Undercurrent height

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

What's going on uc farmers, my question is I'm setting up a room that's 17x 18 but is only 7 feet tall and like the plant numbers aspect of the uc, I was wondering how tall the 8 gallon and the 13 gallon modules are exactly. and what would be the best route. I want to run horizontals with 13 gallons but don't want to get too close to the lamps because I'm running bares. If y'all don't think this will work what do you think is a more efficient route, 8 gallons under horizontals or 13 gallon trees with a checkerboard vertical lighting setup. Keep in mind I usually don't like to be a yield goon and base my grow off how much I'm gonna get I'm more of a quality and learning my strain kind of guy, but with this grow I have several patients with actual terminal illnesses depending on me and would like to get as much meds as possible for them so whatever system yall think would be most yield and cost effecient would be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all

St3ve

St3ve

8 gal. 12 3/4"
13 gal. 18 11/16"

I would go with the 8 gallon if it was me. I use 7 gallons and have never completely filled the bucket with roots. Always have room left. My plants average between 3-4 feet tall and eight sites fill a 4x8 canopy completely.

:bong-hits:

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I dont recommend anything less then 12 feet of ceiling hight for a 13. You may want to rethink the whole space.

St3ve

St3ve

ha.. I wasn't even paying attention to the fact that you only have 7feet of headroom. I have 10 foot ceilings with mine and I feel like it could be a little taller at times.

T

TheColt

I'm running 13g with 7ft ceilings, just scrog and use raptor air cooled relfectors and you will never have any problems.....my first grow I didnt expect a strain to stretch more than others, and it was actually touching the glass on the raptor without burning. Unbelievable.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Its honestly not that big of a deal, i havent spent much on this space just panda film, insulation wood and rock and a days worth of work. ill probably just play around with different phenos, new genetics and house my mothers here and find another location where i can run 12 ft ceilings, and colt ive ran magnums, ochos, raptors and plenty of air cooled fixtures and have never felt comfortable with my plants against the glass, no matter how cool my intake air is, nor how powerful my fan blows, but if it works for you more power to you. i just wouldnt personally wanna work around height issues. Also i notice these large footprint air cooled lights even when ran with adequate air conditioning collect so much radiant heat they actually get hotter than adjusto wings fixtures ive ran in rooms with bares and a beefed up ac. Just alot less thick metals and glass to hold all that radiant heat. may not be correct but just my two cents from my past endeavors. and btw Thanks alot DS and st3ve almost pulled the trigger and would be kicking myself in the ass now if i had

M

mrdizzle

for with the 8gals, 7ft is plenty, if your running overhead than that leaves you most than 4ft per plant, which with overhead lighting is really too tall to get your bottom nuggys fat

12ft ceilign if your planning on getting your plants being 8ft tall

Top Bottom