Two New Greenhouses

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sox

sox

for sure, i noticed that once i watched the video again...ive done it this way with a 12x36 for years and years...but those are only 7-8ft tall.

if your GH is big enough, run multiple hoop houses inside of it. super easy to dep

love & light,
~Sox

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

This year I am popping seeds from Bodhi and Loompa. From Loompa I will be popping some Yeti f3 and Black Yeti. From Bodhi I will be popping Ancient Og, SunShineDayDream, Clusterfunk, SSH x appy, and some NL crosses. Clone only I have gg#4, GSC, SSH, OG twist, trainwreck, og mango, sunrise sherbet. Not sure what will make the cut or not, but that is what I have access to.

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

bulldog 11 is that og x mango haze? can you tell me about the og mango? also your beds I noticed them on IC made out of geo textile material right do you have a pic I cant seem to find it on IC.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@ChalkyWhite I am a little confused.

First question, pm me.

As for my beds, last season they were all smart pots. 2 - 400gal pots, and 10 - 200gal. This year I scrapped the 200 gals and only kept the two 400 gals. The rest are in beds now, see the first post in the thread. I am hoping the beds will retain water much better during the summer.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Thanks brother! I had some plants but they were in flower, so I killed them because of my plant numbers. Here in cali you can have 6 mature or 12 plants total, per scrpit. So having the couple flowering plants meant I had to cut my overall numbers in half. Plus, I wanted to get my soil dialed in with my cover crops, soil tests and amending the soil before any plants hit the dirt. I find the most important part of growing large plants is the soil, so I spend the most time and money getting the soil ready.

Soon to come, a grip of Bodhi and Loompa gear. Really looking forward to Bodhi's SunShineDayDream and NL#5 sativa dom. Also Loompa's black yeti and yeti f3 will be making an appearance as well.

Trying for 8lb average or higher in the large beds.
nothing wrong with that bro! Can't wait to see what's to come!

Blaze

Blaze

Very nice greenhouses, I especially like the larger one. We will be looking to upgrade from our hoop houses to something like that next year I think. I'll be curious to see how these work out for you.

Funny you mention how bad Envirotech is, I don't think anyone has ever had a good experience with those idiots. I really don't understand how they stay in business.

In fact I've got a buddy who was doing some construction work on a property where they were setting up a greenhouse just this last week. Apparently they got all the way to putting up the purlines before they realized that not only was the greenhouse not square, their measurements on the width were off by about 10 feet. They had to tear the whole greenhouse down and start over again.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

BackYardFarmer over at ICmag had to call out the fire department to his property because they didn't put out their coals from heating up their lunch.....Started a pretty big fire......They suck. Their head build guy only experience is from building tree houses for rich people in Berkeley........

Blaze

Blaze

Oh don't worry I will, I buy a lot of gear form Farm Tek, they are a great company. My little greenhouse that we transition the clones form inside to outside is a Farm Tek, and our upgrade next year will definitely be a Fark Tek greenhouse as well, I am just not sure which one yet.

Blaze

Blaze

I pull mine over at 5:30pm and then off at 10pm once it gets totally dark, and let the sunrise do the work for me in the morning. I find this to be much more preferable to keeping the greenhouse covered all night for several reasons. Plants transpire at night, so you will get a ton of humidity build up under the tarp during the night. This will cause a lot of problems, especially towards the end of flower when the buds will be more prone to bud rot and mildew. This can be counter-acted by using the breathable light dep tarps, but personally I think they are outrageously over-priced for what they are and you money is best spent with other investments on your grow. You can also run an air exchange and/or dehumidifiers to try to keep the humidity in check, but this also requires extra equipment and expense, that again, I don't think is really necessary. Plus dehumidifiers generate quite a bit of heat that will be trapped in the greenhouse, which can be very problematic when you are trying to keep your greenhouse covered during the summer when it is hot. Personally, I also find it a lot easier to be at the greenhouse twice a day 4 hours apart to cover and uncover, versus 12 hours apart.

The only reason I would do a full 12 hours of cover is if you have some sort of light pollution, in which case you HAVE to block the light out for 12 hours. I did do this on my first dep run when we first moved out to our ranch, but that was because the only level spot that I could easily run power to at the time, was only 30 feet from the house and I was worried that the light from the house would interfere with flowering. If you do go this route, I would actually recommend something more like 8am to 8pm so you are not covering the greenhouse during the heat of the day.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@Blaze I am so glad I asked. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Seems way easier to pull at 10pm than 6am, and everything you mentioned about temps, humidity, all great points.

@MrBelvedere Thanks for the video. I hope to enter the golden tarp awards this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom