UC airline manifold connections slipping

• Thread starter ill eagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ill eagle

ill eagle

Anyone else havin problems with the 1/4" lines from the manifold slipping off the barbs? I had a problem initially with the 3/8" threaded fitting popping off the compressor, fixed that with an extra wrap of Teflon and now my 1/4" connections are slipping. This is my first run meanin my UC is brand new. My plants are in their4th week and I fear root rot of this keeps happening.

Globel

Globel

they might be getting hot and becoming soft? Maybe.... i dont see how else this could happen... how big is your manifold (how many valves). I suggest maybe tiny zip ties.... and maybe not using the same piece of hose that slips off... cut a centimeter off so your not using the stretched out part that fell off.

ill eagle

ill eagle

Its the manifold that comes with the UC. I cut off a centimeter or so but still seems a little sketchy. Tiny zipties are a good idea.

Thanks Globel!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I had the same problem. It's the material the airlines are made out of. It seems to stretch around the barb and not shrink back down. I put a lighter under mine just to warm it up for a second and it shrunk back down around the barb, kinda like shrink wrap. Try not to melt it, it doesn't take much heat. The tiny zip ties are a great idea as an extra precaution.

OK, I use a plastic manifold with plastic drip line for my airstones (eco commercial air 7). what are you using, my tip won't work with a metal manifold and poly lines, use zip ties.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Could you post a pic of what you're referring to......those are all pretty tight fitting unions so I'm curious to see where the problem lies.

M

Mr.Detroit

rofl I remember on my 70l/min air pumps I had a whole week of huge WTF's walking into my room over the same thing... I tried tape, suspending the manifold and all types of shit... well none of it worked but you know what did?... HOSE CLAMPS!!! like the ones that are in your car I got the kind that you screw to tighten... Motherfu**ers never fell off again after that!!

M

MizzaFishKilla

I might suggest a hose clamp. It's a less than two bucks for the fix. I use them all the time to assure hoses don't leak once placed on adapters like you're having issues with.

Once a zip tie is cinched down, it's too easy to cut the tubing when trying to cut the zip tie off, IMHO.

Good luck!

Small Hose Clamp
S

Snafu

these are an awesome replacement for the metal hose clamps, these stay where you put them and dont rust or wear down with the elements!

wrong link but they make that same style in the size you need just might take a little looking!

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I would go with hose clamps myself. In cars they use hose clamps for a reason, they work!!! YOu can get a hose clamp much tighter than you can a zip tie. If I were going to trust either a zip tie or a hose clamp to protect my floors in my house I would go with the clamp.

Top Bottom