Two New Greenhouses

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sox

sox

@Bulldog11
ive done 8 and 8 for years...i tried the 10pm thing one year and everything went herm on us, i think its because the time in the morning is slowly changing, so you would have to do 530 one week, then 515 the next, 500 the next week etc. Again ive only tried the 10pm thing once and it didnt work for me. Same strains in the outdoor didnt herm at all, just the depo.

have you ever had any trouble pulling off at 10pm @Blaze ?

Blaze

Blaze

Nope, not yet and I've done about a dozen strains so far over the last 3 years in that manner. I do adjust my cover time slightly as the season progresses though so they are always right at 12 hours. Where I am at though the length of day only changes by 15 minutes between when I start my dep and when it finishes though, farther north there would be a more extreme swing so I could see that causing problems.

Are you sure you didn't have any light leaks or anything like that on the hermi run? I always do two tarps as well to make sure if there is tear or a gap somewhere that the second tarp will keep me covered. I've definitely seen small light leaks, or even thin tarps cause issues so I tend to be pretty paranoid about keeping my light cycles exact.

I have quite a few friends that do the 5:30/6:00 to 10:00/10:30 cycle and as far as I know they have not had issues either.

H

happy b

Bulldog those things looks amaze-balls.huge!if i was sure id get in id travel over there to help you!all the bodhi gear your gonni run?id be there in a heart beat.im really really interested in the nl5 sat dom.they sound like a great line to breed with.dont forget me when you do your bodhi breeding.
really looking forward to see you fill those babies.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@sox & @Blaze

Well I have some farting around to do then. I need to pull my tarp and make sure it is pitch black first, blaze has me doubting my tarp now. (thank you, not complaining at all) My project today is to heat up the small greenhouse with electrical. I am only running 1, 120v circuit out to this small greenhouse, but it will allow me to run an inline fan for exhaust during my dark hours. Plus other standing fans for circulation. Gotta get this tarped, the time to start my flowering is really two weeks later than I would have liked.

@happy b

If you ever take a trip to the San Francisco bay area, your more than welcome to visit the farm. A guy with great taste in cannabis is always welcome, ;). I have lots of things planned for my Bodhi breeding this year, and I will keep you in mind for sure. The NL #5 Sativa Dom is blasting out of the gates, and is three times larger than any other strain I popped. I was thinking of throwing the largest, most vigorous NL #5 Sativa dom outside the greenhouses and see how big she can get. Was thinking of buying another 400 gallon smart pot, another 2 yards of soil and seeing what she can do. My only reserve is how late will she go in the year? I can normally keep plants mold free, but something that needs to be harvested in Nov might be an issue outside of the greenhouses.

H

happy b

@sox & @Blaze

Well I have some farting around to do then. I need to pull my tarp and make sure it is pitch black first, blaze has me doubting my tarp now. (thank you, not complaining at all) My project today is to heat up the small greenhouse with electrical. I am only running 1, 120v circuit out to this small greenhouse, but it will allow me to run an inline fan for exhaust during my dark hours. Plus other standing fans for circulation. Gotta get this tarped, the time to start my flowering is really two weeks later than I would have liked.

@happy b

If you ever take a trip to the San Francisco bay area, your more than welcome to visit the farm. A guy with great taste in cannabis is always welcome, ;). I have lots of things planned for my Bodhi breeding this year, and I will keep you in mind for sure. The NL #5 Sativa Dom is blasting out of the gates, and is three times larger than any other strain I popped. I was thinking of throwing the largest, most vigorous NL #5 Sativa dom outside the greenhouses and see how big she can get. Was thinking of buying another 400 gallon smart pot, another 2 yards of soil and seeing what she can do. My only reserve is how late will she go in the year? I can normally keep plants mold free, but something that needs to be harvested in Nov might be an issue outside of the greenhouses.
Hahaha a 400 gallon smart pot!i dont even use half that in a whole grow!im growing in 2 &3 gallon pots.youv no idea how jelous i am.why did i have to be born in one of the very few places on the whole entire planet wer its to cold,wet,and dim to grow weed?200miles south you can grow weed outside but not were i am.it sucks balls bigtime!
cant wait to see your outdoor run this year bulldog,i think i might be just as excited about it as you are!lol.the nl sounds excellent.and if theyr more vigorous than all the other bodhi gear then they must be MEGA vigorous.shame about the atf,s though.
i know youl crush it bulldog.peace.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My only reserve is how late will she go in the year? I can normally keep plants mold free, but something that needs to be harvested in Nov might be an issue outside of the greenhouses.
You won't have anywhere NEARLY the mold issues out here in the foothills that you did out in the Bay Area. In fact, I've been able to let my plants go a full month after what used to be the normal pull date out here--Oct 15 or thereabouts--specifically because we're no longer getting the heavy rains mid-October that used to be the norm. But, even if we did? I've never seen the mold issues that coastal growers contend with, it's just a lot drier out here and we don't get that marine layer.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Did you take pics of last summer? How'd this turn out?
STR8

