Under Current RDWC GDP x AK47 First Grow

• Thread starter Green Escape
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Green Escape

hey there this is my first grow i've been working on my grow rooms for about 2 months now and i just got my babies transplanted into their new home a 7x6x7 veg room with an under current 8 site with 4 pots per site. Lighting is a Quantumn BadBoy T5 12 Lamp. Using a C.A.P. CGC controller with two 6 inch canfans for intake/exhaust and a 16 inch fan for air movement. I have an AP 60 air pump for bubbles with 6 inch airstones. Im running a small humidifier for when humidity gets to low. Temps are between 75-77 F, humidity 40-50%, 63gal resivoir temps are at 70-72 F (is that to high?) Im using reverse osmosis water starting out at 7.1ph and ppms of 43. for my first fill all i had was sensi grow a and b and put in 100ppm then dropped the ph down to 6.1 but it seems to rise up to 6.5 over night so i keep having to add more ph down (is that bad?) Like i said this is my first grow so i am going to have tons of questions i have been doing tons of research but i know i am still going to run into problems and would very much appreciate any opinions or input from skilled growers or anyone with knowledge of marijuana for that matter. i'm uploading a couple pictures so you guys can take a look. let me know what you think, if theres something i should change or anything.

that being said here is a couple of questions.
Why is my ph still gradually climbing?
My ppms in the front site are in the 150's and in the back site its in the 180's. Any reason why?
I have my controller set to 78 degrees and it drops my room down to 74-75 degrees but still keeps running my exhaust/intake constantly. Why is that?

G

Green Escape

wont let me add pics at the moment not sure why. i will post them asap. Another question what is an inexpensive alternative way to bring down water temps mine are sitting at 77 and want them down to 70 i have a 1/4 hp water chiller but im using that to run my water cooled co2 burner and i have 2 16 sites in my flower room that im sure im going to have to run chillers to them eventually when i am flowering but money is tight at the moment

t.o.med

t.o.med

green escape- if it was me and it was a choice between using the chiller for the co2 gen or having my res temps at 68f i would choose the res. if you develop root problems its going to hurt you a lot more than having no co2.

R

Rolln J

you need another chiller bro - shit will go bad fast at 77!

t.o.med

t.o.med

also are you keeping the C.A.P. CGC controller well venitlated it says in the instruction manual its a good idea to put an oscillating fan on the controller for proper operation if you posted a pic of how the unit is set that might help to figure out why its always running. are you using a ppm controller or the timer and hows it set. thats a pretty ambitous system to use for your first run ever the plants grow quick in the undercurrent but things can also go bad just as quickly.

G

Green Escape

thanks guys just got my water chiller hooked up to it set at 69 and put a fan up pointing toward the controller that should help that out i must have forgot that part of the manual i swear i read that thing 30 times. im not running co2 in the veg room so theres no ppm sensor on that controller. i have my ph down to a consistent 5.9 for having 63 gallons in there 30 ml of ph down shouldnt be a problem right? hopefully pics come through this time

IMG 0122
IMG 0124
IMG 0125
IMG 0108
IMG 0114
IMG 0117
IMG 0118
IMG 0120
IMG 0121
IMG 0126
IMG 0127
R

Rolln J

whoa - trip undercurrent Sog - didnt know you had options on the lids...

G

Green Escape

you can do anything you want with the lids the systems are actually made here in the central valley where i live so i talked to the owners and the're hella cool and willing to work with you in any way possible. both my 16 sites im gonna run for flowering have 2 pots per bucket. hopefully wont get too crammed.

t.o.med

t.o.med

very clean setup bro. so are your fans cycling properly now. if your going to run two plants per bucket your going to want to put them in the flower room real soon. there going to explode in flower.check out texas kids thread with his undercurrent if you havent already the rate of growth is crazy.just wondering what your using for light in the flower room.

G

Green Escape

thanks guys appreciate the feedback. The fans still keep running constantly and the room is staying at 77 during the day and 74 at night the humidity is ranging from 38-45%. My ph seems to keep climbing so ive been adding ph down to keep them around 5.9 to 6.0 and now my ppms have leveled out everywhere in the 190's res temps are 69-70. for flower i have 2-4 arm sun pulse spinners with 4-400 watts each and 2-2 arm spinners with 2-600 watts each all mixed spectrum and 4 150 watt side lights. running a cool flame co2 burner and the advanced nutes sensi a and b lineup. im trying to dial in my flower room so that im ready when i need to transfer them over. yeah i read texas kids post ive been following so im trying to be as prepared as possible. i'll get some pics up of my flower room here soon.

t.o.med

t.o.med

ge- one thing i noticed if running c02 you need to put your air pump in another room you dont want yor air pump dumping c02 into yor buckets. as far as your ph issues you might want to raise your nute levels higher and add phed water to your res everyday as a top off then dump and refill when youve added back a 100% this might help.

G

Green Escape

I've heard that about the air pumps im working on resloving that issue right now. I've been adding about a gallon of 5.7 ph'd water everyday yet my ppms are still rising. they've jumped into the 210's now and i started em at 150 about 4 days ago. is this something to be concerned about? all my new growth looks fairly healthy but some of my fan leaves are twisting or drooping any one know the reasons for that? or is that normal? i'll update some pics later

t.o.med

t.o.med

ge- are you letting your ro water sit for a day before you put it in the res. because if your phing your water and putting it right in the res without letting it sit before you test it this might be why your getting fluctuations. when i was using ro water i could ph my water then come back later and the ph would be higher and this is before i put it in the res.

G

Green Escape

it probably sat for about 12 hours before i introduced the plants and it did go up during that time as well so i fixed it before i introduced the plants. the ph swings have slowed quite a bit so it seems to be leveling out i threw in some adv nutes pirahna, tarantula, and senisizym to the mix which was recommended by one of my grower buddies and the ppms are at 450 now. a few of the lower fan leaves are browning in the middle of the leaves i tried reading up on plant problems and wasnt to sure what it is. heres some pics any ideas?

IMG 0133
IMG 0134
G

Green Escape

k glad you said that cuz thats the only thing i could think of and my ph was too high for a while. i've got it down staying at 5.7 5.8 now consistently thank god so hopefully along with the recommended extra additives i threw in they'll be perking up a lil more. the new growth is still good but i was starting to see a lil more of that browning and spotting.

t.o.med

t.o.med

nothing you can do about the older growth but the new growth should be better. if you have some advance bloom 0-5-4 you could give them some might help.

G

Green Escape

i can get some first thing tomorrow how much should I put in compared to their recommended amount? and is it better to let the dying fan leaves die and fall off on their own or clip them and get them out of there.

t.o.med

t.o.med

try it at 1/2 strength i woud keep those ppm up between 500-750. i think the low nute levels might have contibuted to your problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom