Ultimate setup ideas

• Thread starter MrMackey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrMackey

MrMackey

Bit of fun but interested in people’s opinions as I’m looking to a new setup, be as detailed as you want guys. If you was about to setup a decent size room say 5m x 4m how would you kit it out?

personally I’d probably use
8-10x 1000w dimlux de lights
Dimlux maxi controller, leaf temp sensor, co2 censor
Water cooled opti climate 105k
Bottled co2
8” rvk to rhino filter outake
6” rvk with intake filter
Running fans 5min per hour
2 rvk fans with diffuse air for circulation/mixing air
Either rush rdwc system or run to waste coco 70/30 perlite drip system
Nutes use a mix at the moment but looking to stick to one brand or even salts

this is very similar to what I’ve run before but bottom fed coco with alien easy feed (worked well enough but wouldn’t use again) not done dwc for a while but done well with it before just growing 1 big pimp plant in my early days be nice to hear from anyone that runs rdwc on a fairly large scale if you find it more or less work that coco based methods?

never used dimlux before but like that they work with opticlimate co2 and vpd all on one controller

was interested in dropping the opticlimate in exchange for a quest dehumidifier and a mini split with the idea that may work better/be more reliable?

also interested in leds but don’t know much about them?

Gratefulearl

Gratefulearl

Man I'm building the same room!! Electric will be done next week! I gotta put up pics and pic your brain this is my first real room.

MrMackey

MrMackey

Man I'm building the same room!! Electric will be done next week! I gotta put up pics and pic your brain this is my first real room.
Nice man! I’m no master by any means but happy to help I’ve had more than my fair share of problems over the years most of which I’ve found answers so sure I can be of some help. Good luck bro look forward to seeing some pics, put a link in if you start a diary

Munch517

Munch517

For lights I'd personally stick with Fluence, Spydr 2i for low bay or Vyprx for high bay, I'm comfortable doing the low bay style of grow but I'd need help setting up a high bay.

Trolmaster has a pretty cool controller system that can control all sorts of things, I posted a video showing what it does on my grow diary in this post: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/my-first-grow.105510/post-2323467

Not an expert here, but I'd personally want more intake/outtake ventilation in case you have to go without CO2 or A/C for any reason. I'm assuming you'll have oscillating fans or cross ventilation fans also? I've heard very good things about cross ventilation fans coupled with fans to pull air vertically in larger rooms like yours.

I don't have much advice on watering systems, I think either of your options is good. I'm hesitant to go hydro but I feel it's gets more practical with larger operations where reservoirs can be larger, systems can be redundant and there's almost always someone around. Nutes are tough, I feel like your on the border between branded nutes still being sort of practical and it making more sense to figure out your own solution (which may warrant hiring a consultant or something). I've had very good luck with Heavy 16 and I know a couple people that run it in setups close to your size but it's relatively expensive. I'd probably go with something else at that volume.

People seem to love Quest dehumidifiers, if I was looking in that price range they'd be an easy choice as far as I know now. Mitsubishi has long had the best rep amongst mini splits fyi.

I'm very interested to see what you end up with, keep us posted!

Top Bottom