UC 4XL under 1000 watt in 5x5 hydrohut OG Kush & Pre 98 Bubba

• Thread starter Stu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stu

HEY EVERYONE!

This will be my 1st run at a hydro system I have several soil grows under my belt and want to see something more rewarding.

Strains will be;

Pre 98 Bubba
OG Kush from 10 year old mother. Will be F2

Genetics are CRAZY on both of these plants. Will have to learn what they like.

set up includes;

1 Hydro hut 5'x5'x7'
1 Nova Star 1000w digital dim able ballast
1 Nova Star HPS and MH 1000w bulbs
1 8" inline fan ducted down to 6" active air 500 cfm fan for cooling just the light.
1 6" active air inline fan connect to home made carbon filter
1 Active Aqua 110 lt per min air pump
1 1/10 Aqua Euro chiller
1 290 GPH pump for chiller
4 2' air hose defusers
1 Nutradip PH EC Temp CMS tri meter
1 Nutradip PPM CMS meter
CPPM-4 Co2 Controller
CAP HU-1 Controller

nutes will be
Heavy 16 Veg and Bloom

Zone
Liquid Karma
Pre Bloom
FloraNectar
Big Bud
Over Drive
Final Phase

I work in the HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) trade for the past 6 years now. I am tinker at heart, have always been fixing and improving things sense I could remember. Alright enough here are some pictures of the set up coming together.

More pics to come still working on uploading them

B

Buddy Flowers

nice bro. looking forward to see how this turns out for you!

U

UCtestn

I like it... turn that whole basement into a room with 12k of light and a 5 ton unit...

In the meantime, I'll enjoy the tent show.

S

Stu

Inside shot of the tent filling in components. Their is a Hydro Farm dehumidifier inside the tent to the right that is not in picture. It is being controlled by a CAP HUM-1 as well as the humidifier.

Wired in a nice little sub panel. Ran (2) 10 gauge solid wires and a 10 gauge common, As well as a ground. Total run was 100 feet under house and 60 feet under ground in conduit 24" deep (killed my back)

Nice wiring

Co2 Controls with remote sensor.

S

Stu

UC system in

Controls mounted on a piece of ply wood on yoyos to move up as the canopy rises. I have sense removed the tri meter and the PPM meter due to getting a wrong reading while having the lights on and running. POS.

Had a hick up from my buddy that I'm helping him through his first grow. He couldn't get his clones to root. So I'm getting them from the main source them selves. Only problems is they are 2 hours away and he just cut them last week. I should have them soon enough.

I got pisT at friend and build my own veg box so I don't have to rely on him any more.

In veg box will be the mothers under a T5 Sun Blaze 2' (4) bulb set up. With a 4" oracle inline fan on a speed control.

Upper clone has a single T5 bulb with a humidity dome and heat mat.

S

Stu

My 30 gallon rez with Stealth 100 RO filter connected to a float. Ran a 1/2 copper water line over from my washers supply.

hydroton waiting on clones. That black hose is the drain hose to the system. I shut off the 3/4 shut off valve from pump and connect it. It dumps to a condensate pump inside the tent where the dehumidifier and RO waste water goes. I then gets dumped out to the washer machine waste line.

Built a SCROG screen using 1" sch 40 PVC and this poultry fencing wire that had 1" holes that I cut to 2".

Installed (4) 6" air king fans with clips top of tent frame. Also in picture 1/4 tubing for Co2 set up.

S

Stu

nice bro. looking forward to see how this turns out for you!

Thanks Buddy Flowers. If you can't tell I have already done a lot of the work. I'm just moving to bright and greener pastures :winking0067: Thanks for coming by.

I like it... turn that whole basement into a room with 12k of light and a 5 ton unit...

In the meantime, I'll enjoy the tent show.

UCtestn I wish I had that kind of horse power. And a basement. Truth be told its only a two car garage. But plans for a future site would be quite nice. Thanks for stopping in.

S

Stu

Well I think I have got everything moved over here. Sorry for a lot of the pictures being turned sideways. I learned when taking pictures vertically with my lovely iphone when uploading them it turns them to landscape. Sorry about that :smoke

Current status is waiting on the young ones to get delivered. And then blowing things up.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

That's a pimped out Hut fo' sho'. Got my blast shield held high, blow 'em to bits. Sweet, frosty bits. *Drool*

M

mcpuffin

Reminds me of my old spot! This thread takes me back to when all I had was tents, the good ol' days!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
right on man - dig the setup

rock that uc tent

S

Stu

WOW... I'm LOVING IT!
Thanks man. cant wait to blow things up.

Reminds me of my old spot! This thread takes me back to when all I had was tents, the good ol' days!
Sweet how did you like your tents and what size where you using?
Did you use Co2 set up at all?
What were any of your problems that you ran into using the tents.
Thanks for stopping by.

right on man - dig the setup

rock that uc tent
Thanks for stopping by motherlode. I'm not new to growing just new to this place. Was told by some good friends that there are a lot more knowledge people on this side of the fence. Especially running UC systems. :)

M

marky_has_mites

best wishes just keepr h20 cool and run dutch master zone like ur life depended on it

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Great start on the UC adventure Stu! I'm looking forward to the show... :cool

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Everything looks pretty good. That roof duct flashing is supposed to go under the shingles, tar, THEN shingles but as long as you guys dont get washington like rain you should be alright, just do not be surprised if one day you have rot in the wood up there. NOT a big deal for this. Only reason I did not jump IMMEDIATELY onto the humidifier is because I read somewhere that they can put out a lot of bacteria into the air dunno if that could cause problems. I think the humidity is only a problem right now til the plants start booking and perspiring which can happen rapidly with Co2. Ask one of the experts here.

Top Bottom