UC 4XL under 1000 watt in 5x5 hydrohut OG Kush & Pre 98 Bubba

• Thread starter Stu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stu

Its gotta be like a kid waiting for xmas

Ya basically. Just waiting for the word that they are ready. Thanks from cruising by over here as well BG:D

best wishes just keepr h20 cool and run dutch master zone like ur life depended on it

Ya the recipe I'm using is a dutch master base. They are calling for a double dose than what the their label says. I'm going to scan the recipe sheets here in a bit. Thanks for stopping by too marky.

Great start on the UC adventure Stu! I'm looking forward to the show... :cool

Sweet ya like BG said its like waiting for Christmas as a kid. Thanks for stopping on by too.

Everything looks pretty good. That roof duct flashing is supposed to go under the shingles, tar, THEN shingles but as long as you guys dont get washington like rain you should be alright, just do not be surprised if one day you have rot in the wood up there. NOT a big deal for this. Only reason I did not jump IMMEDIATELY onto the humidifier is because I read somewhere that they can put out a lot of bacteria into the air dunno if that could cause problems. I think the humidity is only a problem right now til the plants start booking and perspiring which can happen rapidly with Co2. Ask one of the experts here.

Thanks for pointing out that roof flashing. Yes I did do that wrong, the tar has to be under the metal flashing and sliding it up under the roofing shingle. It has been raining the past few days with no leaks. Also took note to the 4 layers of shingles on top of each other. When roofing you are not supposed to do more than 3 layers before you strip everything off down to the wood. Good thing someone in my family runs a roofing business. :D

And yes you are correct on the plants that are in a Co2 enriched environment produce more humidity. Quoting from Jorge Cervantes Marijuana Horticulture Medical Grower's Bible page 337.

"Carbon dioxide-enriched plants use more water. Water rises from plant roots and is released into the air by the same stomata the pants use to absorb Co2 during transpiration."

The humidity control I am using the CAP Hum-1 allows you to use a dehumidifier and a humidifier. My Only complaint is that there is no dead band between humidifying and dehumidifying. Once the dehumidifier reaches set point for 55% RH it shuts off and on turns on the humidifier. This causes a constant battle between the two. To correct this problem and since I will mainly be using the dehumidifier. I am going to simply just unplug the humidifier and possible take it out in the future.

Thanks for stopping by Jimmy and helping me kick around some ideas.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
does your dehumidifier or humidifier have its own setting for humidity levels? if so maybe you could set your CAP at say 50% and then your dehumidifer at 55%. that way when it is below 50% your cap runs your humidifier, then when it reaches 50% it switches to powering your dehumidifier, but this is set at 55% so it wont turn on until it gets to 55% leaving a period of calm in your garden. this may lead to a big more fluctuation but if you were planning on taking out the humidifier all together, this would atleast give u the added control if ever needed. (would work even better flipped with your humidifier set to 50% and your CAP set at 55% but that depends on which one has the available setting)
this may be a crazy idea but it just might work.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Once your plants start ah movin you will have no problems with low humidity. Believe it or not I hung two wet towels in my 5x10 tent and my humidity sits at 55% now, ya I have to rewet them twice a day it sure beats paying money for a humidifier I will only use for a week or two. Just an idea ..cannot wait to see your plants.

S

Stu

does your dehumidifier or humidifier have its own setting for humidity levels? if so maybe you could set your CAP at say 50% and then your dehumidifer at 55%. that way when it is below 50% your cap runs your humidifier, then when it reaches 50% it switches to powering your dehumidifier, but this is set at 55% so it wont turn on until it gets to 55% leaving a period of calm in your garden. this may lead to a big more fluctuation but if you were planning on taking out the humidifier all together, this would atleast give u the added control if ever needed. (would work even better flipped with your humidifier set to 50% and your CAP set at 55% but that depends on which one has the available setting)
this may be a crazy idea but it just might work.

Hey nMeeks. The hydrofarm dehumidifier has analog controls and does not give a direct RH%.

image.jpg

I'm am first going to try the first run with out the humidifier. The air stones alone from the UC system in a sealed tent put a lot of humidity not to mention Co2 enriched plants. But you bring up some good points I will have to take into consideration. Thanks for your input and stopping by.

Once your plants start ah movin you will have no problems with low humidity. Believe it or not I hung two wet towels in my 5x10 tent and my humidity sits at 55% now, ya I have to rewet them twice a day it sure beats paying money for a humidifier I will only use for a week or two. Just an idea ..cannot wait to see your plants.

Ya that's what I'm thinking too once they start getting some growth I should be good. Plus all the bubbles from the UC system I should be good. Its killing me waiting for these girls. It's like Christmas for a kid just waiting on that one thing. Thanks for stopping by Jimmy.

B

Bong Hit Willie

Stu
Clean looking set up looking forward to watching the girls grow. Are you running your AC? If so you will need you humidifer until you get into bloom your AC will suck the air dry! This will slow your grow alot and not so good for plant health.IMO.
Good luck
Bong hit willie

S

Stu

Stu
Clean looking set up looking forward to watching the girls grow. Are you running your AC? If so you will need you humidifer until you get into bloom your AC will suck the air dry! This will slow your grow alot and not so good for plant health.IMO.
Good luck
Bong hit willie

Willie I am not running an AC yet. If you can see from my pictures I am pulling in 100% out side air at night (40-50F) with a 570 cfm inline fan to cool the light. I do plan to have a little down time in the summer due to high temps.

You are correct about AC removing humidity. The four things an A/C system does is

1) Filters
2) Cools
3) Dehumidifies
4) Distributes the air

Sorry was one of the first questions my instructor asked while in the trade. :winking0067:

S

Stu

update

well santa came a bit late. But better late than never. Was blessed to get some LVPK. Waiting for them to root a bit then going to slam them into the UC.

photo22.JPG

other work related injury. Luck I have a nurse that lives with me and didn't have to goto the hospital for some stupid stitches. Typing has become a chore now. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

photo-17.JPG

Hope everyone else had a SAFER new year than I did.

F

FatFreddysKat

Its always ok to get late gifts after a holiday or special occasion....it extends the celebrating and joyful cheer!!!
And healthy little ladies can come visit anyday of the year, they're always welcome to join the garden somewhere somehow!!!

S

Stu

Gifts are always good no matter when they come. Just glad to finally get some green in there. Was going mad for a while.

S

Stu

Update 1/2/11

Started doing a LST training last night. Seems like they are responding pretty well. Waiting for roots to shoot out of the bottom then they are going in the UC.

photo27.JPG

Got to love 12 gauge wire.

photo-18.JPG

F

FatFreddysKat

Alright getting closer and closer to that UC explosion we all love so much!!!!COME ONNNNN ROOTS!!!!!

H

HannaMan

Hey bro. Excellent work, training them as youngins..

If I had to make a suggestion, it would be to make sure you have as many roots as possible coming outta those little boogers!

Not just 1 or 2 or 3, but a handful.. The more the better.. in my experience. Just be sure to keep them damp so they dont get brown and fugly..any brown roots need to be removed before entering the uc!

I'll be watching!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Interesting, I've never seen LST done before the first planting... I usually just let the clones focus on root growth at this early stage... :thinking

S

Stu

Alright getting closer and closer to that UC explosion we all love so much!!!!COME ONNNNN ROOTS!!!!!

Was just over in your neck of the woods. Full speed ahead.

Hey bro. Excellent work, training them as youngins..

If I had to make a suggestion, it would be to make sure you have as many roots as possible coming outta those little boogers!

Not just 1 or 2 or 3, but a handful.. The more the better.. in my experience. Just be sure to keep them damp so they dont get brown and fugly..any brown roots need to be removed before entering the uc!

I'll be watching!

Thanks for the tip. Always looking for someone to make sure I'm on point. Thanks for stopping in too.

Interesting, I've never seen LST done before the first planting... I usually just let the clones focus on root growth at this early stage... :thinking

I was worried that they are large cuts and did not want the stems to get hard on me not allowing me to ben them pretty good. I have that heat mat in there helps a lot with root temps. Hopefully this doesn't slow root growth.

I also just did a water with a little liquid karma and clone x.

thanks for coming by shady.

S

Stu

Clean set up looks like you are on top of things

Thanks putting everything I have into this

SHADY!! forgot to add that I got there cuttings from a friend that had them in an aero cloner. The roots were about 12" long on each of them. I just stuck them in RW to get a bigger base of roots going before I dropped it into the UC. Ya I wouldn't want to train fresh rooted cuttings. Sorry for not pointing that out.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
SHADY!! forgot to add that I got there cuttings from a friend that had them in an aero cloner. The roots were about 12" long on each of them. I just stuck them in RW to get a bigger base of roots going before I dropped it into the UC. Ya I wouldn't want to train fresh rooted cuttings. Sorry for not pointing that out.
No problem bud... I'm always learning new techniques by reading about other farmer's experiments... It's always helpful to observe the results and learn by interacting in journals. So thank you for sharing regardless of what happens... :cool

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Subbed., this may be something like my next project. Can't wait to see more results ! Happy Farming :]
Nami

Latest posts

Top Bottom