Under Current Review~Questions & Answers.

• Thread starter TMA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TMA

Greetings & Salutations.

It has been awhile since I posted up my grow show online got a good VPN now( http://hidemyass.com/vpn/ ), and all pictures now or in the future will be 100% legal in my state. So I am ready to rock and roll. :bong-hits:

I have been running a variety of different setups over the last couple years, mainly LP aeroponics and RDWC. In this thread I will be giving the undercurrent a whirl and will be reviewing my thoughts on it.

I want this thread to be as informative as possible, so any question no matter how simple will be answered, so fire away.

I am generally a DIY guy, and never have actually bought a prefabricated system before. I personally prefer to grow large plants, and there really isn’t much on the market for that particular niche. My first impressions of the Under Current based off other grows I have seen, is that it is the best Prefab hydroponic system on the market, especially for people who want to grow a small number of plants, and have a large harvest on each plant. Hands down it is the only system that I would actually buy from the factory.
If everything works out I will be doing a much larger grow in the next couple months. As time is money, I would rather buy a pre fabricated system with all the kinks worked out, as opposed to doing a DIY on a large scale. ( 90+ plants) If I get 1lbs per plant, this system will pay for itself a 100times over in a year. If I get 2lbs per plant I will be taking a vacation, haha.

That being said the price on the under current is really reasonable priced as well, especially when you compare to the results people are getting with them. The small mark up they charge is pretty minimal compared to all the research and development that has gone into the system, I called up the owner to chat with him, and the one impression I got more than anything is Under current is all about maximum yield returns and grow space design, also I didn’t realize UC had been around for so long, they have been developing the system for close to 8 years, it is also nice to be able to call up a team of experts if any problems arise with the system.

I will be adding pictures tonight of my current setups, MPB type tubs, and Aero Tubs,
and will snap some pictures of the grow space as well, make sure to subscribe to this thread, it will be updated several times a week, and will be packed with photos.
TMA :bong2:

B

Bobby Smith

Subbed; planned to build out a 150 site DIY Coliseum but all the UC grows on this site are making me rethink my plans.

What kinda lighting you got going on, and what UC system?

J

JohnnyHigh

I'm looking forward to your grow show! I'm looking at 2 Under Current 6XLs myself. I'd like to do a perpetual harvest every other week or so. From what I hear these are the nastiest systems on the market. Granted, that's what I'm told but a few other guys have tons of pics with their UC setups. Haven't really heard anything bad about them from here or other sites.

I'm hoping to purchase my new setup in a week or so!

Keep us updated!

T

TMA

I like those type of systems, (coliseums, flooded vertical tubes)
But growing that many plants if its not legal is kinda sketchy, and makes it hard to sleep at night..hahaha
I would rather have as few plants as possible while achieving the largest possible harvest.

First run will be either one 1000hps placed horizontally, lighting four of the xl 13's implementing a scrog(screen of green).

Or If I get my new flowering room done in time, I may be running five 1000hps in vertical placement with xl13gals, growing some trees.

Glad to have you following along bobby, Check out Jackmayoffers work if you are thinking of purchasing a UC, Im sure it will be the best investment of your life.

B

Bobby Smith

I like those type of systems, (coliseums, flooded vertical tubes)
But growing that many plants if its not legal is kinda sketchy, and makes it hard to sleep at night..hahaha
I would rather have as few plants as possible while achieving the largest possible harvest.

First run will be either one 1000hps placed horizontally, lighting four of the xl 13's implementing a scrog(screen of green).

Or If I get my new flowering room done in time, I may be running five 1000hps in vertical placement with xl13gals, growing some trees.

Glad to have you following along bobby, Check out Jackmayoffers work if you are thinking of purchasing a UC, Im sure it will be the best investment of your life.

Lol - have read all his threads front to back, but the size is a little different - I'm looking at using 2400-3600 watts for flowering (already have four 600s).

And yeah, the plant counts aren't great but the efficiency (if done right) is unparalleled - in theory, as I've never run it.

Should start building in a couple of weeks - I'll let you know.

M

MediMary

Subbed, I have a question for you, what sets the Under Current apart from other systems on the market?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Subbed, I have a question for you, what sets the Under Current apart from other systems on the market?

Just read, there are about ten threads goin right now covering it inside and out..

Tex

T

TMA

I'm looking forward to your grow show! I'm looking at 2 Under Current 6XLs myself. I'd like to do a perpetual harvest every other week or so. From what I hear these are the nastiest systems on the market. Granted, that's what I'm told but a few other guys have tons of pics with their UC setups. Haven't really heard anything bad about them from here or other sites.

