Undercurrent Evo 12XL ... 4500Watts ... Here we go!

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Nice set up Cat Man.

Looks like you need to put your green mani crutch under the return manifold.....should of came in the pump elbow bag. It will keep the mani from resting on the ground and stressing the modules.

I looked in the pump bag and went through all the parts I got and I dont see a green mani crutch. CAn I put some shims under there?

Hey Cat, what model ph doser u using from hanna? You use it for just PH>?
And your set up is lookin chill bro. good work.

It is a hanna mini ph doser, the actual manufacturer of the doser and pump are black stone though, I think hanna just uses their probes and markets this for black stone under their label. The instructions were horrible. The way it was setup is you have to jump the pump off of the power from the doser/meter and use the same ground and nuetral wires with seperate live feeds, one to kick on the pump and another to power the display. It didn't say anywhere in the instructions how to do this, I had to call hanna support and after they told me it was pretty easy if you have basic knowledge of electrical and wiring.

U

UNVME

dude looking nice!! Clean set up bro. Cant wait to see those things EXPLODE.

L

Lost

A small piece of 2x4 should fit under it no problem :) Like if you have a little 1 or 2 inch end piece..

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It all looks very scientific MGCat and way cool. You are a very serious hobbyist. If this thing works as it should you will be set for life as far as a lifetime supply of gourmet cannabis goes.

That LOGIC gizmo does that filter the nutrient solution or just the water going into the nutrient solution? Also the ph doser, do you connect that or fill that with ph up and ph down and then it just injects whatever it needs to keep the ph where you want it?

Lastly did you make it so you can automatically fill it with a water pipe and does it drain into the house plumbing so you are not carrying water to fill and empty it?

I think it was a wise decision to go with a strain you already know. You really approached this well and there is no doubt you will succeed with your room.

Congrats on getting it operating. Full steam ahead!

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

dude looking nice!! Clean set up bro. Cant wait to see those things EXPLODE.

yea bro anyday now they should be taking off, can't wait to see them explode as well

A small piece of 2x4 should fit under it no problem :) Like if you have a little 1 or 2 inch end piece..

:fixed:

hell yea get this party goin goodcat! :party0023:

Bring some of that Guava to the party homie.

It all looks very scientific MGCat and way cool. You are a very serious hobbyist. If this thing works as it should you will be set for life as far as a lifetime supply of gourmet cannabis goes.

That LOGIC gizmo does that filter the nutrient solution or just the water going into the nutrient solution? Also the ph doser, do you connect that or fill that with ph up and ph down and then it just injects whatever it needs to keep the ph where you want it?

Lastly did you make it so you can automatically fill it with a water pipe and does it drain into the house plumbing so you are not carrying water to fill and empty it?

I think it was a wise decision to go with a strain you already know. You really approached this well and there is no doubt you will succeed with your room.

Congrats on getting it operating. Full steam ahead!

The Logic gizmo just filters the water going into the system, and I also have a UV sterilizer that kills any bacteria before it enters the system as well. The PH doser can either be set on Alkaline or Acid. You set it to either adjust up or down. In my case down. I have it at the set point of 5.5, when it is on it slowly adds ph down until it reaches 5.5. You can leave it on and the system will stay at a contant set point, but I turn it off and let the PH rise to about 6.3 or so then turn it on and it adjust back to 5.5 so I get a nice swing.

I already had a RO system setup in my house for drinking water, all i did was T into the feed line and run a seperate feed right into my grow room for my merlin garden pro. The drain system for the house routes right past my room so I tapped into that and put my waste water from my ro system and also linked in a 1/2" tube that I use with a pump to drain my system right into the maine drain line for the house. No carrying anything here bro, the pumps and valves do all the work.

Chuggga chuggga, chuggga chuggga, choooo, choooo

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Mr. Good Cat I lay the golden fiddle at your feet and bow.

Color me green with envy with a healthy dose of admiration.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I want some pics god damn it! lol

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Mr. Good Cat I lay the golden fiddle at your feet and bow.

Color me green with envy with a healthy dose of admiration.

I saw them in concert this summer with Skynard, great show!

