UK 🇬🇧 Growers Circle Everybody Welcome ⭕️

• Thread starter WakeAndBake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WakeAndBake

Evening guys

Here to start a 🇬🇧 growers circle like the old days non of this insta hype or bravado

Tips/Trades/General Chat

Here’s a couple of shots of my GMP from Spitfire genetics she a peach male hit with skunk master flex GMO

Set up currently
2 X 1150 Gavita Pro
2 X 600w Lumatek LED
Co2 (Bottles and sensor)
10” Isomax (over sized for room 😅)

Uk  growers circle everybody welcome
Uk  growers circle everybody welcome 2
W

WildsOThe

Hey, total newbie in Scotland here. I just purchased an SF1000 kit (70 x 70 x 160), saw it at £249 in the sales- bought on a total whim- just arrived today. No idea what I'm doing!
BioBizz All-Mix, Grow and Bloom already delivered.
Random selection of seeds in the post, so there's no backing out now!
Any advice for a first time grower?
Not sure if I should stick to one plant and take the time to train it out? Or put lots of em in and flip to flowering earlier, not worry so much about the training?
I'm taking it up into a really cold loft space. Planning on putting a heat mat under the tent. Should I be looking at other options on top of that? Small oil radiator maybe? I'm up in the Highlands and there'll likely be some chilly nights before spring.
Any advice or pointers will be gratefully recieved...I know nothing except what I've picked up on Reddit in the last few days

W

WakeAndBake

Hello pal

hope your good

oil rad a great idea for heat but make sure you all set up with your extraction nice and safe (Straight into chimney normally works if in loft anyway)

my first tent actually on here you know 😂 2014 maybe the thread is somewhere. I’d fill tent with what you can especially first time and if struggling for height flip them nice and early

get yourself a ph pen and ec stick blue lab are decent

keep us posted with some pics when you set up

W

WildsOThe

Looking superb mate.
Took your advice and spent out on a BlueLab PH tester.
Put 2 x Budzilla (Heavyweight Seeds) into a napkin but only one popped, so I chucked in 2 x 00 Skunk seeds (Seedsman); both of them sprouted within a couple of days.
The three are potted up, in some All-Mix and in the tent.

Main worry is the temps, loft is seriously chilly.
I've chopped up an old carpet and surrounded the grow tent. Effectively creating a tent within a tent. Hopefully this will dampen any thermal fluctuations, hot or cold. It also helps to conceal the grow and should provide a good odour barrier.

There's plenty of headroom so I made a plinth to raise the tent about 10 inches. I thought it would be more comfortable kneeling to work on the plants without having to stoop; I'm also finding it much easier to work up top of the tent as I can get my feet right underneath; good for storing things out the way too.

Pallet wood (clean and dry); covered with ³/⁴" ply; 50mm off-cut of Kingspan on top of that; underfloor heat pad straight onto the kingspan.

I glued a 6mm wooden bead around the edge of the kingspan and poured in a screed mix to level with the top of the bead; it's self-leveling, so you barely need to trowel it if you pour evenly, certainly doesn't require any skill...BUT, the Kingspan MUST be level.

I bought the higher 150watt (half a square metre so it will draw 75 watts) it covers the footprint of the tent perfectly.
Gave it a few days to dry and cure, and stuck my tent right on the top of it. It won't take being stood on, but there's no reason too with such a small tent.

The floor is toasty warm! I wired straight onto a plug and will probably keep it on permanently, easy enough to wire it through a thermostat at a later date.
The ambient temperature higher up the tent is still only 14c, probably because I keep opening it. I've ordered a tiny 250w fan heater (which I will definitely wire onto a thermostat). The 1ft 60w tubular heater I got is not really making much of a difference, except very locally, beneath the seedlings.

20220120 202349

Pre-pour

20220123 193822

Screeded. The screed came in a plastic tub, all you have to do is empty the contents and stir; you will need a plasters paddle on a drill. Or a soup blender!

20220128 192806

Babies strung over the tubular heater.
One up and running, two hopefully emerging in the next day or two.
Next I'll stick the big light up, guess I'll only need it at 30% for a week or two though.

Oh, and I'm using an old 1.5ltr slow cooker for humidity, seems to work a treat. Pour in boiling water, set to 'Warm' and leave the lid cocked.

So far, so good.
Delighted!

Last edited:
KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Looking superb mate.
Took your advice and spent out on a BlueLab PH tester.
Put 2 x Budzilla (Heavyweight Seeds) into a napkin but only one popped, so I chucked in 2 x 00 Skunk seeds (Seedsman); both of them sprouted within a couple of days.
The three are potted up, in some All-Mix and in the tent....
Hey man 👋 Nice work 😎👏 (My first grow was 12 random bagseeeds under a 400w hps, over my bath tub, lol 😅😂)
I grow in soil too, (and I use biobizz nutes). I would definitely recommend mixing coco into your soil (2parts soil to 1 part coco). It will enhance the root growth massively compared to just soil and noticeably increase your final yield☺👍👊

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Another UK thread,?,cool ,who's got the fire then?,76
I heard You did? lol 😅 Come on, what you got in the locker atm?🔥😚💨

My last run was Lilt. Didnt keep cuts tho.

My current run is some clones gifted from a friend. Came with the name "gelato" but that dont mean anything, lol. Could be any of the gelato numbers, or from seed, or a gelato cross, or not even gelato related, lol 😅
What I do know is that the fella they came from originally is an old head thats been growing since the 80's, knows good green (bred one of the local cult strains of the 90's NL5Hz x M39) and he said its banging, and that it yields really well.
They were given to me by another mate who had spares. I took them in as orphans they were battered, and had gnats, I was going to bin 'em, but the day they were headed for the trash I went up to get them and the smell coming off them was unreal 😋🔥 So they got a reprieve, lol 😆.
They been treated, cleaned up, vegged up and. I'll be flipping them next week prob. Will take some cuts beforehand. It will have to be extra special for me to keep as I'm very limited on veg space.
My kind of flavours are SLH, Amnesia Core/Hy-pro, Sour Amnesia, SSSDH, Kali Mist. I'd make space to keep those as and when I find them thats for sure 😚💨

So, come on, spill it lol😅 What you got, and whats your top smokes?😚💨👊

S

Sumguyanth

I heard You did? lol  Come on, what you got in the locker atm?

My last run was Lilt. Didnt keep cuts tho.

My current run is some clones gifted from a friend. Came with the name "gelato" but that dont mean anything, lol. Could be any of the gelato numbers, or from seed, or a gelato cross, or not even gelato related, lol 

What I do know is that the fella they came from originally is an old head thats been growing since the 80's, knows good green (bred one of the local cult strains of the 90's NL5Hz x M39) and he said its banging, and that it yields really well.

They were given to me by another mate who had spares. I took them in as orphans they were battered, and had gnats, I was going to bin 'em, but the day they were headed for the trash I went up to get them and the smell coming off them was unreal  So they got a reprieve, lol .

They been treated, cleaned up, vegged up and. I'll be flipping them next week prob. Will take some cuts beforehand. It will have to be extra special for me to keep as I'm very limited on veg space.

My kind of flavours are SLH, Amnesia Core/Hy-pro, Sour Amnesia, SSSDH, Kali Mist. I'd make space to keejoep those as and when I find them thats for sure 

sleepy joe

So, come on, spill it lol What you got, and whats your top smokes?

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Another Update of where we're at 📷 Day 18 of 12/12
(I think I have a demon/ghost in my garden, can you see it? 😳 Wtf is that??)

Screenshot 2022 04 01 19 14 55

Screenshot 2022 04 01 19 30 23

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Update 📷 Gelato Day 49 of 12/12
"Maximum Powerrrrr"
Intended to change spectrum from 4000k to 3200k bulbs but didnt have two 3200k de cmh bulbs, so I have one 3200k de cmh, one 4000k de cmh and crammed in an extra 3000k 315w cmh, and a 3200k 250w cfl to try and lower the overall colour temp, lol 😅 Takes it from 1260w to 1825w for the last two weeks of flower, we're red-lining this one all the way in to the finish, lol 😂😅

Screenshot 2022 05 03 07 01 09
Screenshot 2022 05 03 07 00 52

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Looking good! Hello from the north of the UK :)
Thanks mate 😎🙏 Its hard to get a decent pic using only screenshots from a vid taken on a front facing camera, lol 😅🙈 Hopefully I'll be able to dig out an old camera that actually works and post some half decent bud shots, she is a very pretty girl close up ☺👊

midgesmith

midgesmith

Thanks mate 😎🙏 Its hard to get a decent pic using only screenshots from a vid taken on a front facing camera, lol 😅🙈 Hopefully I'll be able to dig out an old camera that actually works and post some half decent bud shots, she is a very pretty girl close up ☺👊
She looks it!

To be honest, I have been finding it difficult enough to get a decent shot with a bridge camera, let alone my phone. I've just taken my plants down so I'm off the hook for a while. These were mine, in my titchy-tent a short while before the day came...

20220427 102844   Copy
Top Bottom