Two Questions For Ya

• Thread starter BinkyPiler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

First question is do any of y'all use or have used a barn for a hanging/drying space? I've got a 2 story barn on the property and am thinking about possibly using the enclosed 2nd floor to hang my harvest. Folks have used barns like this to store hay/straw/feed for years. My concern being in PNW is going to be humidity issues. It's built with cedar and does have power for fans/dehumidifiers. Thoughts?

Second question is do any of y'all wash your buds? I tried to search on here about this, but could only find an old thread about "Cure" a bottle product. I'm not interested in that, but more along the h2o2 method. Thanks in advance!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
First question is do any of y'all use or have used a barn for a hanging/drying space? I've got a 2 story barn on the property and am thinking about possibly using the enclosed 2nd floor to hang my harvest. Folks have used barns like this to store hay/straw/feed for years. My concern being in PNW is going to be humidity issues. It's built with cedar and does have power for fans/dehumidifiers. Thoughts?

Second question is do any of y'all wash your buds? I tried to search on here about this, but could only find an old thread about "Cure" a bottle product. I'm not interested in that, but more along the h2o2 method. Thanks in advance!
How hot does the barn get? And im not sure why you would wash your buds. .. people dip their buds in h2o2 when they get pm but its still not really recommended for medicine.

BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

How hot does the barn get? And im not sure why you would wash your buds. .. people dip their buds in h2o2 when they get pm but its still not really recommended for medicine.

Summer temps have been cooler in the barn than outside. I've yet to setup a thermo/hygrometer to see where it's at. As far as washing buds, from what little I've found and heard it's a diluted mix of h2o2 and water. Some other things. Reason being is that is washes off the dust, dirt, bug carcasses, and whatever else has clung to the flowers.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Summer temps have been cooler in the barn than outside. I've yet to setup a thermo/hygrometer to see where it's at. As far as washing buds, from what little I've found and heard it's a diluted mix of h2o2 and water. Some other things. Reason being is that is washes off the dust, dirt, bug carcasses, and whatever else has clung to the flowers.
You dont want your drying area to get to hot. And as for washing your buds.. you can but youre still not gonna get it all off. People do it usually when they had an issue. If the buds are good then just hang them up.

BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

You dont want your drying area to get to hot. And as for washing your buds.. you can but youre still not gonna get it all off. People do it usually when they had an issue. If the buds are good then just hang them up.
Right on. Harvest time temps here are usually no hotter than 70. Rains are usually here or on the way and normally is what you harvest around. Guessing game of how is long enough, foggy, cool, weather here in pnw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom