UC 13 gal buckets or Home Depot 27 gallon Totes ...

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

For you UC people running UC's 13 gallon buckets, do you ever wish you would have gone with the black 27 gallon Tough Totes with the yellow lids that can be purchased at Home Depot?

If you do wish you would have gone with the 27 gallon black Tough Box totes with yellow lids, Why ???

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
No...I actually prefer the 8 gallon setups for quick flip action

UC Quest

UC Quest

Hmmmm ... 8 Gallon buckets ... Interesting ...

Any other opinions ?

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

I like the 8 gallon buckets as well.. Although i do have a bunch of the 15 gallon buckets that look the same as the 27 gallon ones just a little shorter same yellow honeycomb top and everything.. Ill be building a system out of them within the next 3 months..

N

NWElite89

I have been running DIY 14 gallon rubbermaid tubs and those work great for my setup. IMO the only thing you need 27 gallon tubs is if your growing trees and have room accommodations to fit. I have seen plenty of 8 gal setups produce wonders, but its all up to the user. I am limited to about 4 feet of tree height and the 14 gallon works fine for that setup, and could of gone down to a smaller tub for sure. Bigger tub=more water=more nutrient=$$$

UC Quest

UC Quest

My room is 19' x 24', so I have the room. It is my intention to be growing trees. 20 buckets with 26k of lighting flipped, so a total of 52k of lights.

One room has 7 ft ceilings and the other room has 8 ft ceilings.

I am going with 50" centres :)

Reactions: GKR
N

NWElite89

sounds like everything should fit. I think the 13 gallon UC modules would still suffice, but the 27gal will work good too. All user preference. Cant wait to see how it turns out

UC Quest

UC Quest

Sorry for originally posting this in the wrong section. Thanks for moving it :)

G

GKR

To tell you the truth I'm all about DIY setups I have experience building many 27 gal systems some with 4" pipe lol but after a while I caved and got the UC-13xxl buckets with bulkhead fittings and have not looked back. My two cents would be buy just the buckets lids and bulkheads and DIY the rest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom