Underclocking 1k Watt Hps ?

• Thread starter Mr.Xagain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Im realizing i might not be able to control my temps and was wondering what thoughts anyone with knowledge may have on light output and spectrometry, color range. If i Underclock a 1k to 65 % 70 % to find my heat limitations. I was hoping to have four 4Ă—8 banks each lit by two 1k ac hoods. But fear i may have to go with two 600 watters in my 4Ă—8 banks. I know hortilux doesn't recommend underclocking they're bulbs but a 600W ballast costs the same as a 1k and if i get proper air conditioning im hoping i can bring up to 1k per 4Ă—4 area, ie 2k W per 4Ă—8 bank. Any suggestions help or feedback is greatly appreciated.

basseye

basseye

I'd like to know how it affects spectrum too.
well thats why everyone recommends using the proper size bulb for the wattage dialed,because you will get a better spectrum this way instead of dimming a 1000w bulb.it makes sense to me :)

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

well thats why everyone recommends using the proper size bulb for the wattage dialed,because you will get a better spectrum this way instead of dimming a 1000w bulb.it makes sense to me :)
I get that part completely. My question does turning a 2k spectrum bulb down make the spectrum raise or lower?

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

I spoke with a hortilux sales rep and they are completely against the whole dimming option. Jays question is an interesting one though. What happens when you OVERclock a bulb ? Idk, i started the thread because i want to get the most lumens/PAR possible. Despite not getting optimal color spectrum. Its about the yield im concerned with.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I spoke with a hortilux sales rep and they are completely against the whole dimming option. Jays question is an interesting one though. What happens when you OVERclock a bulb ? Idk, i started the thread because i want to get the most lumens/PAR possible. Despite not getting optimal color spectrum. Its about the yield im concerned with.
I over clock because it's supposed to increase par. I've seen a few charts but don't have any.

Latest posts

Top Bottom