I'm hoping to purchase my new setup in a week or so!

Keep us updated!
I would love to see your take on the perpetual harvest.:joint:

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks, I will get up pictures in a day or two, had to order a new cord for the camera, puppy made it her new chew toy. :evilgrin0040:

I did read one of
your previous posts Mary, and you seem to have the negative pressure
thing down, so if you have a more specific question I will try and
provide you with a more speicifc answer. :sun

So just a couple quick things, Ill add more later

One of the things I like about the Under Current is,
Its made here in the United States.
:smiley_joint:
I always preffer to buy american whenever I can.

The next thing that strikes me is
The Number o System Configurations, 40+, you can call up UC and get
something custom built for your needs.

If someone is a medical patient, like myself, they may prefer an UC as opposed to a DIY, for simplicity,

Negative peripheral pressure is much more effective than positive pressure, smaller pump requirements,

I have not ran the UC before, And the UC is still in transit, but as I
said I will answer all questions to the best of my ability, others
like TK, or Jack, who have more runs, may possibly correct me, this
thread is just to share my experience using the system, to help others
with any questions they may have, hopefully someone will learn
something from this thread, myself included:smiley_joint:
I am sure I will have more to add after my first run.:sun

Just read, there are about ten threads goin right now covering it inside and out..

Tex
The pioneer:joint:

On a side note, this little dancing guy cracks me up!
:icon_stick man:

N

n0dn4rb

I'd like to do a perpetual harvest every other week or so.

I'm looking to do the same thing with my UC setup. my goal is to harvest 2#s every 2-3wks using 4 buckets...

in order to run the most effective perpetual cycle, you would need to run a seperate UC veg setup so max veg time in your flowering rig is 1 week and then you flip.....

just have to figure out the best cycle for 1 UC16 for veg and 1 UC XL16 for flower......:cool0019:

F

FatFreddysKat

Great to see more UC's being put up ....looking forward to the progress!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Im using a 8 gal UC for veg and a 13 gal UC for flower. No need to let grow for a week in the bloom room just go from one to the other. They will stretch out just fine if not veg em in veg room another week.
BG

G

Going4Green

I am not getting the inches plant centers, anyone break that down for me. Was looking at the uc4xl, it says 25" plant centers. Is that just the middle of the plant to the middle of the lights???

G

Going4Green

Another thing i was just thinking about is water,plant,equipment,etc. weight. Any one ever think about that? Just started crunching numbers and i dont even have everything added up and im looking at well over 1000 pounds already. Makes me wish i was doing this on ground level or in a basement.

C

crossouttheiis

I am not getting the inches plant centers, anyone break that down for me. Was looking at the uc4xl, it says 25" plant centers. Is that just the middle of the plant to the middle of the lights???

Plant centwr to plant center....i dont see how you figure 1000 lbsfor the system and everything.... Water weighs 8.35 lbs a gallon...just say ten gallons per unit (high estimate)... Roughly 360 lbs plus the system 70 lbs and the chiller maybe 20..... And a window ac is 130 for a 25kbtu..... Thats under 500and the bulk of your stuff...

G

Going4Green

Plant centwr to plant center....i dont see how you figure 1000 lbsfor the system and everything.... Water weighs 8.35 lbs a gallon...just say ten gallons per unit (high estimate)... Roughly 360 lbs plus the system 70 lbs and the chiller maybe 20..... And a window ac is 130 for a 25kbtu..... Thats under 500and the bulk of your stuff...

Hmm your only running 10 gallons for 4grow and 1control, 8gallon buckets ? I was thinking the system would need more then that.

I already have 4 of those yellow strong boxes 27 gallon each. Just was going to get one more for a control bucket and fill them all half way witch is 13.5 gallons for each bucket comes out to 67.5gallons = 563 pounds. At first i was filling them up all the way so yea 27x5= 135 gallons = 1127 pounds. :confused0054: After some thinking and the morning wake and bake cleared up, i thought about it again. Still 563 pounds plus more is allot of weight for a 5x5 area wouldn't you think ?

B

Bobby Smith

That would be less than 2 of me. In a 5x5 area. Your floor will hold it.:)

Lol.......that's two of me and a (very) small dog - agree with RMCG, your floor can handle it.

R

RMCG

Lol.......that's two of me and a (very) small dog - agree with RMCG, your floor can handle it.

I'm 6'4" ~300#.

Hell, my pup is 70# @ 5mo.

:)

And I only occupy 14" x 12" when I put my feet together...

The floor can definitely handle it.

Top Bottom