Under watering? Lights to close

• Thread starter Diesel21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diesel21

Diesel21

Week 5 in a ebb and flow bucket system. Feeding every 2 hrs in hydroton at 950ppm when lights on. I just turn my quantum boards down because some of the plants were showing light burn I believe. I just went down into my room and one plant has drooping leaves that look to me to be under watered. Should I up the feeding schedule?
Under watering lights to close
Under watering lights to close 3
Under watering lights to close 2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Week 5 in a ebb and flow bucket system. Feeding every 2 hrs in hydroton at 950ppm when lights on. I just turn my quantum boards down because some of the plants were showing light burn I believe. I just went down into my room and one plant has drooping leaves that look to me to be under watered. Should I up the feeding schedule?View attachment 996184View attachment 996186View attachment 996185
Does look underwatered to me. I don't grow in E&F. But thats what the plants say. Hydroton doesn't hold moisture like rockwool or other media so I would say its very likely thats the issue. I dont see an issue if the flood times are short why you couldn't flood a fair bit more often like every hour for 10 min. May even need a cylce or 2 at night because of the media. Again though I do not grow in F&D. Just my thoughts

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

They're drowning, how can you under water when your feeding every two hours. At 950ppm every two hours, the plants are liable to burn.

Diesel21

Diesel21

They're drowning, how can you under water when your feeding every two hours. At 950ppm every two hours, the plants are liable to burn.
Actually they were under watered. I just discovered the 3/4 fill fittings in the buckets with the larger plants we plugged. The smaller plants that were not blocked are beautiful. I fixed the problem. Now the water is making it almost to the top of the hydroton

Top Bottom