Two questions about choice

• Thread starter 7rayos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

7rayos

When pollenchucking, you consider a S1
1) Will the outcoming seeds have any fertility issues, such not being fertile, (or am i eating too much monsanto corn)?
2) Will the outcoming seeds have turn-to-hermafrodite sensibility in them? (or will a strong father level with that?)
I'd be happy with a brief answer, ask for help because my head is in full tank mode after looking for reasons to agree or disagree with that, and found neither. So please don't send me to Mendel's inferno, amigos, i can't bear it anymore.
If a reputable breeder tells me "fuck S1", i'd be grateful and won't ask anymore questions

true grit

true grit

Can I put my uninformed non-pollenchuckin s1 researching opinion in? Think it depends on the reversal process. If you have a plant that herms and you keep pollen, yeah, probably have hermie tendencies. If you use a chemical in the reversal process then you effectively fucking with the plants genetics IMO. I do run S1's that I'm sure come from CS reversals etc, but I would prefer naturally reversed pollen from stress/etc...

Think SunSim explained it best in that naturally reversed pollen will create S1 seeds with full genetic profile/potential. I will be attempting in the next year or so to start naturally stressing plants and trying to make S1's of my mothers for future seed stock. No CS will be used here.

7rayos

Thanks very much True Grit. I believe we're talking about CS reversal with these ones, despite being a well chosen parental. You answer my question quite well, and if chemically stressed fems are altering somehow the original plant' genes, then aren't worth to breed with. It's a short cut for me. I don't run fems because i've got enough problems with regulars when making seed, but if i ever do run one cut, will have to be naturally reversed, to keep clean the gene pool.
Best luck with your project, it's a good way of securing stock. That'll be an upper level for me.

M

MASSES 420KING

i believe you can breed out the hermie traits over the coarse of a few generations and also if you use an s1 as mama and a normal hardy male and reuse same male to pollinate its progeny then on that gen is when you can start to take hermie traits out its possible and to be honest 7 out of 10 of us growers in general are working with strains that have had an s1 in there genetics at some point unless your working with land races or ibl or old scholl genes

7rayos

Salut M420K. Well, i understand that there must already be some hermie traits in the lines i'm playing with, as there's some Chemdog and SMCG in the progenie.
I don't fear them hermies as long as they're old school and therefore no reversed with chemicals, but working out those traits doesn't benefit from adding more unstable genes.
The main doubt i had was if the descendants of a femmed plant will inherit the original genes or the reversed ones, and i guess TG points out that the genes with CS will be mainly screwed up and that's whats going in the inheritance.
This is a total amateur work i'm doing with a friend with several strains and the same male. The plant in question is a CS reversed one, has a nice general structure and the smoke is quite pleasant and strong, but for breeding material i'm not convinced, and needed further reasons to prove why not to my equally ignorant friend. Thanx for reading.

Top Bottom