Two New Greenhouses

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Hello everybody, just thought I would start up a thread on greenhouses. Over the last year I have put 2 greenhouses on the property. Since I don't have anybody to help me, I chose to pay a crew to install the larger greenhouse. The ridge height is 17', and I didn't have any ladders or lifts at the time. This greenhouse will house my full season plants, and I already have recycled soil with cover crops going for this season. I will soon turn the cover crop in and plant a new spring cover crop. 17'H-30'W-50'L

Large greenhouse
Two new greenhouses 2

The second greenhouse I just finished 100% by myself. It was kind of a pain in the ass for some steps, like pulling the plastic over, but well worth it. This greenhouse should be much easier to heat in the winter, and I will use it as my breeding/winter crops. I did buy a blackout curtain for it, but I am having troubles figuring out how I will pull it over by myself everyday. If anybody has any pointers I am all ears. 8.5'h-12'w-50'L
Small greenhouse finished shots 2

Small greenhouse finished shots 3

I have been in the trades over half my life, and this was a very easy build as far as concept goes. If anybody needs help building or researching a greenhouse please ask. First bit of advice, buy your greenhouse from Farmtek! They are amazing with their customer service, every part I needed was in the package. They did send the wrong plastic, they sent clear plastic instead of fogged. When I called they didn't even try to say I ordered the wrong thing, and instantly refunded the old plastic and shipped out the new plastic at their cost. Can't speak highly enough for Farmtek.

On the flip side of that, Don't use Envirotech. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They didn't finish the job, left garbage all over my 4 acre property blowing around, left material and frankly didn't have a clue how to build or sell greenhouses. For example, they sold me two roll up doors, however you can only open them from the inside........dumb asses.

Hope everybody is getting the spring itch, I know I've got it big time!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Nice.whats your cover crop?is that winter RYE? those overhead doors would probably save my plants from me( keeping me from screwing em up) haha...those look killa...

Since @Seamaiden recommended 5 species, I planted winter rye, forage oats, vetch, fuba bean, and red clover. I was going to plant just winter rye, but glad Seamaiden pointed me in the right direction.

links for winter cover crop seeds that I used:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OPNFY4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ARIBR2U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and a better picture of the cover crop.
Cover Crop

I will be turning this in today or tomorrow maybe, and applying a product called rejuvenate from American Ecco Agriculture which helps break down organic matter, making humus faster. Then I will start a spring cover crop maybe 3-6 weeks after I turn in my winter cover crop.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G3E9WRO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Wow! I knew I was going to be jealous of those GH's. They're fantastic!

Thank you mucho. :) I am really looking forward to this year. I really feel like my knowledge of growing cannabis has never been better, and my infrastructure is finally catching up to what I need. Next project, installing a 2500 gal water storage tank with an inline motor for added psi.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Yeah shit I would crawl and lay on that it looks nice and soft.i knew red clovers and winter rye were good but not the rest,so thank you for the knowledge,learnt something new already today and it's only 12:20 .
I'm stoked for you bigg dogg, good vibes
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

I've been collecting old windows and doors ( glass) to build around a 16x8 green house. I'm a scavenger,I can always find something to use ,I collected wood and bricks and built a carport for my popup trailer.my wife calls me Red Sanford,but I use mine...

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

We used 1"x3" 8' long boards.
Wrapped the plastic around the board and stapled them to it.
Basically made the boards as long as the green house.
Attached 2 eye hooks on each board.
Then attached some 1/2" rope.
If you attach 2 eye hooks at the bottom of the greenhouse it will help guide the blackout plastic.
You can have all the rope tie into one so you can pull it over by yourself easily.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Thanks @Smokey530ski, but I have a question. Doesn't the friction from pulling over that tarp day in and day out cause wear and tear on the greenhouse plastic? I am worried that when pulling the ropes, they will wear a hole eventually. Am I worried about nothing, or did you get around this?

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Any details of the roll up sides on the 12'
It looks like a lever to crank the sides up? I need a couple of those.
Did that come with the kit?

Looks great, I must say I'm a little jealous of that 17' of height, sure would be nice.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@rubthe nub
The 17' high is a double edged sword. During the summer, fantastic. It allows more air flow, cooler temps (have a ridge vent also) and more room for tall monsters. The down side is during the winter it's impossible to heat without spending a fortune. I think winter runs will be isolated to the smaller greenhouse for this reason.

I will get you the PDF on the roll up sides, but the URL is in my truck. I am headed back down after I eat and I will post it up soon for you. Super easy to install, a must for every greenhouse IMO.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@rubthe nub I couldn't find the exact info that they sent me with the greenhouse, however this is very close to what you need.
https://www.farmtek.com/wcsstore/EngineeringServices/allbizunits/techdocs/PB01680R4C_1690R4C.pdf

The anti-billow rope is part of the install.

This was all part of a kit, and Farmtek customer service is top notch. They will walk you through the process if you don't understand part of it.

Here is a video also,

The roll up kit I have is a little different, but it's actually easier than the ones I posted.

If you want or need more help just ask, I will write up exactly how to install it step by step if needed.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Nice clean setup bulldog! Looks like you do know what your doing!My only question is why is there no pot in there lol

Thanks brother! I had some plants but they were in flower, so I killed them because of my plant numbers. Here in cali you can have 6 mature or 12 plants total, per scrpit. So having the couple flowering plants meant I had to cut my overall numbers in half. Plus, I wanted to get my soil dialed in with my cover crops, soil tests and amending the soil before any plants hit the dirt. I find the most important part of growing large plants is the soil, so I spend the most time and money getting the soil ready.

Soon to come, a grip of Bodhi and Loompa gear. Really looking forward to Bodhi's SunShineDayDream and NL#5 sativa dom. Also Loompa's black yeti and yeti f3 will be making an appearance as well.

Trying for 8lb average or higher in the large beds.

Last edited:
sox

sox

super awesome Gh's bro!
tie the corners of the dep paper to loooong sticks on each end and use those to pull over each side.
ill try and find a link to a video i seen of someone doing it just like we do.
Blessings!

~Sox

Top Bottom