U.S. Attorney in R.I. threatens to prosecute pot dispensaries

• Thread starter lifecycle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Randyb

I spoke to the Health Department yesterday and the compassion centers are on "hold"
Not that I care.
As long as I can grow for myself and my patients without government interference I am happy.

Oh and I asked for some clarification on plant count.
Patients are allowed 12 vegetative plants and 12 flowering plants
Caregivers are allowed 12 vegetative plants and 24 flowering plants.
As both a patient and caregiver you are allowed 12 vegetative plants and 36 flowering plants.

Thats what they tell you but if the cops decide to visit you it's at their discretion whether they kill all your plants, shoot your dog and take you out in chains. No one seems to be on the same page. If you talk to different lawyers about the rules even they have different idea's about how rules are actually interpreted.

sky high

sky high

Find the verbiage to the law. Print it. Keep it in your grow/etc.

Re RENEGADE COPS who don't know the law.....

I've been very vocal about how open/careless/in-your-face the >new< patient base is here in CO. Over the 7 years I've been a patient I've seen it go from the scenario you describe with cops blazin in, plants getting chopped, and folks goin to JAIL to a virtual CIRCUS OF CLOWNS who somehow think it was NEVER that way and that CO patients have >always< had it good and have never been hassled...AND WORSE.....THAT EVERYONE IN COLORADO IS IN FAVOR OF MMJ. Wrong.

Sadly...it may take you folks the same 7-8 YEARS it took here in CO to get the po-po on the same page as the law....

good luck

s h

LBH

LBH

I agree but write it off to the normal growing pains of implementing a program based on something the public has been lied to about for decades. Change takes time, but like in Co, it happens.

K

kolah

I can not find a contact telephone number or email address of this prick-with-ears, Attorney Peter F. Neronha. I'd like to send him a letter and/or speak with him via phone.

If anyone could help me give a holler. And I urge others to voice your concerns to this arrogant dickhead. (it would also be fun to earth-google his home address) :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom