UC XL 13 - Problems!

• Thread starter utopian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

utopian

I'm having some problems with my plants that are in a UC XL13 (12 plants - 13 gallon buckets)

Some of the lower leaves (that don't get my light) have a white powdery substance on them. It is "spotty" on the leaves. (1st pic)

Same system, same plants, some have some weird holes in the leaves (these leaves are also at the bottom of the plant and don't get much light). (2nd pic)

What is happening?

Thank you for your time and input!

Uc xl 13   problems
Uc xl 13   problems 2
RollinEndough

RollinEndough

More photos of the first issue please.

Are you familiar with Powdery Mildew and how it can destroy your/anyone you come in contact with's crop? Fingers crossed this isn't the issue. If your room is humid and condensation forms on the leaves plus you see 80*F and above you're at high risk. The only other thing that comes to mind is residue left from a bit of nutrient splash.

I get a few leaves similar to the second issue when they're right next to fans, if that's the case don't stress. If it's widespread you might want some CalMag+.

U

utopian

Nutes - House and Garden running at around 800-1000ppm.
C02 is running
PH: 5.5 - 5.9
Water temp: 70F
Room temp is 80ish, but I understand that it shouldn't be an issue due to C02?
Humidifier is running all of the time.

It does look like a powdery mildew.

U

utopian

2 weeks, 3 days into flower at this point. Would a sulfur burner do the trick and be OK now?

It's spreading too - and fast.

Should I cut some leaves off? Maybe just the ones that are most affected?

Would something like this work?

This place is close to me.

Thank you for your help!

H

HannaMan

2 weeks 3 days is fine for a sulphur burner. Use it.

And remove the leaves that are highly infected.

I wish you the best of luck sir.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I second the sulpher burner your good to go 2 weeks in thats about it tho

F

FatFreddysKat

I would do as HannaMan & BudGoggles suggest...pull those that show it and get that burner in now!!!
I had a friend get real lazy and thought no big deal and lost all 3 months worth of work and time(potential 3+ lbs)...all due to PM, and of course being lazy!!!!
1st sign of issues should always be handled asap, thank goodness there are heads cool enough to help out to keep us all growing well!!!!

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

I use a product called serenade when I get PM and it always takes care of it really well for me. It also works as a preventative.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
green cure as well will knock it right off the leaves. out in cali i think its called kaligreen. if you are not adding cal-mag i would start that as well. from the pic it looks like it could me a MG deficiency starting

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
That's ur problem ! Keep ur rh under 40

well kind of, its less likely to have a bad spore outbreak if you keep the humidity low, but the plant is still affected

PM also likes low light areas, low air flow and cold spots in the room

to fight the pm I like green cure

clear up (chop) the weak undergrowth and train tops to open light to the bottom

get humidity down

increase ventilation and/or airflow over the plants

somebody mentioned they need some cal mag and some silica wont hurt either, do everything you can to get them healthy to help fight off the pm

some plants are more resistant then others

you can use a sulfur burner until the 4th week of flowering if you have a good one and not a diy coffee burner deal

you can use green cure up til day of harvest

it knocks that shit back 7-10 days depending on your rooms conditions

mix it on the weak side, spray them about half hour before lights come on so they dry so it wont burn

remove any leaves you find that are badly infected after you spray, do not composte them it doesnt kill the spores

be diligent, dont think for a second you have it beat

you are gonna need to tear your room down after this and source some new cuts - use physan 20 on EVERYTHING, buy new fans etc etc or you will always have PM

good luck

edit: just noticed this is not a UC issue, this maybe belongs in the infirmary

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I battled that shit for almost a year. The only way to get it dead gone is break every thing down and clean every thing with bleach. If you wanna keep the strain take fresh cuts and dunk em in DM zone & penetrator that shit kills it dead gone 100%. If you dont clean your room good enough it will just come back
Good luck man

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have not heard of the Green Cure stuff yet. I do know Oxidate works untill day of harvest.
You can even use it on buds that are just cut that have PM on them. Just wash off the Oxidate and dry your nugs well. The problem with Oxidate is most places sell I think a 2.5 gallon jug for some bux. Or if you can find a store that breaks it down to smaller bottles that is even better.
That is what i use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom