Ugly mutant young lady. Should I let it grow and do its thing or start a new seed instead?

• Thread starter PurpleBuckwheat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurpleBuckwheat

PurpleBuckwheat

Hi everyone! I'm currently growing a Red Kush Auto from BSF seeds and it's growing incredibly quickly, but there's a problem as all leaves come out twisted. The seedling is only 9 days old from sprout and is already forming the third set of real leaves and even calyxes.

It's in soil, 12L pot, 80W led light, 27C temp in the afternoon and 24C at night. It's not a PH issue as I also though so and bought a new PH pen, but it gives me the same readings (I try to keep it between 6.2 to 6.5 PH). Humidity 55% to 60%. No nutes for now. 20/4 schedule.

It's a bit stretched out, but nothing serious apart from the weirdly looking growth. It stands to mention that there are some springtails in the soil, but I don't really know if it makes any difference for the plant. Apart from springtails, the grow is pest-free.

The growth speed is awesome, but will she be okay overall? The foliage is really twisted. What should I do? I was thinking to wait for a week or ten days more and see then.

Thanks a lot beforehand!

Ugly mutant young lady should i let it grow and do its thing or start a new seed instead
Ugly mutant young lady should i let it grow and do its thing or start a new seed instead 2
Ugly mutant young lady should i let it grow and do its thing or start a new seed instead 3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hi everyone! I'm currently growing a Red Kush Auto from BSF seeds and it's growing incredibly quickly, but there's a problem as all leaves come out twisted. The seedling is only 9 days old from sprout and is already forming the third set of real leaves and even calyxes.

It's in soil, 12L pot, 80W led light, 27C temp in the afternoon and 24C at night. It's not a PH issue as I also though so and bought a new PH pen, but it gives me the same readings (I try to keep it between 6.2 to 6.5 PH). Humidity 55% to 60%. No nutes for now. 20/4 schedule.

It's a bit stretched out, but nothing serious apart from the weirdly looking growth. It stands to mention that there are some springtails in the soil, but I don't really know if it makes any difference for the plant. Apart from springtails, the grow is pest-free.

The growth speed is awesome, but will she be okay overall? The foliage is really twisted. What should I do? I was thinking to wait for a week or ten days more and see then.

Thanks a lot beforehand!
either pest or overwatered.

PurpleBuckwheat

PurpleBuckwheat

either pest or overwatered.

No pests apart from pretty a lot of springtails in the soil and it's not overwatered, I only gave it 900 ml of water in total in 12 L pot during these 10 days. Could springtails damage the roots and make that happen to the leaves?

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Ya see. I had an auto do this and called the breeder. He said it was likely an accidental reveg. Not sure if anyone else has seen it.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well than it’s the springtails, they will eat dying dead plant material and if there is lots they can infect your roots ..
toss it out, clean up! two or three times than start over..
if springtails can live in there than do can other pest, which are probably there but unnoticed, springtails fed on other insects?...
all in all to be honest, that plant is a waste of time and effort..

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Could be a hot mix or light could be to close, i keep my 600w led backed off 32inc above seedling till they have a few sets.since you have not fed and ph good my guess would be a hot mix especially if an autoflower. Remember you want your seedlings reaching for light not shying away or burning. I would start another plant but leave this one, life finds a way.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Also I’ve seen seedlings affected by wind burn that have kind of looked similar. But if it starts doing weird shit like three sites coming from each branch that would be cool too. I would like to see it if you decide to keep this one. Lol

PurpleBuckwheat

PurpleBuckwheat

Could be a hot mix or light could be to close, i keep my 600w led backed off 32inc above seedling till they have a few sets.since you have not fed and ph good my guess would be a hot mix especially if an autoflower. Remember you want your seedlings reaching for light not shying away or burning. I would start another plant but leave this one, life finds a way.

The soil is okay, it's the one I always buy. But for sure it can be light burn although I'm not really sure it is. The light I'm using is new, but it doesn't look like it. Just in case, I moved it 25 cm down from the lights to see what happens.

PurpleBuckwheat

PurpleBuckwheat

Also I’ve seen seedlings affected by wind burn that have kind of looked similar. But if it starts doing weird shit like three sites coming from each branch that would be cool too. I would like to see it if you decide to keep this one. Lol

I'll keep it for now and I'll definitely post updates. Cheers, mate!

Top Bottom