of your light.
The light is a Mars Hydro TS600 led and is at 24 inch's above the plants. Temp is 76 with a humidity of 35 since I started trying to lower the tent temperature with more air flow. I had the tent stable at a temp of 80 and humidity of 60 but read that 75 was a better temp for seedlings.

My house temperature is 70 with a humidity of 26 so without much watering going on with seedlings I believe I will have to have a humidifier in the room until I start watering more. Or perhaps watering away from the seedlings at the outside edges of the cloth buckets to increase humidity.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Thanks, I have seen similar charts but this one is the best so far. Its very kind of you to share.
ur welcome, also to help you understand how much water to give it at this stage. The roots of the plant are as long as the plant is. It doesn't need much water or attention except for a good humidity and temperature

Last edited:
Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

ur welcome, also to help you understand how much water to give it at this stage. The roots of the plant are as long as the plant is. It doesn't need much water or attention except for a good humidity and temperature
Well said, the root length is a nice visual reference. I will work on my humidity over the next day.

Reactions: PK1
Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

Ok, since you folks were kind enough to say hi to the newbie I have a question. It is day eight above ground for these Auto Grow Sour Diesels and the next set of leaves are starting on schedule but the color still looks off to me. So is the yellowing and light green normal or am I traumatizing the girls into a stunted adulthood?

Light burn, nutrient burn, Sour Diesel color normal, or the colors good Newbie?

IMG 20210106 061754 2
IMG 20210106 061807 2
IMG 20210106 061801 2
IMG 20210106 061742 2
coherent

coherent

A lot of things make a difference which you don't mention... You don't say what your grow medium is or what you have fed or are feeding them. How big are your pots? How much water/how often? PH? Are you using a tent or what is the room/environment type?
I'm in AZ also and the water here is terrible and really hard in most areas and using RO water is almost a must and then checking and adjusting PH. If humidity is an issue and you are in a tent a humidifier or simply a couple of water saturated towels in the corner of a grow tent will raise humidity. They may not thrive and grow their best in lower humidity, but they are pretty hardy plants and withstand some fairly low temps and humidity and still grow on. If you are growing in soil you shouldn't be using any nutes at first. They are usually a bit lighter in color like yours when just starting and the green will darken as they grow a bit more. It would be more worrisome if they were dark green and drooping which would indicate over watering. They look fairly normal to me and in the next two weeks you should see fairly quick growth once they establish a good root system which is what is happening now.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

A lot of things make a difference which you don't mention... You don't say what your grow medium is or what you have fed or are feeding them. How big are your pots? How much water/how often? PH? Are you using a tent or what is the room/environment type?
I'm in AZ also and the water here is terrible and really hard in most areas and using RO water is almost a must and then checking and adjusting PH. If humidity is an issue and you are in a tent a humidifier or simply a couple of water saturated towels in the corner of a grow tent will raise humidity. They may not thrive and grow their best in lower humidity, but they are pretty hardy plants and withstand some fairly low temps and humidity and still grow on. If you are growing in soil you shouldn't be using any nutes at first. They are usually a bit lighter in color like yours when just starting and the green will darken as they grow a bit more. It would be more worrisome if they were dark green and drooping which would indicate over watering. They look fairly normal to me and in the next two weeks you should see fairly quick growth once they establish a good root system which is what is happening now.

Thanks, it is nice to have a desert dweller respond. Our humidity and water issues are unique. My Colorado river water TDS and PH are both high and with a coco grow I may have to look at a RO system instead of bottled water. Between the pool and the grow my jug count may fill my recycle bin.

My tent humidity and temperature is a balancing act that took some time to master. I wish I had spent more time mastering the balance before I planted the seeds. It would have saved me some worrying.

I am assuming we will see many folks from Arizona signing up on forums soon with the new laws allowing us more freedom, and a lot of used grow equipment on craigslist in a few months.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@Newbelinginaz you still have not mentioned what your soil, humidity, and temps are?
your seedling looks good and has a nice colour to it. Worry less so it can love you more!

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

@Newbelinginaz you still have not mentioned what your soil, humidity, and temps are?
your seedling looks good and has a nice colour to it. Worry less so it can love you more!
OK, sorry. The soil is a CocoCoir and Perlite blend in 5 gal. cloth pots. The humidity is 60-65 24/7 and the temp is 75-77 during lights on with a dark temp of 69 low on a 18/6 cycle. I think I may have to bump the humidity up 10 to be more in line with seedling humidity range. I let it drop to 60 when the 3rd leaf pair formed. This is way more complicated than going to the store and buying a oz.

Top Bottom