Both houses did great. My large greenhouse I did 8 out of 10 in my book. Room for improvement, but very solid. The little greenhouse I depped, and got two runs out of it. Both runs could have been better, due to lack of veg time. Maybe a 6 out of 10. I will post a picture of the dep house before first harvest, and planting the second crop. The second crop was planted in late July, leaving almost zero veg time from when the picture was taken.

This year I already have my dep starts going, and I should harvest around May 23rd. That way I have a good month or two for veg for the second crop.

Farmtek 2

Little greenhouse 6 16 15
Small Greenhouse 7 26 15

breakersix

breakersix

Both houses did great. My large greenhouse I did 8 out of 10 in my book. Room for improvement, but very solid. The little greenhouse I depped, and got two runs out of it. Both runs could have been better, due to lack of veg time. Maybe a 6 out of 10. I will post a picture of the dep house before first harvest, and planting the second crop. The second crop was planted in late July, leaving almost zero veg time from when the picture was taken.

This year I already have my dep starts going, and I should harvest around May 23rd. That way I have a good month or two for veg for the second crop.

View attachment 577685

View attachment 577683 View attachment 577684

How long did you veg, and how long would you have liked to?

What size were they when you put them in their final pots?

Thanks - a lot - for sharing your knowledge here.

GL.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Hey BD nice work . Whats ur winter temps get down to there . Looking at setting up some GReen house in southern oregon . Just seeing how close temps r

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

How long did you veg, and how long would you have liked to?

What size were they when you put them in their final pots?

Thanks - a lot - for sharing your knowledge here.

GL.

I vegged for maybe two weeks after plants got to clone size. This year, I started my first round of deps on Jan 23, plan on putting those out to flower on March 23rd. So maybe a full extra month of veg. That allows me to harvest around June 1st, and replant. Natural flower here is around August 1st, so that will allow another 2 months of veg for my second crop.

The third picture I took in the last round of pics posted in this thread, that was the first day of flip. So the plants were small, and not nearly what I would have wanted.

Thanks for the kind words

Hey BD nice work . Whats ur winter temps get down to there . Looking at setting up some GReen house in southern oregon . Just seeing how close temps r

Winter the temps got into freezing temps maybe 15 days this winter. My current greenhouses are not quite up to a winter run yet. This off season I am upgrading.

breakersix

breakersix

I vegged for maybe two weeks after plants got to clone size. This year, I started my first round of deps on Jan 23, plan on putting those out to flower on March 23rd. So maybe a full extra month of veg. That allows me to harvest around June 1st, and replant. Natural flower here is around August 1st, so that will allow another 2 months of veg for my second crop.

The third picture I took in the last round of pics posted in this thread, that was the first day of flip. So the plants were small, and not nearly what I would have wanted.

Thanks for the kind words

Winter the temps got into freezing temps maybe 15 days this winter. My current greenhouses are not quite up to a winter run yet. This off season I am upgrading.

What was your spacing on those pots? Do you have any rule of thumb on 100 gallon+ sizes?

S

Strainwhore

hey bro I am a med patient here in norcal I was lookin at greenhouses and I found ur thread thank u for ur helpful advice and for steering us away from envirotech

I am looking for a good company in the central valley(im just south about 15-20 mins from sac) who installs greenhouses
I saw that u used a company who left trash all over the yard as well as equipment... was that envirotech?
who would u recommend to do greenhouse installation here?

I would have pmed u but for some reason I seem to be unable to

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
hey bro I am a med patient here in norcal I was lookin at greenhouses and I found ur thread thank u for ur helpful advice and for steering us away from envirotech

I am looking for a good company in the central valley(im just south about 15-20 mins from sac) who installs greenhouses
I saw that u used a company who left trash all over the yard as well as equipment... was that envirotech?
who would u recommend to do greenhouse installation here?

I would have pmed u but for some reason I seem to be unable to
You can find bulldog at ic mag he doesn't come around here anymore

Top Bottom