I want some pics god damn it! lol

I will take some pics soon enough bro. The new cuts have only been in the system for about a week now. I had the PPM a little to high to start but quickly corrected it. All the cuts have now reached the water and are starting to explode. The 2 that hit the water first a going retarded right now. Next time I am going to veg in 4" rockwool cubes and get the cuts about a foot tall and top them before they go into the buckets. Got about 20 The White in my EZ clone right now for round 2.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Update Time

Girls just hit the water, time to really start growing. Finally got these dialed in.

PPM 300
PH 5.6-5.6
Water 67-69

RH 50-60%
Ambient Temp 72-75

UCVeg 015
UCVeg 016
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice bro! Now they ready to take off! Damn the white in there, is going to be nice! Not to familiar with that strain ATF but i bet u will yield great! Can't wait to see more; Good luck ;)

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Looks good in there.......what's your ppm. Looks like you might be running a little hot judging by the looks of your leaves.

Rock on brother Cat.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

PPM was at about 450 but I lowered it to 280 and they are really loving the change. The new growth all looks great. I will learn a lot from this run. I can't imagine having to go over 500ppm at any stage in the game with this system. The screens are almost full now, I am putting up trellis netting about 16" above the prelim screens for the scrog. Just using AN Sensi Grow A&B SUb M&B and Aquashield. PH is a stable 5.6 and my PH doser hasn't kicked on since it was set. These base nutes seem fine to me.

hiboy

hiboy

Your learning alot and so am i Mr cat. Thanks for the show and tell. Gona make my first run a bit easier.
hiboy

L

Lost

You should be able to get it up to about 1000 depending on the nutes. When things start pumping you really want to be above 800 ppm ime. You can also go hot one day, and add r/o the next (by hot i mean 1100 and the next day top off so your at like 950..) You can also occationally run the r/o straight for a few hours to make sure your not getting salt buildup in the crown (top water 1/4 gallon to wash the salts out of your medium.)

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I have brought the PK to 1300 in the uc 1 grow but these plants were growing faster than any other UC grows Ive seen yet. I would not recommend going high it does not need to be done. Im sure they might handle it but why risk it if there happy. Dont go fucking with them either 1100ppm one day and down the next unless you have to.
So far ive run about 5 or 6 harvest in UCs and the happiest plants are coming from lower nutes and stability.
The plants will tell you if there happy.
The only time I dont mind seeing the ppm stay the same is when there young and barely eating. When there bigger (1 1/2-2 weeks) I like to see the ppm go down at least 50 ppm per day and usually dont top off until its at least 100 - 150 ppm lower .

BG

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Your learning alot and so am i Mr cat. Thanks for the show and tell. Gona make my first run a bit easier.
hiboy

Yes for sure. This run will teach me mucho about this system.

You should be able to get it up to about 1000 depending on the nutes. When things start pumping you really want to be above 800 ppm ime. You can also go hot one day, and add r/o the next (by hot i mean 1100 and the next day top off so your at like 950..) You can also occationally run the r/o straight for a few hours to make sure your not getting salt buildup in the crown (top water 1/4 gallon to wash the salts out of your medium.)

Holy shit bro. I cant imagine running 1100 PPM in the UC. I am new to this so I am not doubting you at all, just hard to see it from where I am sitting right now.

I have brought the PK to 1300 in the uc 1 grow but these plants were growing faster than any other UC grows Ive seen yet. I would not recommend going high it does not need to be done. Im sure they might handle it but why risk it if there happy. Dont go fucking with them either 1100ppm one day and down the next unless you have to.
So far ive run about 5 or 6 harvest in UCs and the happiest plants are coming from lower nutes and stability.
The plants will tell you if there happy.
The only time I dont mind seeing the ppm stay the same is when there young and barely eating. When there bigger (1 1/2-2 weeks) I like to see the ppm go down at least 50 ppm per day and usually dont top off until its at least 100 - 150 ppm lower .

BG

Yea bro my PH is as stable as chinese DNA, sits at 5.6 all day everyday. All I am running is Sensi Grow A&B, Sub Culture B&M and Aquashield. My PPM is at 280 right now and the plants are very happy. Got the chiller set at 66 and it keeps the system 66-68. For this particular strain I can see low PPM's all the way to the finish line. This plant turns some deep shades of purple too towards the end, so I am gonna use your 53 degree technique and see how that treats them.

K

KCD

Very Nice! I bought the same UC system and am hoping to get it going before I die!
Keep up the great work.

Top Bottom