UC/RDWC? first time hydro 7 site system.

• Thread starter Budsweiser420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budsweiser420

whats up fellow growing enthusiasts!!!

Im creating this thread because i am new grower and have been asking myself hundreds of questions, and to be honest you can only really read so much as far as techniques. Before you have to post a hundred questions of your own.

Right now I am currently in the process of making my "7 bucket system"
dont have pics yet, but i will work on it. i know its hard to understand what the hell the simple hillbilly kid is talking about with no pics but here is my best effort.

** 7 - 5 gallon buckets
** Each bucket has two holes and the bottom directily across from each hole. -O-O-O line-Obucket-line
** The holes are 1" and sealed with grommlets and 3/4th straight barb connecters in each for the 3/4" return line.
** 30 gallon Rubbermaid that i haven't touced and is intended for my res.
** 380 gph water pump (sub)
** 160 gph water pump (sub)
** 88 lph air pump (eco plus commercial 5)
** 600w HID air cooled hood? this its called.
** 400w HID wing refletor.
** 720 cfm 8" inline duct fan. (active air)

Cant think of any more equipment of the top of my head.

One of my questions is what is the best way to set up my feed syetem?
what ive been considering is: 8 port drip manifold with 1/4" tubing being feed to each individual plant.from res of course. But at end of each 1/4" tube have a T connector. so that each plant will have 1/4" tube constantly draining into each bucket and one dripping on to the hydroton.

you pros following along :D lololol

Or 1/2" irrigation line with 1/4" tubes leeching into the 1/2" line at each site?

what i cant get my head around is how to do this with keeping the hydroton wet, but not 24/7 soaked as i hear it needs to be dryed to avoid rot.

i can run two manifolds. i have em. the 380 GHP to recirculate each bucket and the 160 GHP on a timer to drip into each as needed.
I would just like to avoid useing two pumps and two manifolds just cant figure out the most efficient way
to do this if its not necessary.

Did i mention i am new to hydroponics??? :) ..... :finger:

all advice welcome!! I'll be adding more shit to this regardless if i receive no help, but hell im desperate. hard to find RL people to give advice.Mentors welcome!

Once my system is built ill be choosing between Nirvana's-NYPD or Nirvana's-Aurora Indica
don't want to do both at once because one may be more nute sensitive.

And of course sharing my adventure along the way with all you THCfarmers!!!

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

whats up fellow growing enthusiasts!!!

Im creating this thread because i am new grower and have been asking myself hundreds of questions, and to be honest you can only really read so much as far as techniques. Before you have to post a hundred questions of your own.

Right now I am currently in the process of making my "7 bucket system"
dont have pics yet, but i will work on it. i know its hard to understand what the hell the simple hillbilly kid is talking about with no pics but here is my best effort.

** 7 - 5 gallon buckets
** Each bucket has two holes and the bottom directily across from each hole. -O-O-O line-Obucket-line
** The holes are 1" and sealed with grommlets and 3/4th straight barb connecters in each for the 3/4" return line.
** 30 gallon Rubbermaid that i haven't touced and is intended for my res.
** 380 gph water pump (sub)
** 160 gph water pump (sub)
** 88 lph air pump (eco plus commercial 5)
** 600w HID air cooled hood? this its called.
** 400w HID wing refletor.
** 720 cfm 8" inline duct fan. (active air)

Cant think of any more equipment of the top of my head.

One of my questions is what is the best way to set up my feed syetem?
what ive been considering is: 8 port drip manifold with 1/4" tubing being feed to each individual plant.from res of course. But at end of each 1/4" tube have a T connector. so that each plant will have 1/4" tube constantly draining into each bucket and one dripping on to the hydroton.

you pros following along :D lololol

Or 1/2" irrigation line with 1/4" tubes leeching into the 1/2" line at each site?

what i cant get my head around is how to do this with keeping the hydroton wet, but not 24/7 soaked as i hear it needs to be dryed to avoid rot.

i can run two manifolds. i have em. the 380 GHP to recirculate each bucket and the 160 GHP on a timer to drip into each as needed.
I would just like to avoid useing two pumps and two manifolds just cant figure out the most efficient way
to do this if its not necessary.

Did i mention i am new to hydroponics??? :) ..... :finger:

all advice welcome!! I'll be adding more shit to this regardless if i receive no help, but hell im desperate. hard to find RL people to give advice.Mentors welcome!

Once my system is built ill be choosing between Nirvana's-NYPD or Nirvana's-Aurora Indica
don't want to do both at once because one may be more nute sensitive.

And of course sharing my adventure along the way with all you THCfarmers!!!

How did you end up making out? I've run a system almost identical to yours a couple of times. Only difference was I didn't use a pump for my return, I just elevated the buckets a bit off the floor and used gravity. Also after a few runs I decided to switch the 1/4 inch lines out to 1/2 inch. I only top fed 24/7

Latest posts

Top Bottom