• Thread starter GET MO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Baddog

You just adjust the float valve when necessary! don't need extra holes

P

PuFFnNugg

Right right, so whats the deal with the drip emitters? Is that just for rooting or do you run a top feed as well?

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Same basic concept, except no one has built a solid commercially available RDWC system until CCH2O came along. UC is nice, but still has drawbacks, you could super pimp a UC/RDWC with a DIY build from the ground up! Just takes a little more muscle and brains than buying one out of the box!

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

i've grown in dwc buckets; without a float-valve they suck... i don't grow hydro to be adding 5gals a day to an 8gal bucket everyday cuz the plant WILL drink up the water that fast in a single bucket; trust me i've been done it... major pain in the ass; handwatering is less work

undercurrent is no work; the epicenter turns the entire system into one big reservoir in addition to allowing for a massive air stone to inject even more oxygen into the mix...modular aspect of the system coupled with the ease of uniseals make it even less work and more fun... i just kicked the centers on my system from like 36 inches apart to 41 inches... try doing that without uniseals and with 4ft plants in the buckets

people are just starting to scratch the surface of the modular lids as well; nothing sicker than going from 4 5.5" netpots in a lid to 2 5.5" netpots to one... picking the strongest plants along the way

so yeah; there are a couple differences

i wouldn't use a timer on a pump; thats for cloners; when the roots fill up the entire bucket u don't want to mess with em too much far as stagnant water and whatnot goes...besides when u realize how undersized the pump is (negative pressure does magic) you won't mind running it 24/7

^^^ what he said

Papa

Papa

Supporter
dwc = deep water culture
no "medium", the roots are in H2O, a simple example of dwc is a "bubbler bucket."

rdwc = recirculating deep water culture
rdwc is a type of dwc, but in this variation several, or many, growing sites are connected allowing the same water to flow from each plant to the other, typically utilizing a main reservoir. this provides for a central location to efficiently add to, cool, and oxygenate the water before returning it to the individual plants.

UC = Under Current
a commercially available rdwc system. all elements have been designed, sized, and tested for you. the company, and it's employees, have many years of experience with rdwc and provide a turn-key package. they also sell nutrients and other products specifically designed for rdwc. one of the best perks of the UC system is the technical advice they offer to their customers.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

dwc = deep water culture
no "medium", the roots are in H2O, a simple example of dwc is a "bubbler bucket."

rdwc = recirculating deep water culture
rdwc is a type of dwc, but in this variation several, or many, growing sites are connected allowing the same water to flow from each plant to the other, typically utilizing a main reservoir. this provides for a central location to efficiently add to, cool, and oxygenate the water before returning it to the individual plants.

UC = Under Current
a commercially available rdwc system. all elements have been designed, sized, and tested for you. the company, and it's employees, have many years of experience with rdwc and provide a turn-key package. they also sell nutrients and other products specifically designed for rdwc. one of the best perks of the UC system is the technical advice they offer to their customers.
My question was more of a statement.
That UC is nothing more than a RDWC system...
Just looks prettier that most diy...
I mean 2" pvc pipe, 1000 gph all hooked to an epicenter,
Is UC........
Maybe the added value of UC is that they use all of the best equipment,
instead of uniseals/underpowered pump/etc...
but there is nothing special about the buckets, lines, or epicenter.....

Papa

Papa

Supporter
oh, sarcasm. i fail with that on the interweb all the time too.
you're right, there's nothing magic about it. it's just well designed and has the track record to prove it.
for those looking for an off-the-shelf system it's a great product. i haven't seen another come close, and i've seen a lot of guys try to beat it and fail.
all the components are sized properly, and like i said, the tech assistance is unbeatable. it then gives the grower the opportunity to spend more time honing their growing skills, like this:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/here-we-go-again.52754/

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

oh, sarcasm. i fail with that on the interweb all the time too.
you're right, there's nothing magic about it. it's just well designed and has the track record to prove it.
for those looking for an off-the-shelf system it's a great product. i haven't seen another come close, and i've seen a lot of guys try to beat it and fail.
all the components are sized properly, and like i said, the tech assistance is unbeatable. it then gives the grower the opportunity to spend more time honing their growing skills, like this:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/here-we-go-again.52754/
Thanks brother! That was a very good read! Think I read that (vegging properly in UC if I can find it.. I liked his 4x4 veg system for the UC..

Top Bottom