Under Current Design. Will this work?

• Thread starter FileError404
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FileError404

Hey guys,

I'm designing an Under Current system for a collective. Did tons of research on UC and MPB and I decided on the UC.

Since I'll have 4 mini reservoirs and don't want to get separate chillers, I think the coils are the way to go and with a 2HP Chill King unit there should be enough power left to run the Hydro Gen Pro (on waste) and a water cooled dehumidifier.

Illustration attached.

Will this work? Am I missing something? Is there an easier way?
Any and all thoughts on this layout are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Undercurrent setupwl
Carnack

Carnack

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice job, bro. This is the system effort I am undertaking now too. UC is most definitely the way to go if you have the skills to stay on the nutes religiously.

Clue me in on the Hydrogen Pro.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

That's sexy

Have you called Steven at Hydro Innovations to get his recommendation?

Might be worth hitting up Daniel @ CC too.

IMO...you should just need one pump for all your coils, Hydro Gen, Etc...other than that seems right on...when you rocking this?

F

FileError404

Thanks guys!

Carnack: The HydroGen Pro is Hydro Innovation's water cooled CO2 generator.

UCMENOW: I asked the guys at watercooledgardens. (They're now UC resellers, too.) They told me I could use a seperate pump and thermostat for each res, to keep them optimal. Will get in contact with Steven and Daniel, too. Thanks for the reference!

Walls will go up next week.

N

noone88

Your HydroGEN needs it's own water source. It can be regular tap water. Do not use a pump from your water-cooled res.

It doesn't look like you're flip flopping, which I think you should probably do. Running 30k watts at once, I would bump my water chiller up to 3HP.

I don't know much about the water-cooled dehumidifier. I would run it to waste as well from it's own water source if you have that option.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Imo

Drain to waste sounds...well, wasteful.

Steven from Hydro Innovations should likely be the final word...by far the most knowledgable on these types of matters.

nuttso

nuttso

can u tell me please why u choose UC over MPB. Some pro and contras maybe. Thx in advance.

M

mcattak

Looks good...Just wondering why you need to do DTW on the hydrogen...

Do you have a breakdown as to how many HP the hydrogen, dehumidifier and coils are going to need...

mc

L

Loudblunts

are those 7 (seven) 1/2hp pumps? if so... HOLY FUCK @ the cost to buy, not to mention RUN these bad boys...
600-700 watts... 4-5 amps on 220/240v

you could save yourself ALOT of headache and money by just building a manifold supplied by one of those flotec pumps.

put turn valves on the manifold for the outputs so you can control the flow

p.s. 2hp is 24k btu.... that would be plenty in my mind to run and chill your reserviors AND hydrogen no sweat.....

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

True Dat

are those 7 (seven) 1/2hp pumps? If so... Holy fuck @ the cost to buy, not to mention run these bad boys...

you could save yourself alot of headache and money by just building a manifold supplied by one of those flotec pumps.

Put turn valves on the manifold for the outputs so you can control the flow

p.s. 2hp is 24k btu.... That would be plenty in my mind to run and chill your reserviors and hydrogen no sweat.....

:004:

L

Loudblunts

they say great minds think alike

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to UCMENOW again.

F

FileError404

Thanks so much for all the advice, guys, much appreciated!!

Your HydroGEN needs it's own water source. It can be regular tap water. Do not use a pump from your water-cooled res.

It doesn't look like you're flip flopping, which I think you should probably do. Running 30k watts at once, I would bump my water chiller up to 3HP.

So I can just hook it up to a faucet? That would be good.

Most likely will be flip flop, just didn't want to "draw" it...

Drain to waste sounds...well, wasteful.

Steven from Hydro Innovations should likely be the final word...by far the most knowledgable on these types of matters.

From my research it seems it doesn't consume very much water and the run off is scolding hot so to recirculate would cost more in cooling power than the water to waste. And I'll get in contact with HU net week. Thanks!

can u tell me please why u choose UC over MPB. Some pro and contras maybe. Thx in advance.

That was toughest decision to make. I like em both a lot but in the end, the UC seems a bit simpler to run, doesn't need to be raised, I can buy it instead of building and can get support from UC. If DD's system was available to buy already I might have gone that way.

Do you have a breakdown as to how many HP the hydrogen, dehumidifier and coils are going to need...

The WTG said the 4 coils can be run with 1/2 HP.Waiting for the Dehumidifier info. Will update once I know.

are those 7 (seven) 1/2hp pumps? if so... HOLY FUCK @ the cost to buy, not to mention RUN these bad boys...

Nah, I just used the one picture for the illustration. The coil pumps would be much smaller. Only the chiller pump will be a 1/2hp.
Thanks for the manifold tip, will have to look into that.

The 2HP chiller is a little over sized, but it only costs $250 more than the same model with 1HP...

Thanks again everyone!

Happy Mother's Day - Here, have a flower :D

DSCF0007
N

noone88

drain-to-waste hydroGEN wastes very little water. The unit only fires between every 5-15 minutes (depending on how well your room is sealed) and is only lit for about 2 minutes.

I saw a negligible increase in water usage with dtw HydroGEN. Lastly, if you tried to cool the water that comes out of the HydroGEN, the water is scalding hot (remember, it's a water heater). It'll just make your chiller run harder.

L

Loudblunts

Nah, I just used the one picture for the illustration. The coil pumps would be much smaller. Only the chiller pump will be a 1/2hp.
Thanks for the manifold tip, will have to look into that.

The 2HP chiller is a little over sized, but it only costs $250 more than the same model with 1HP...

Thanks again everyone!

Happy Mother's Day - Here, have a flower :D

awesome bro!!! and yea dont think i was knocking you for oversized chillers, on the contrary...bigger chiller the better

also.... you dont need separate 'coil pump' for each of your reservoirs bro.... that is just more money and more equipment to fail on you and piss you off bro....'sides that 1/2hp pump is strong enough to be pushing through that whole manifold including your daily chained cooling option for multiple reservoir aka the cool coil you are referring too.... i would maybe inquire about the 1hp flotec IF and only IF you are expecting long long long runs.

this is where your manifold comes into play...

attachment.php

(i took this image from a website for stock image so you can get the 'picture' pun intended)

however, you see those brass nipples/barbes? those are what you plug your nutrient cooling coil into.. the turn valve is to control the flow of water which in turn controls the temps of the water. You ONLY adjust the COLD manifold turn valves... as it will slow the COLD water flow and decrease temps...while still allowing the hot temps flow out the WARM water manifold.... does that make sense?

[youtube]A1YA_SFB_5A[/youtube]

[youtube]U4Dl4cRon6A[/youtube]

these 2 videos should help you further and help explain my point too

Manifold big 01
L

Loudblunts

Thanks so much for all the advice, guys, much appreciated!!

So I can just hook it up to a faucet? That would be good.

Most likely will be flip flop, just didn't want to "draw" it...

From my research it seems it doesn't consume very much water and the run off is scolding hot so to recirculate would cost more in cooling power than the water to waste. And I'll get in contact with HU net week. Thanks!

sorry i didnt see this post...

additionally since you are stuck on drain to waste.... you do realize that if you make enough water you can use your RO filtration system drain water right?? orrr you can use a passive cooling method with an oversized reservoir...

ORRRR you can just go simple and get you the solenoid/valve or whatever you wanna call it.... here:

attachment.php

Watervalve 01
F

FileError404

Your Blunts are loud indeed my friend. Like the canon fired at an AC/DC concert :D

The funny thing is, I watched all the HI videos multiple times, thinking of a watercooled horizontal set-up.
Never put the manifold and the coils together...GENIUS!!
I know the manifold picture, so as soon as I saw it I went "Doooohhhhh". :D Thanks so much, that will save a ton, just in kw/h...

...you do realize that if you make enough water you can use your RO filtration system drain water right??

:nerd Ahhhh...nope, can't say that I've realized that until just now... GENIUS AGAIN!

Man, you just saved me tons of $$$... in the short run and in the long run. :clapping

I hope I can return the favor some day.

Got to love The Farm!

L

Loudblunts

for the left side.... put everything on one loop.

i.e. : 1/2hp flotec plumbed to reservoir. another line plumbed from 1/2hp flotec pushing through the manifold. hot side returning back to reservoir. no second pump is needed

for the right side setup with hydrogen pro and merlin.... 86 (subtract) that flotec.... you can get away with smaller less expensive industrial pump.

also, be aware if you do have a reservoir and use passive cooling like that, you still have to keep that water cool enough.

it may even be better to look at that valve if you are stuck on non chilling the hydrogen co2, but that is only my opinion....reason i say that is your tap water is pressurized and is normally cold coming out the tap.... with that electronic valve aka pump replacement it will be a much better and less headache than that passive reservoir...not to mention saving on footprint more room to grow

looks good though

L

Loudblunts

also... those two manifolds are cold and hot.... i noticed you have the cooling coils hooked up something else..the cold side input of the cool coil

those both need to be hooked to the manifold. one cold manifold... one hot manifold. all closed loop

Top Bottom