UCRoots - come on guys really?

• Thread starter sedate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tophercat

Tophercat

OMG. You are really not getting what I am trying to say and you are making a number of erroneous assumptions. You should read my posts as posted no more. I'm pretty judicious with my language.

I'm not attacking CC per se and I guess you must really like CC if you feel like you need to defend them when I point out they are selling pennies worth of bleach for hundreds of dollars. I mean I like Botanicare but when someone says "ClearEx is bullshit sugar water" I immediately quickly agree.

FWIW, I think CCH20 is are one of the more innovative hydro companies and they make a neat product (the flagship RDWC system really is impressive. If you look at my other thread, I COPIED CC's water-flow design in BOTH my now-defunct RDWC's) and I've heard good things about their nutrient line.

This one particular product just really annoys me because anyone can make it for pennies and in the middle of grow problems the last thing anyone needs is drop boku-cash on dilute bleach water.

And paying CC hundreds of dollars for something you can do yourself isn't about "respect" as you state in the other thread - it's just getting fucked out of your hard grown cash because the usual informational asymmetry between grower and hydro suppliers. I presume most people participate in forum life to expand their intellectual horizons and be exposed to new information.

So I posted about UCRoots - because it is a nonsense product designed to separate growers from their money. And honestly, I don't know of any other extreme-overpriced sterilizing type product like that. I mean a gallon of 30% h202 runs the same as a pint of that bleach-water for similar bottle dosages and that is still expensive compared to more industrial sources.

Maybe you don't like chemistry. Maybe you don't want to understand it and clearly you feel like Current Culture does all the understanding for you. Maybe you feel like you don't know how to grow without Current Culture or that deviating from what Current Culture tells you is bad. Not sure. What I am sure about is that you are well paying for this knowledge/nutrient line, and for what is in my view, extreme intellectual laziness.

@ 3:25 ;)

As far as absurd overpricing goes - I would compare this uber-priced-bleach water to a number of other products from other manufacturers - Botanicare's ClearEx comes to mind (A few g's of sucrose dissolved in water) as well as SNS217 ($3 worth of oils you can get at Whole Foods plus an emulsifier, probably polysorbate20).

I'm not ragging on Current Culture - I get they are a business and they want as much revenue from any source they can get. Me too. I'm just pointing out how easy this stuff is to make. I thought it worth a thread.

Apparently you need your marijuana supplies blessed by the High Priests of Temple CCH20.

I don't.

I totally get your point man. I love the science and chemistry behind it. I Don't like paying out the ass for a product that is mostly water with some chlorine in it. The same goes for nutes too! I have no problem at all learning about what is in the products that are jacked up to a ridiculous price point and love DIY. I am not sure if you have seen any of the youtube video's of the guy who owns chilled grow lights.com. The guy shows you how to make your own nutes for real cheap. I think it is cool when people share knowledge so I don't have to spend a load of cash on watered down nutes or overpriced ph up or down. I am sure you know the ph up n down is one uses baking soda the other muriatic acid. Anyways bro I appreciate your posts and like it when people take away the so called magical mystics of plain chemistry. There is no magical product you know it and I do too. Peace.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm having a variety of reactions to this post.

First off - I didn't lose thousands because of UCRoots. Again - sterile systems are just as prone to problems and telling me otherwise isn't going to change that. Had I been running mineral nutes from day 1 (I wasn't), and had wanted a dead rez (I didn't) then maybe UCRoots would've been a good choice. Maybe. Maybe not. Whose to say since it didn't happen?

Secondly, and more importantly here, I run semi-organic nutes and I run bennies. UCRoots is designed for use with the line of mineral-based nutes that Current Culture sells - not for systems running organic teas and Great White. So telling me not having UCRoots is the reason I lost my first crops in 4 years is - uhh - pretty absurd.

As far as Current Cultures customer service - I guess I'm not sure why you think some guy on a phone is going to have more experience than I (or you!) do. Seriously if those guys on the phone know as much as I do, I imagine they wouldn't be answering the phone for a living. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think common sense tells me that I've scraped more weed off my scissors than any of those jokers with a phone-script have ever even seen. For real.

This is a real - gem - of a statement.

Do you seriously think I want to be told what to do?

I need to understand the how and the why.
I like the way you think, and I agree 100%!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@Toph420
Prob a thread u would be interested in reading...
Enjoy :)

MrChemovar

MrChemovar

Loved reading the comments on this thread, just cleaned up and disinfected my 20 site oxyclone and about to refill it up with some RO and azos, tried adding a little of OGBiowar nute pack and it just gunked up from the talcum powder

Hoppie

Hoppie

Omfg...... Smh

Been using this before bobs brew which CC bought out to use there formula and corner market..... 200ml concentrate bleach to 1.5g water then use 1-2ml gal of that solution, I go 3ml when I have issues like anything see how they take it then use more if u need.... been using way before uc roots was ever around in my ebb and grow... Don't mean to step on CC's toes but maybe I shoulda bottled and sold it first
Just to be sure... you said 1.5grams of water to 200ml of bottled bleach? Thats way more bleach than water... and i understand this is a concentrated stock solution... but i just wanted to make sure. Thx man

StoneyBones

StoneyBones

Here in 2020 your thread posted 2nd in google search for "UC Roots Review," was on the fence about ordering, had already ordered some hydroguard as I normally run that but my last bottle past date. Some algae in my DWC, which isnt normally a huge problem. Realized the Hydroguard was opened about 8 months ago, hence the algae. Thought about running both and then read your thread Sedate, still going strong 6 yrs on. Thanks for the info and may your skies be green

Latest posts

Top Bottom