UC 4XL under 1000 watt in 5x5 hydrohut OG Kush & Pre 98 Bubba

• Thread starter Stu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stu

out of curiosity, why is the 5th one standing tall?

5th one is rooting to be the mother. Had the largest set of roots.

No problem bud... I'm always learning new techniques by reading about other farmer's experiments... It's always helpful to observe the results and learn by interacting in journals. So thank you for sharing regardless of what happens... :cool

Going to be my 1st UC grow let alone my 1st hydro grow so I'm trying to soak everything up like a sponge.

nice grow u got goin bro! ill be watchin and learning!

Thanks for coming by winta. Knowledge is power. :smiley_joint:

Subbed., this may be something like my next project. Can't wait to see more results ! Happy Farming :]
Nami

Thanks Tsunami. I'm already planning moving up to a 5x10 tent later this year. Once I get a few grows out of this one :D

M

multiplex

hey stu all looks good. im gunna watch this one for sure

B

Bong Hit Willie

Hi Stu
On your next run if your use the aero cloner clones DON'T put them in RW, just put them in a pot w/hydrton and UC will rock no stress lag unless you get your lights to close.
I use to do the same thing putting clones in RW and waiting for roots and having to top water. But it saves about a week or two of grow time by using aero cloner and going right into pots and letting as many roots as possible to go through the bottom of the pot, then fill it in with hydroton.
Drop that in UC move up your lights and let them rock! No lag time! No waiting for roots they just start booming!
Give it a try 1-2 weeks faster!! You'll love it.
Good luck
BHW

S

Stu

hey stu all looks good. im gunna watch this one for sure

thanks multiplex I'll do my best to blow the doors off

Hi Stu
On your next run if your use the aero cloner clones DON'T put them in RW, just put them in a pot w/hydrton and UC will rock no stress lag unless you get your lights to close.
I use to do the same thing putting clones in RW and waiting for roots and having to top water. But it saves about a week or two of grow time by using aero cloner and going right into pots and letting as many roots as possible to go through the bottom of the pot, then fill it in with hydroton.
Drop that in UC move up your lights and let them rock! No lag time! No waiting for roots they just start booming!
Give it a try 1-2 weeks faster!! You'll love it.
Good luck
BHW

BHW the only reason I went into the RW is that they arrived in the mail. I stuck them into a dark beer bottle with some water and clone x to bounce them back. Once they did, that is when I droppped them into the RW. Just to make sure that they rooted up fine.

Now if I take cuttings from a mother and root them in RW cubes once the roots are ready will it root as fast as putting an aero clone in the UC.

Basicly does the areo clone root faster in the UC than a RW cube that has a large root structure? Is the week to two week gain in the amount of time it takes for the areo clone to root. If so I can just cut clones from my mother earlier so that they are ready to go at the same time it would take to clone in the aero. Does that make sense ? sry :joint:

Remember its my first run in a UC as well as hydro. If I'm doing something that can be done better please slap me around and let me know :D thx

B

Bong Hit Willie

Stu
IMO I think the time is gained when I go from aero cloner to UC, my roots are already hanging down into nutes and ready to rock whereas w/the RW you must wait for the roots to grow out of RW and down into the nutes and then they must adjust to 24hr nutes there now in before they start growing. The trix is really to have the roots of the clone hang down through the pot and into the solution ASAP and the RW just slows this down. Plus I'd have to say the aero cloner is faster than cloning in RW, so all total I save about two weeks time!
Peace
BHW

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

For sure man, everyone has to start somewhere :] Kind of wish I would have started in a tent, but soon i will be downsizing to them.

S

Stu

Stu
IMO I think the time is gained when I go from aero cloner to UC, my roots are already hanging down into nutes and ready to rock whereas w/the RW you must wait for the roots to grow out of RW and down into the nutes and then they must adjust to 24hr nutes there now in before they start growing. The trix is really to have the roots of the clone hang down through the pot and into the solution ASAP and the RW just slows this down. Plus I'd have to say the aero cloner is faster than cloning in RW, so all total I save about two weeks time!
Peace
BHW

BHW thanks for all the info. I can see what you are saying now. So this weekend went out and build an aero cloner. Basic H design in a rubbermaid container with pump on a timer 1 min on 4 min off so the water doesn't get to hot. But thanks for talking me through that. I regret planting them in the RW. But live and learn.

For sure man, everyone has to start somewhere :] Kind of wish I would have started in a tent, but soon i will be downsizing to them.

Downsizing to a tent ?!?! :( at least you are still going to be rocking it. Thanks for the king words and support.

S

Stu

Update 1/9/11

Its almost been a week sense I took some pics. I am a little disappointed I dropped them into the RW cubes after they were already rooted by an aero. Instead of going straight into the UC. But hey live and learn. It has been a week and still no roots from below the cube. I am going to grab some Roots Excel from the shop tomorrow. Just tired of waiting. Well here are some pics.

photo28.JPG

photo-19.JPG

I also have been having a little battle with mites. I got the cuttings from a buddy that is close to getting rid of them. But there are still a few remaining borg.

On a side note. I was looking to move up to a 5x10 later this year. After talking with friends and some good buddies at the shop they all recommend doing a build out. Much cheaper in cost and I easily have the skill set to do it.So going to start roughing up some plans on a build out dimensions are going to be 8'x12'x8'. I enjoy the building process as much if not more than the growing.

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Yeah man, im happy to be downsizing. I can go to school & quit being a fugitive, makes for a better life & ill just save all my money and whatnot. I guess im not going to tents, but a few less lights & someone else to help. Too much shit to do all by myself.

hiboy

hiboy

Looks great stu,
I am looking forward to seeing a newbie on running his first uc. Thats what i'll be so im really taking notes.\\
Good luck

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Great Job!
Please upload pics after transplant them :)
Congrats!

B

Bong Hit Willie

Stu
Were is your water level at? IMO You want to have it a few inches below the RW, so that the nutes bubble up to it and tease the roots to make them reach for the nutes. If you keep that RW wet your roots won't grow out for along time, no need to they have what they need in the RW. Hang in there they will come and when they do it's going to blow up big time!
BHW

S

Stu

Update 1/22/11

Well has been a long time sense I have posted. These damn RW cubes are pissing me off taking for ever for the damn roots to pop out. Is there any tricks I'm missing to get them to pop? Well here are some pics

photo29.JPG

photo-110.JPG

photo-27.JPG

photo-35.JPG

mother

photo-45.JPG

photo-55.JPG

Messed around and FIMed the top (frist time FIMing) I can't believe how well this works.

R

RMCG

Cubes look too wet.

Water them, then give them a slight squeeze to get some runoff.

Are you running a dome on that tray?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Are you using roots excelurator. That will help as well.
When I use to use cubes for cuttings I would put them in a tray and put the water in the tray and let it wick up the cube. I would only put about 1/4 inch of water in there and let it dry out before adding any more water. I would get roots popping out all over around 2 weeks.
Good luck
BG

S

Stu

Cubes look too wet.

Water them, then give them a slight squeeze to get some runoff.

Are you running a dome on that tray?

That was right after a watering. They are not in a dome they are aero cuts that I placed into cubes.

Are you using roots excelurator. That will help as well.
When I use to use cubes for cuttings I would put them in a tray and put the water in the tray and let it wick up the cube. I would only put about 1/4 inch of water in there and let it dry out before adding any more water. I would get roots popping out all over around 2 weeks.
Good luck
BG

Using Roots excel and some cannazym. Was worried about root rot from coiling up the aero roots into the cube. So sound like I should let the RW dry out a bit to force those roots out.

B

Bobby Smith

Cubes look too wet.

Exactly what he said.

Even right after a watering, rockwool should not be that wet.

Almost looks like there's gunk forming on the bottom of them..........I'd let them dry out plenty before I watered them again.

Good luck.

S

Stu

Update 1/24/11

So I went a head and threw in the light that was from the mothers into the clones side. Is 2' with 4 T5 bulbs. Seems to make a difference 4x as much light as before.

I did go head and let the roots dry out a lot more. Found some roots starting to shoot out of the bottom. I sprayed the bottom with water to keep it moist. Should I let the roots grow a little longer then put them in UC. Or do you think they will take to the moist hydroton in the UC?

photo30.JPG

Z

ziggy1

You definately want a few more days and longer if you are putting them in the under current under HID lights rather than t5's.

Top Bottom