UC 4XL Scrog in Double Lid Under 1000W

• Thread starter Th3Jungl3Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Hi Farmers!
This is my first time growing and I'd like to share this experience with you guys!
I'm stoked to see everything running after few months of hard work and a lot of stress while building the room.

Well, what I got in here is:
Flower Room,
1000W Hortilux Super HPS
6" Blockbuster
Galaxy 1000W HPS/MH 120/240V Multi-Watt & Dimmable
2 - 6" Active Air Fan 400 CFM
EcoPlus Carbonaire Filter 550 CFM
1/10 EcoPlus Water Chiller
2- EcoPlus 16" Wall Mount Fan

Strains:
4 Chemdog
2 Super Lemon Haze
2 Sour Diesel

I'm using 1/4 of Nutrients strength
Dutch Master.
Grow A + B 180ml
ADD .27 115ml
Silica 20ml
Drip Clean5ml
Great White 2 Scoops
Roots Excel 45ml

PH 5.6
PPM 520/EC.77
Water Temp 68.

Temperature in the room is around 75-77f during in the morning but increases to 80ish when the chiller turns on, the humidity drops to 35%, and at night temp stays at 75f and 45% humidity.
I have one fan bringing fresh air to the room 24/7 which has been keeping the room much cooler during the days.
Few plants got root rot like 10 days ago and I had to be treating them with H202, which didn't help much, but 4 days ago I started using Roots Excel + Great White and the roots has been growing CRAZY! Highly recommended!!!
I transplanted them yesterday night, the photos you see of the long roots ones were taken before transplant, while they were in the 3" netpot. This morning I went there to check and as you can see the roots are already poking out of the netpot!
The net is 12" away from the buckets and 20" from the hood, didn't feel my skin burning under the light but I'm checking every hour for burns or any stress signs.
The humidity is below 50%, I was not expecting that at tall as in my vegetating box is always over 55%.
If you guys could please recommend something nice I'd appreciate :)

The box I'm keeping the plants vegetating is a 3x3x5 with 2 15 Gallon DWC holding 15 plants each, and they're under 1 2ft 6 bulbs, another 2ft 4 bulbs and 2 6" Air King fan, but I will install another one of 20" on the top of the box as I have seen condensation early morning.

PH 6.0
PPM 520/EC.77
Water Temp 70
Strains:
Warlock
Super Lemon Haze
Chronic
Purple Kush
Granddaddy Purple
Morning Glory
White Widow
White Rhino
Sour Diesel
Super Haze

I have been reading almost every single thread in the past 6 months, about electricity, safety, systems, Nutrients and etc. It took me 4 months to get here, everything started from seed, and it was meant to be simple, fast, and easy, but it wasn't at all!
Thanks to all you guys posting your ideas and pictures of your setups. Without you guys :party0023:, some good divine thoughts :very_first_smiley:
my wife's patience :anim_09: and some really good :weed-sign:, I would not have achieved this.

IMG_05588.jpg

Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_139.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_138.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_136.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_130.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_129.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_128.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_125.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_126.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_127.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_117.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_123.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_124.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_116.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_1151.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_1141.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_110.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_115.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_114.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_108.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_103.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_105.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_104.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_087.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_079.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_076.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_083.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_073.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_065.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_069.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_072.JPG

C

Chris1

Looks really clean! So those are the 8 gallon totes? I haven't seen anyone run 2 per tote so this should be interesting. How tall is the screen above the net pots?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Great start on your first grow Th3Jungl3Boy! Good luck on your UC journey as well... :cool

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Looks really clean! So those are the 8 gallon totes? I haven't seen anyone run 2 per tote so this should be interesting. How tall is the screen above the net pots?

Thanks for stopping by Chris!
Yes those are 8 Gallons buckets and the net is 12" inch above it.

M

mcpuffin

If you aren't using a cool coil for your chiller, which it doesn't look like, you can just use the return pump for your chiller. Plum the hose from the return pump to the 'IN' of the chiller, then plum 'OUT' of the chiller to epicenter. This just cuts out an extra water pump.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

If you aren't using a cool coil for your chiller, which it doesn't look like, you can just use the return pump for your chiller. Plum the hose from the return pump to the 'IN' of the chiller, then plum 'OUT' of the chiller to epicenter. This just cuts out an extra water pump.

Hey Mcpuffin!
How's going?
I just read your message but I don't know what you're meaning with cool coin, as I do have things setup exactly the way you mentioned. "The one IN, in the chiller is connected to the T in the epicenter where the return pump returns the water, and the one OUT is returning the water to the epicenter.

M

mcpuffin

My bad...seems like you have it setup correctly. I saw the 2 hoses running from the epicenter to the chiller thinking you were using an extra pump for the chiller, but carry on...

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Update. Day 2 18/6

Plants looks great!
Roots has grew over 2" in a day and looks so white. I'm really happy to see everything running fine and I'm hoping keep it until the end, as I almost gave up to grow before transplant them to the UC when they got root rot. I had to flush and clean everything almost every 3 days, and now it really seems like it's definitely gone :lock:
I'm keeping the hood 20" inch far away from the plants, do you guys think it could be closer?
I'm posting 2 pics of the same plant to show how fast the roots has grew. The one with short roots were taken yesterday, the long one today.
I'm going to buy a humidifier today and also planning to raise the PPM to 600 tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by!

Peace .".
IMG_0400.JPG
IMG_0401.JPG
IMG_04021.JPG
IMG_0403.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_1261.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG

deacon1503

deacon1503

Looks great! Keep an eye on the girls as they work through the screen, those sqaures are kinda small. Good luck!

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Looks great! Keep an eye on the girls as they work through the screen, those sqaures are kinda small. Good luck!

I have been thinking about making another one with bigger squares.
What type of problems could it cause?
Thanks

hiboy

hiboy

Smaller squares wont hurt ya much, you can just snip em open a little if ya need to fit something thru. Maybe you might have trouble picking some leaves, maintenance,etc with them. Love your set up. subbed here. good luck. gonna be watching with anticipation
hiboy

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Smaller squares wont hurt ya much, you can just snip em open a little if ya need to fit something thru. Maybe you might have trouble picking some leaves, maintenance,etc with them. Love your set up. subbed here. good luck. gonna be watching with anticipation
hiboy

The squares were actually bigger, I added one more tread to make smaller. I will keep an eye on them and if I ever need more space I will remove what I have added.
Thanks

B

bluewaves

lookin good!......u gonna wish that u have only one per bucket soon..lol in a good way ..this things gonna blow up!...

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

lookin good!......u gonna wish that u have only one per bucket soon..lol in a good way ..this things gonna blow up!...

Yeah I have been thinking a lot about that but I will keep and see what happens. I'm also planning to keep them vegetating for 2 more weeks & flip the light to 12/12.
Thanks for the help.

C

Chris1

2 more weeks??? Wooo time for some monsters. What is the material on the buckets called?

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

2 more weeks??? Wooo time for some monsters. What is the material on the buckets called?
The material is called block-ir. You can get on eBay for $65 shipping included. It was the best deal I found.
Some people are using a sort of insulation that you can find at home depot, but it will be glued to the buckets, I personally didn't like the idea.
The link to the material is right here.
Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom