Uh oh I made her mad 😡

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey all, I made one of my girls angry and I need to get out of the doghouse. I'm growing photos on day 30 of veg. I topped them two days ago and I've been mainly watering with tap water that's had the chlorine evaporated off. Runoff has been decent and plants have been looking healthy except one blueberry. Is this nute burn? I gave them a tiny bit of ff grow big and big bloom 700ppm to give them a boost 2 waterings ago (probably bad idea). I started in ff hf and now I'm in ff of. All other plants look relatively healthy other than some curled leaf tips on new growth from too much nutes. This watering i just gave them RO water. Water in: 7.4 ph 9 ppm 30 ec Runoff: 7.9 ph 1220ppm 2480 EC
I forgot to ph down before watering cause I'm used to the tap water being on point. Any advice? I was thinking of flushing with ff sledgehammer on my next watering. I'm confused about the whole water thing.
Uh oh i made her mad
Uh oh i made her mad 2
Uh oh i made her mad 3
'

JTShakes

JTShakes

You absolutely want to get that pH down. You can flush with sledgehammer, but keep in mind you'll strip a lot of the nutes from the soil in the process. I'd just water it with some 6.0 for the next week and keep an eye on the runoff. It should come down. Ocean forest is a pretty hot soil, so if you transplanted recently there's no need to supplement yet.

Are you letting your tap water sit out for a while (24h) before mixing and testing pH? If not I highly recommend it.

Good luck.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

You absolutely want to get that pH down. You can flush with sledgehammer, but keep in mind you'll strip a lot of the nutes from the soil in the process. I'd just water it with some 6.0 for the next week and keep an eye on the runoff. It should come down. Ocean forest is a pretty hot soil, so if you transplanted recently there's no need to supplement yet.

Are you letting your tap water sit out for a while (24h) before mixing and testing pH? If not I highly recommend it.

Good luck.
Thanks, I'll make sure I get the ph back where it should be next watering. I have been leaving the tap water out for 24 hours before watering with it. Should I go back to the tap or use the RO for a couple more waterings? Maybe I'll skip the sledgehammer so I don't lose those natural nutes in the soil.

JTShakes

JTShakes

It's really up to you. I just use the tap here since my tap is pretty low ppm to begin with. I have noticed though that depending on what they're treating it with and when they last treated, the pH will fluctuate / take a different amount of pH buffer to get it where I want it.
When I say 'flush' I'm taking many many gallons to runoff. If you use a dose of SH in a normal watering it should still help break down salt buildup without stripping too much from the soil. I really think the pH is your biggest concern right now though.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Her two lower fan leaves are looking worse. Should I chop them? She's only been recovering for 3 days since I topped. Or should I wait a couple more? Planning on flushing in the am.

Top Bottom