Undercurrent and vertical lighting help

• Thread starter thirtyshort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thirtyshort

Ok so I came over to the farm from another site that while I was enjoying and getting a lot of good info from, most everyone doing it big over there is into SOG and I'm no into getting popped with 2300 plants. After looking around here and seeing some big time grows with vertical lighting and super LOW plant counts using the undercurrent system I'm hooked and will be swiching over to the UC's. I currently have a room that is 20' x 20' and that's just for the plants. I have a tiny bit of extra space for the electical panel and ballasts. I'm running (12) 1000 watters in hoods now and have a 5 ton ac system. I do have a co2 generator and a ppm3 controller for it.

Ok so I want to go with (2) UC8xxl's with 13 gallon sites and run them side by side. How would you guys place the lights around the system? I could add more lights if needed.

P

pacog

Go vertical my Friend. Search out Windowmaker and ask him if he can do a CAD lay out for lights and plants.

Look at DD's MPB thread you will get all the lay out info you need.

Also check out Jackmayoffers most recent thread its insane!!!! 60 light thread.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

any difference in same wattage with 1000's or 600's hung vertical?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

It's all about the 1k's. Light penetration and efficiency per watt, my man. 600's at best are side lights if you insist on using them.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Check out the "Master Blaster" 1500w e-ballast and bulb from Sunlight Supply.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

i basically went with 40" centers then just threw vertical 1k's in middle them all

B

BayAreasFinest

http://img99.invalid.com/img99/972/roomlayout.png

Uploaded with invalid.com

Yellow is vertical. Red is over head in Vertizontal reflectors.

When I veg i put 1000watt Horti Blues over head in the vertizontals and then switch them with 1000watt dual arcs for flower. the verticals are all dual arcs.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom