UC Flip Flop dream come true with 10k vertical and CC nutes

• Thread starter All4freedumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

My UC Flip Flop dream come true with 10k vertical and Cultured Solution nutes

Thanks for stopping by Farmers. Well, after a bad car accident leading to a long delay we are up and running a new batch of ladies. These girls are grown from seeds that were started on Thanksgiving. The strain is Gen 1 OG, we will be searching for the pheno traits we like for our moms. I will do my best to stay on top of things and share some experiences I have ran into from past runs. I have had some very successful UC runs so needless to say I am excited to be running Cultured Solutions line of nutes. We will be running Culture Solutions grow & bloom a&b, UC Roots and UC Bud Booster. Cal Mag and other additives will be left out as I will be running this just as the CC guys recommend. A little about what I am working with. I have twin rooms sitting side by side. Each room has 9 13 gal. buckets on 40 in centers with 10k surrounding them, the rooms are running in a flip flop, lighting is also placed as CC recommends on site. Each room shares a 5 ton ac, one epi center, C02 burner, 55 gal. top off, 160 gal. RO, and a top feeding system feeding each bucket water from chiller, top feeder does not hit net pots. I do talk in ppm's not EC, sorry guys, 5 scale.. I am sure I left much out but hey, that's a side affect of my medication..

I do veg and top feed in tables before hitting the UC. I have noticed some people sharing a problem of stalling while plant adapt into the system. I have yet had this problem so I will share and record my girls transfer from the tables. I in no way claim my way is the way, but I do claim it works. The only stall of growth I get is during initial rooting into the UC, the first 3- days, during this time the growth of the roots begins. While in the table I hand top feed 3 times a day and flood once a day every two days. I pop my girls in the UC at 24-36 in. depending on strain. I set water level just at bottom of net pot and hand water with the same 600 ppm water I fed on tables 3 times a day for 3 days. The water in my UC is at 300-350ppm and 68 degrees. Once my roots start to pop and grab for the UC water (3-5 days) I then raise my water level up two slots on the net pot and stop top feeding. I also drop water temp to 66 at this point. I veg in the UC for 7-10 days by the time I have got the aggressive growth needed and explosive root growth I want to start flower. My first week of flower I like to run both veg and bloom a&b so I was pleased to see CC recommends the same with the CC nute line. I am sure I have left some things out so I guess we will go as we move along.

These pics of the girls were taken 24hrs after hitting the UC. I wanted to get this thread going with some pics before I got too far behind. I will still be insulating buckets, building cages and doing some fine tuning. So please excuse the mess.. Thank you all for stopping by, I hope you stick around. I look forward to the many discussions.. :dance

Hangers
Uc flip flop dream come true with 10k vertical and cc nutes 2
Uc flip flop dream come true with 10k vertical and cc nutes 3
Uc flip flop dream come true with 10k vertical and cc nutes 4
Uc flip flop dream come true with 10k vertical and cc nutes 5
Uc flip flop dream come true with 10k vertical and cc nutes 6
Uc flip flop dream come true with 10k vertical and cc nutes 7
Uc flip flop dream come true with 10k vertical and cc nutes 8
Uc flip flop dream come true with 10k vertical and cc nutes 9
Uc flip flop dream come true with 10k vertical and cc nutes 10
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Above is a repair, cause yes, things happen but we keep growing..

and the ladies...

Girls
IMAG0046
IMAG0050
IMAG0051
IMAG0049
IMAG0057
IMAG0052
IMAG0056
H

hogan400

Looking good All4. Im in.

How much roots are in your cubes? Those being so tall I would think they would be 12-24" long already? My cuttings have roots longer than they are tall. I have seen this a few times and it surprises me so I wonder if roots are solid inside those cubes? I never had good success with rockwool, only rapid rooters, oasis cubes, aero cloners, and sunshine mix...If the next rd goes smooth for me Im doing vert as well. Good vibes and well wishes.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Looking good All4. Im in.

How much roots are in your cubes? Those being so tall I would think they would be 12-24" long already? My cuttings have roots longer than they are tall. I have seen this a few times and it surprises me so I wonder if roots are solid inside those cubes? I never had good success with rockwool, only rapid rooters, oasis cubes, aero cloners, and sunshine mix...If the next rd goes smooth for me Im doing vert as well. Good vibes and well wishes.

Glad you came by Hogan, I love vert and I think you will too. This is my first time going into 4in cubes. I have done aero, rapid rooters, 2in cubes and oasis cubes, once going and placed into the net pots I've seen little variance between them. I found the larger cubes more of a pain and won't go this route again. I'll stick with rapid rooters or my ez clone.

