UC 16buckets 13gal in a trailer, 10,000 Watts. 6 tons (Jack Inspired)

• Thread starter UCtestn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

UCtestn

I'll post some pics of the mom room later, but I wanted to thank Shady for some of his posts...

Hmmm, I'm stumped on the zero RH... I seriously think something is wrong with your hygrometer. In the meantime, read this post on VPD:
Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery... I don't know how you can possibly keep this automated for two weeks without supervision, one week maybe, but two is pushing it. Also there's the issue of harvesting, drying for a week, and curing amd burping jars for 3 wks... This is a lot of work especially at the scale you are attempting...

BTW, I envy you for having a job... I was laid-off as a Construction Manager and it's been difficult to find work in socal. :itwasntme

It turns out that some leaf curl I had was probably caused by a high VPD. I suspected already that low humidity hurt me during veg, but didn't realize how much it could have hurt me. I'll work on getting Humidity dialed in a little better next round.

U

UCtestn

Pics of the mother Room for the CO-OP. We'll be taking a few down to keep a more manageable number. Because we'll be offering clones to members for $2 each to cover cost making them, we may need to increase there sizes and numbers of moms. We'll see what orders come in.

IMG 0021

IMG 0022

IMG 0020

G

Gucci

Hey bro, I noticed you have two different brands of digi ballast. Notice any difference between the two?

U

UCtestn

^ The Lumateks are easier to mount. I know of no other difference.

There is something about one can run the smaller lamps when dimmed and the other can only use 1000W lamps, but I don't know...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking good in the trailer and mother room bud! Glad those VPD links helped... I'm looking forward to your next update... :cool

D

DMsteppa

nice trellis ;)

As far as your slight issues with the ph. I would drain your top of rez and fill it back up with un ph'd water.I honestly wouldnt fuck with the ph, Let it do its thing.....and if your going to then go get some protekt silica(ph up) and order some fulvic acid onlile(ph down), plants love both and they can be used to help balance the solution.

I honestly try to never check the ph, though if I do notice its low, I usually just add 100ml of silica and that gets it closer to where I want..... but I have seen it swing way high and way low.....no worries there...just don't fuck with it.......

U

UCtestn

^Got it...

Right now I'm worried about this:

Didn't post it in the journal because I wasn't sure if it would get the responses.

The GDP's in the Pro-Mix are doing fine, but you can see in the other thread the UC is having issues right now. We'll see what happens in the next 24 hours.

U

UCtestn

It's been an interesting couple of week. I've changed the nutes to the basics, adding 150 PPM (.5 conversion) of CAL-MAG and taking Canna Bloom A+B to 550 PPM. PH is swinging from the 5.8 in the top off Res to 6.0 in the UC.

Air temp is around 78 during lights on and can get pretty cold during lights off. Next round we'll consider heaters.

You'll also notice the plants that look horrible are actually coming back! The roots are not that bad... They are not PEARLY white, but they are not horrible.

This update is from 19 days into flower. Pics were taken 12/26. I'll upload a couple more pics later.

DSC02363

DSC02367

DSC02364

DSC02366

DSC02365

Still a few that don't look too hot, but surprisingly some branches are coming back. I decided to leave them in to see how they react for now. Looks like they would come back if I gave them some time.
DSC02361

DSC02370

DSC02369

DSC02368

The Soiless Purple Eurkle and Grand Daddy Purple are doing great.
DSC02374

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice to see the roots and girls start to bounce back brah... Sending you good karma and positive vibes... :damnhippie:

S

swayzie

your cold nighttime temps are whats hurtin you and causing problems.

u run a UC system, but when my room is in the low 60's air temp, my pots temp is in the high 40's. this causes slow to no growth, and very weird looking deficiencies because the plants not drinking certain elements. eventually, the plant will lock up totally. test your water temp in the middle of your night cycle when your room is at its coldest, i bet its really cold cold water.

keep your lights off temps in the 70's and you will see those plants explode and your deficiencies sort themselves out. ive had that same weird growth sometimes before i ran heaters in the winter time. try it.

U

UCtestn

your cold nighttime temps are whats hurtin you and causing problems.

u run a UC system, but when my room is in the low 60's air temp, my pots temp is in the high 40's. this causes slow to no growth, and very weird looking deficiencies because the plants not drinking certain elements. eventually, the plant will lock up totally. test your water temp in the middle of your night cycle when your room is at its coldest, i bet its really cold cold water.

keep your lights off temps in the 70's and you will see those plants explode and your deficiencies sort themselves out. ive had that same weird growth sometimes before i ran heaters in the winter time. try it.

Thanks... I realize it's hurting. water temp doesn't get much colder then 65. I think the air pumps are keeping the water warm? I agree I need heaters, This Blue dream (right) and SVF OG (left) got more stretching then they should have:

DSC02355
B

Boomer242

the SFV strain we run triples during photoperiod flip. were scrog that bitch down tight. diggin the setup. -boom

U

UCtestn

Pics 21 days into Flower. Dec 31. So much for last year!

Love week 3 & 4. Love the explosive growth.

Have I mentioned that the Promix-section of the trailer is using Nutri Plus nutrients that were a give away at the LA convention?

From the UC. The SFV and Blue dream keep stretching. I'm ok with it and like it.
DSC02422

DSC02409

The back side of the trailer, running our typical pro-mix setup.
DSC02402

DSC02401

U

UCtestn

Looking good Bro! Put your chiller on a timer to turn off couple hours after lights off and back on at lights on. That'll Keep your Res temps in ck during the night cycle.

Good Luck!

Whats the spec's on that trailer if you dont mind?

First off, Pleasure to have you stop in. I wish I had your building knowledge to make my room as nice as you could make them.

The trailer is a "race car trailer" It was purpose built for this from the factory with insulated walls, 9' ceiling and 6.25 tons of cooling through RV style roof top A/C's.

If you want to go taller then 9' ceiling, there are "stacker" options. You can front mount A/C's on this one...

No need for a semi tractor to move this like a 53' refrigerated tractor trailer would need. A BIG pickup truck and you're good to go. Most people simply say, nice toy hauler... if they only knew what "toys" I was hauling. :-)

Well impressed im sub'd bro

Thx. Welcome to the Farm.

B

Baddog

You don't think the mag pumps will heat the water up to much with the chillers off?

U

UCtestn

Looking good Bro! Put your chiller on a timer to turn off couple hours after lights off and back on at lights on. That'll Keep your Res temps in ck during the night cycle.

Forgot to address this. The chillers are on a thermostat. They automatically turn off at 67-68. I assume this takes care of it.

You don't think the mag pumps will heat the water up to much with the chillers off?

I run the chiller from the same pump that circulates water in the UC, so there is only one pump in the system. Either way, once I set the chiller temp on my JBJ chiller, it turns on and off automatically as needed to keep the set temperature.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking good brah! My JBJ Chiller works the same way, it has a built in Thermostat and only turns on when needed... :cool

Top Bottom