under current 2 week vegg

• Thread starter ant87stang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ant87stang

hey guys i have grown in uc before. im using ionic. starting plants off at 300 ppm added cal mag went to 360. hardly ate anything in week and 1/2 so i dropped to 300. they ate maybe 20 ppm. overall plants are not thriving like normal, looks like yellow tip burn/ claw but ppm are so slow. there also not deep green like normal. little light color. def yellow tips. could it be to high ppm? or anything else?

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

I start at 50ppm and go from there. That way you can see them grow and begin to get hungry after rooting, then 50ppm adjustments as they mean a lot in the UC.

deacon1503

deacon1503

You wont see a reduction in EC this early in their growth. I would recc between .5 and 1 EC with atleast 25% Cal mag.

A

ant87stang

im on the 500 scale i dont know what that equals. i used ionic before never had this problem, but was a different strain

A

ant87stang

DSC00317
DSC00317
DSC00317

DSC00318
DSC00320
A

ant87stang

hey guys i uploaded photos if this will help... like i said i ran ionic before had two great grows in uc before this, usually after first week they eat like 100 ppm a week or more.. this time around maybe 20-30 in almost 3 weeks. there not as deep green and as thick and full foilage as i seen in past. looks to me like nute burn, but it never was above 360.. with cal mag. it was like 300 with grow and went up 60 with cal mag....

any solutions guys?? appreciate it... since the tip burn started i got nervous and dropped to 300, then my pal said looks like lack of nutes. cause light green color. i went back to 350 for like 4or 5 days they only ate 10 ppm. since then just now i dropped it to like 250 /????? i have no clue

deacon1503

deacon1503

In the UC burnt tips is cal mag deff. Don't be afraid of cal mag in the UC. Those tips are kinda odd make sure they aren't continuing to disfigure like that. What has changed since ur previous runs to this one? Otherwise they don't look that bad. How r the roots? If u increased ppm and they ate, try it again. Shoot for dark green and soft as velvet.

UClover

UClover

Plants don't look too bad...def experiencing some tip burn.

Back off on the nutes and give them some foliar love.

Maybe even plain water for a few days to let them take a nice big drank.

joehank

joehank

not to state the obvious, but you have checked your ph...before and after nutes?

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

hey guys i have grown in uc before. im using ionic. starting plants off at 300 ppm added cal mag went to 360. hardly ate anything in week and 1/2 so i dropped to 300. they ate maybe 20 ppm. overall plants are not thriving like normal, looks like yellow tip burn/ claw but ppm are so slow. there also not deep green like normal. little light color. def yellow tips. could it be to high ppm? or anything else?

If you feed the 300 ppm and it stays the same they are eating, If it goes down you are not giving them enough.
I start mine at 500-700 ppm and have no problems. I do get yellowing some times.
my water comes out filtered at 290 ppm(comercial lake water) so when I give them 600 they are really only getting 310.
What is your base ppms in the water before you add nutrients?
If its over zero you are feeding them less then you think and you are starving them.
I think you are fine just feed them.
Feed them. Feed Them.

Imo Calmag is a waste of money if you are using good nutes it will have everything you need. Calmag personally gave me problems more than it helped.

Top Bottom