The roots inside the net pots are thick and solid by transfer into the UC. One of the original reasons I first decided to top hand feed in my tables other then flood was to keep my root base solid in the net pots and keeping them from working their way out the pots before the UC transition. I had to pull all my girls from the net pots and give a good root wash due to gnat issues just last week. The cubes were solid and roots thick and white. It was pretty cool to see what was happening under that hydroton with 20-24in plants. I plant into net pots as soon as roots start showing strong. Off my ez clone I found about 8in has worked best. Next round I'll have my homemade UC veg tank going to do a complete veg the UC way. I'll get pics of the tank once I get it set in place and going..Thanks for the good vibes..

C

crossouttheiis

That is a lengthy girl. Your stuff looks really good though. That is weird I imply an almost identicly veg set up as you but I just keep it with ebb and flow the entire time flooding more often with airstones on the table. Good luck and your plants look awesome.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

they look stoked good job and good luck ill watch this

Yes man, I'm a happy daddy.. Thanks for sticking around..

Yes, I like my girls lengthy, ;) I find nothing better then growing trees in the UC. At one time I was going to flood my tables with airstones and run them that way but I figured I'd stick with what has worked well for me until I get the UC veg station in.. It sounds very logical when being sure to chill the water in the tables. I like what you have done and I am glad you jumped in on this thread, please do stay around.

That is a lengthy girl. Your stuff looks really good though. That is weird I imply an almost identicly veg set up as you but I just keep it with ebb and flow the entire time flooding more often with airstones on the table. Good luck and your plants look awesome.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

'looks great all4! are you slowly lowering those lamps?

Yep, I keep them high for the first few days in the UC until my roots take hold of the water. Then the sunshine begins. I have 4 bulbs up now, depending on the girls they could hit8 by the end of veg. Today or tomorrow I will lower the lights, then watching their reactions I add more if I can and they are asking for it.. I also rotate the plants with every watering until the roots no longer allow. Thanks for chiming in..

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Just under 48hrs in and the girls are looking very perky. I lowered lights and raised water level. Today is the last day of hand watering. Now its UC all the way..

Day2
Day 2
Day 2 room2
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Can't wait to see the trees! Looks very promising thanks for sharing!
GF

I love walking into these rooms when the trees are at their fullest.
I believe its gonna be a good one..

Awsome set up! I like the cleats you used for tying your lights off. Great idea.
Cheers S1

Thanks for your kindness, those cleats make life a lot easier way for the lights pulley system.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Everything is looking amazing today... They did need some top feeding today, but I am sure this is the last day. We have an inch of new growth all the way around the room. All side branches have also started their growing. We have white roots shooting out high up the net pots. It looks like this is where things start to take off. I will probibly lay off the pics until the start of flower now that initial start into the UC has stabilized. I love the UC and the girls seem to be loving Cultured Solutions nutes.. :character0053:

Day3
Roots day3
C

crossouttheiis

Those are looking good. I am still not getting white roots like that, but I think the nutrients I am using are part of that. I am interested to know other peoples ez clone setups. How big do you let them get in the cloner before transferring to another system? Your plants look good and healthy. I just put up a couple new photos as well.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Those are looking good. I am still not getting white roots like that, but I think the nutrients I am using are part of that. I am interested to know other peoples ez clone setups. How big do you let them get in the cloner before transferring to another system? Your plants look good and healthy. I just put up a couple new photos as well.

When using my ez cloner I found it best to transfer once roots get to be 8-12in. I like them closer to 8. I don't let my plants grow in the cloner, although I have seen it done that way. I like to get them going in my net pot asap. Before this I ran Advanced and loved it despite what others have said. I got a good regimen down with AN. I am just trying my best to go USA products as much as possible. Current Culture just made that easier for me.. :) I am really liking what I am seeing so far, but to me the real test is how well I can get these trees to fill out with their bloom a&b. I am keeping my hopes high knowing all the work CC puts into helping us get the best bang from our UC. I'm not sure anyone else could of got me to pull away from my old regimen. I can't wait to see the Bud Booster in action. I am loving the UC Roots so far.. Everything is incredibly ph steady.. I have yet to add ph up or down, even when adding nutes to my RO. I have not added anything to my ro other then Cultured Solutions A&B and UC Roots. Honestly the hardest thing to keep myself from adding is Big Bud, I've yet to see better results, and Carboload, which I know people say is a no no but I have seen huge results when using in my UC, with no problem in 4 runs using it.

Top Bottom