Un-biased Led/cfl Flowering

• Thread starter AtiGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AtiGrow

AtiGrow

Well I acquired this nice looking medi-Haze locally crossed with something I can't quite recall. To flower experimentally with the use of a 90wat UFO LED alongside a 45watt CFL warm spectrum. I'm currently into day 8 from switch to 12/12 I have the unmistakable female hairs/pistols protruding from the nodes. This plant was vegged with 2 600watt MH for 5 wks before I got it. I'll post pics soon

AtiGrow

AtiGrow

Current pics. Also wondering about defoilation if it's worth it or not to try. It seems the leaves have cannabinoids on them when I pruned a few. Maybe the leaves help transfer the good stuff to the buds? I'm kinda new to this idea. So if I can be enlightened it would be appreciated.

20160329 151054
Savysativa

Savysativa

Current pics. Also wondering about defoilation if it's worth it or not to try. It seems the leaves have cannabinoids on them when I pruned a few. Maybe the leaves help transfer the good stuff to the buds? I'm kinda new to this idea. So if I can be enlightened it would be appreciated.

What's good brother! I'm new too so my advice isn't the greatest but our setups are kind of the same with 300w LED and (4) 25w fluorescent tubes. I'm adding about 200w of LED when it comes time to flower so adding some wattage might be a consideration. As far as defoliation, the only exp I have in that is if the leaf no longer looks beautiful and productive trim it. Or else the plant will try and put energy towards the leaf instead of bud. I remember Cervantes saying not to use clay pots do to root burn but I guess indoors your probably fine.

But she looks good man! Hows the smell and are you doing anything for it?

AtiGrow

AtiGrow

What's good brother! I'm new too so my advice isn't the greatest but our setups are kind of the same with 300w LED and (4) 25w fluorescent tubes. I'm adding about 200w of LED when it comes time to flower so adding some wattage might be a consideration. As far as defoliation, the only exp I have in that is if the leaf no longer looks beautiful and productive trim it. Or else the plant will try and put energy towards the leaf instead of bud. I remember Cervantes saying not to use clay pots do to root burn but I guess indoors your probably fine.

But she looks good man! Hows the smell and are you doing anything for it?

I normally don't use clay but the roots shouldn't hit the sides to hard, I'd rather be in a 5 gal bucket for sure. As for the smell it's kind of a lemon, skunky. Is my take. I did take a few fan leaves to maximize light output. The bud sites are bursting in response to it. I'm happy with how it's went so far. I'm using a mixture of my buddies tea, and bat guanno. And in the first wk of flower I add oyster shells sprinkled on top of the soil before I water on the day without nutes.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Not to shabby, but I'll stick with the old school. I tried flowering under 650w 4' t5 for a few grows. Just couldn't get the buds I was looking for. Only get penetration maybe 6" deep. I made the switch back to hps for flower and back to growing monster plants. 16"-18" deep.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Just as a heads up, looks like you are close to the point, but at some juncture those plants are going to make the clothes you have hung up next to them smell rather strongly of mj/skunks/urine/etc etc.

Foxlink

Foxlink

As far as using LEDs and T5's, the LEDs will do great for her- doing really well and if you want to use the T5 lights, be careful about the heat on the leaves. If you have the money to try the T5 PowerVeg from Hortilux, they are worth a shot.

Top Bottom