uhh, building new quantum boards

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So heres a seperate question. I couldnt find black and red solid core wiring.

About stranded and solid core wire ... this applies more to the work I do than any particular standards.

Solid wire - better over-all conductor. Stiffer so it's harder to work with but if it's used in an application with moving parts, it will eventually break. On a drop type line like hooking your lights to a remote driver you would want that extra flexibility. Stranded is a better choice due to that added flexibility as long as your wire size fits the amp/volt specifications.

Example: Extension cords you buy use stranded wire.

on your stranded wire that you marked with a marker, you can also label them +/- or red/black using wire labels or electrical tape .... if you're concerned that the marker ink wearing off. Remember, color schematics are so you can easily identify the circuit so you know what is doing what ....

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Congrats! Gonna be doin that myself soon! Watched all ya all put urs together ! Cept fir you gramps, I’m an ex tool maker from the glove state , guess you were/are electrician?

No. I am "skilled trade." I build machines which means I frequently wire plugs for devices. I attach cables to motors. Wire motors for 3 phase ... but any connection inside the control panel is done by an electrician.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

♡the step by step u & mr badashbass, posted so non-diy peeps, like me, have a bouncing ball, to follow along with.
just likin pics. u both showed similar, guano so i figure ur workin together on same thread so i can... leaf...
thanks for doin that, fellas.when i win the lottery that's probably canceled, as schools r closing (what happens to those funds?)... I'll know just where to come.
thank u all.

Top Bottom