UC 13XXL...and we're off to the races!!

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is what I am playing with right now at a setup...ths is a Under Current UC13XXL4 I think, to many letters..lol..anyways its the 4 site, 13 gallon buckets, on 40" plant centers.

I am hangin (4) 600w Sunmaster HPS lamps around the perimeter in the shadowed corners and a 1000w Hortilux dual arc in the center, all verticle although I may run some horzontal setups for a little the first couple weeks of flower, but then all verticle..

Got the two boxes and got everything unpacked and realized that two of the 3" cross connecting tubes were not there and it looked like the box might have been retaped, no biggy, I jumped in the car and went got what I needed to complete and change a few things. Hours later another box showed up with the two tubes that were missing in it, I am just an impatient bastard, guess I should have waited a little before runnin to the store...oh well..so all was there after all and the order was complete.

I put it all together, checked everything and filled up and as soon as the water level reached the pump, I had major leekage all over the place, turnes ou the pump housing on the circulating pump was seperated from the main body of the pump, almost like a seal wasn't in there from the factory and it is right in the front of the pump impeller housing, again, no biggy, I have stock in Mag drive so I usually have a few on the shelf to drop in whenever I need them, and you always need them, So no go Supreme and on with the big Mag Drive pump. All is golden now with the pump mod and hard pipe plumbing setup. I'll send the pump back for a new one so it is all good.

Air stone system goes together easily but I think with two stones in the res's you should step up to the AP-60 instead of the AP-40, the airflow seems a little weak when everthing is kickin. I think I am goin to swap the stones for the 5" Air Disc and run two of those in each res instead of the blue ones that come with the system.

That 3" is some beefy shit!! no easier to muscle into place on assembly though, damn, I feel like I was in a car wreck and that was only 4 sites.lol

Plants gettin staged on a 2x4 ebb & flow table, all pretty much shooting roots onto of them so they are ready for the fun in the sun. Kushage from TH Seeds and Black Hammer(Kendra) from TRC are goin to be the two I am goin to run, 2 of each should be nice.

House and Garden Aqua Flakes, Algen, Drip Clean, Multizyme, Bud XL, Top Booster, Magic Green, and Roots Exelerator is on the feed menu now..

Pinks all out baby!!

Thanks Daniel and UCMENOW for all your support, respect...

Tex

Uc 13xxland were off to the races
Uc 13xxland were off to the races 2
Uc 13xxland were off to the races 3
Uc 13xxland were off to the races 4
Uc 13xxland were off to the races 5
Uc 13xxland were off to the races 6
Uc 13xxland were off to the races 7
Uc 13xxland were off to the races 8
Uc 13xxland were off to the races 9
Uc 13xxland were off to the races 10
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Some more pics

I like to hard pipe these setups but its just me...

Tex

DSCN3278
DSCN3279
DSCN3280
DSCN3281
DSCN3282
DSCN3283
DSCN3284
DSCN3285
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Some Kushage and Black Hammer gettin ready to roll

8" netpots in a 2x4 ebb & flow table with H&G nutes

Tex

DSCN3251
DSCN3257
DSCN3259
DSCN3260
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

The Vans are back!

Wow, sounds like Danner needs some quality control on those pump housing gaskets.....

Can't wait to see you rock that shit.

T

TMA

:joint:Looks Great TK, Im very much looking forward to following along, loved your last thread on the UC.
Thanks for sharing.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Its really all about pumps and timers...lol...nothing more...pumps and timers I tell ya...

Always keep a few of each around at all times...swamp cooler pumps also, those are a bitch to find off season around here..

Tex

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Some more pics

I like to hard pipe these setups but its just me...

Tex

have you thought about hard piping the air side of things? i really want to try it when i get my 4 site up & running.

whats the overall footprint of the buckets with those size centers?

and THANK YOU for all the posts you've made on these systems, I've learned SO much:anim_44:

A

amstercal

Hey, TK. Very exited for this! How big is the room? Are there rw cubes in the netpots or do you clone directly into hydroton?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Gotta move another UC setup into this space right beside this one, i'll have the 13 gallon and the 8 gallon setups goin side by side for a bit.

Once I have the stwo systems setup i will do a trick ass chiller setup after lookin at Ben's thread, I was inspired...lol chillin multiple setups off one chiller is tits.

Tex

B

Bobby Smith

TK, always an uber clean setup and I love that (I'm a slob but can respect other's cleanliness) - good stuff.

And forgive the gauche and noobish question, but what kinda yields would you be hoping for once dialed in off of that?

Would love to do a UC setup but I'm relegated to 600s as well and had heard that 1Ks are the only worthwhile way to do vertical bare bulb.

B

Bobby Smith

BTW TK, I'm not sure what setup Ben has that you like, but something I was thinking about to cool my rez without a chiller was this:

I have a crawlspace that stays cool year round, so was thinking of putting a 100 gallon reservoir down there (would keep it at 60F, roughly) and running that cool water through the coil which would be placed in my actual nute reservoir in my grow room.

You could use the same general idea (a coil in each nute reservoir) to cool multiple reservoirs off of one chiller if you so desired.

EDIT: typo

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
BTW TK, I'm not sure what setup Ben has that you like, but something I was thinking about to cool my rez without a chiller was this:

I have a crawlspace that stays cool year round, so was thinking of putting a 100 gallon reservoir down there (would keep it at 60F, roughly) and running that cool water through the coil which would be placed in my actual nute reservoir in my grow room.

You could use the same general idea (a coil in each nute reservoir) to cool multiple reservoirs off of one chiller if you so desired.

EDIT: typo

Those coils still require a chiller. I am just goin to daisy chain them together off bigger res or seperate pumps for each coil from the res, nit quite sure yet.

Tex

C

Chuckleberry

Wow, I was researching this system pnline and found this thread and had to join this forum! I look forward to the show!

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Anxious to see how the chiller/coils and UCEXXXLMNOP13 work for you. Should be a fantastic 4 with the way you're going to light 'em.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Got the cages on and the insulation kickin, nuted the system and everything is lookin like she is ready for plants.

Tex

DSCN3291
DSCN3289
DSCN3290
DSCN3292
DSCN3293
DSCN3294
DSCN3295
DSCN3296
DSCN3297
Top Bottom